PDA

View Full Version : Poke is in trouble

Phil
9/15/2012, 11:20 AM
Their frosh interception machine is out with a knee injury vs. Crawdad Aggy.

achiro
9/15/2012, 11:29 AM
It looks bad, his femur and tibia aren't really fitting together like they should be.

colleyvillesooner
9/15/2012, 11:35 AM
Just can back from the lockeroom with it iced and wrapped on crutches.

olevetonahill
9/15/2012, 11:36 AM
So is he Out for the season ?

achiro
9/15/2012, 11:37 AM
http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i367/achiro1/4AE1E357-0883-489E-9CCF-99083EC58C6A-2990-00000A4680FF3C5B.jpg

olevetonahill
9/15/2012, 11:38 AM
Thats UGLY

BeaSooner
9/15/2012, 11:39 AM
the orange or the leg?

GameWarden
9/15/2012, 11:40 AM
Pokes rolling anyway. 17 points in 9 minutes.

Wish I hadn't had to look at that knee again. OUCH!!!

GameWarden
9/15/2012, 11:40 AM
Pokes rolling anyway. 17 points in 9 minutes.

Wish I hadn't had to look at that knee again. OUCH!!!

9/15/2012, 11:51 AM
Ah, the ol' squishy knee.

85sooners
9/15/2012, 11:56 AM
Big 12 champs will prevail!!

olevetonahill
9/15/2012, 11:57 AM
What the hell just happened?
I rewound to watch and still aint got a clue
Pokes were on 3rd an 2 at the 12
Got a 10 Yard holding penalty
They show the penalty twice Next thing the Play says its 3rd and 3 Did they Just miss showin 2 plays?

picasso
9/15/2012, 12:01 PM
Jeez that stinks. Wet or dry artificial turf, either way it sucks.

9/15/2012, 12:04 PM
With prompt treatment, it shouldn't smell bad at all.

picasso
9/15/2012, 12:05 PM
On the field or the knee?

9/15/2012, 12:08 PM
Well, it IS Stillwater.

olevetonahill
9/15/2012, 12:16 PM
the orange or the leg?

That Orange crap

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/15/2012, 12:17 PM
I peeked at the game, and ag was up too big. Changed channels quickly.

picasso
9/15/2012, 12:18 PM
If the oSu QB is out for the year it's gonna be a long fall for the pokesters.

picasso
9/15/2012, 12:23 PM
I take that back. Let the Walsh was better than Lunt all along campaign begin!!!!

Salt City Sooner
9/15/2012, 12:29 PM
They just said that Lunt should be back in 2-3 weeks.

picasso
9/15/2012, 12:34 PM
Robert Allen said that? Did he check on him on his way to the pizza stand?

9/15/2012, 12:37 PM
"Extra squishy knee, please."

If he is back in two weeks, I'll eat my bacon hat.

Salt City Sooner
9/15/2012, 12:46 PM
Robert Allen said that? Did he check on him on his way to the pizza stand?
FSN's sideline reporter (IIRC name was Jim Knox).

picasso
9/15/2012, 12:48 PM
FSN's sideline reporter (IIRC name was Jim Knox).
I was kidding. I saw Knox one time at the airport in Houston. I called him FoxSports Guy.

I'm not sure he liked it.

achiro
9/15/2012, 12:49 PM
I'll be pretty surprised if he's back that quick.

Boomer.....
9/15/2012, 01:12 PM
Dislocated?

70sooner
9/15/2012, 03:17 PM
don't care who it is, hate to see it. tore up my right knee many years ago and it sure wasn't any fun......and that was just one focked up picture....made me cringe.

BeaSooner
9/15/2012, 03:40 PM
"Extra squishy knee, please."

If he is back in two weeks, I'll eat my bacon hat.

mmmm.....bacon...

olevetonahill
9/15/2012, 03:45 PM
That Pic that Achiro posted I wondered if that wasnt the Knee cap shoved around. But hell I dont know. Dint Sam go out for a few weeks with that ?

CowboyMRW
9/15/2012, 03:55 PM
I think I heard it was a Dislocated knee cap. Which is not a major injury. It definitely sucks, and can't be fun, but I'm pretty sure it's pretty easy to recover from.

It's the same thing that Ricky Seals-Jones had happen to him last week.

But, man I think Walsh may be a Top 10 QB in the nation right now. :tongue: :big grin: Straight beast.

olevetonahill
9/15/2012, 04:07 PM
I think I heard it was a Dislocated knee cap. Which is not a major injury. It definitely sucks, and can't be fun, but I'm pretty sure it's pretty easy to recover from.

But, man I think Walsh may be a Top 10 QB in the nation right now. :tongue: :big grin: Straight beast.

He better be, Them sheep ****ers gonna win the Big 12 remember :tongue:

picasso
9/15/2012, 04:07 PM
You hope.

Wishboned
9/15/2012, 04:12 PM

I thought they only had to come in second behind Texas, and ahead of 4th place OU?

And I hope for a speedy recovery for him. I hate to see any college player hurt.

olevetonahill
9/15/2012, 04:17 PM
I thought they only had to come in second behind Texas, and ahead of 4th place OU?

And I hope for a speedy recovery for him. I hate to see any college player hurt.

They got to come in ahead of OU to me that means they gonna have to win the B12 out right:monkey:

8timechamps
9/15/2012, 04:44 PM
I was kidding. I saw Knox one time at the airport in Houston. I called him FoxSports Guy.

I'm not sure he liked it.

The best work I've ever seen from "Old Knoxy" was when he fell off the back of the couch at KSU.

picasso
9/15/2012, 05:13 PM
Does this mean the Poke flags will be back out this week? They disappeared for a few days.

yukonsooner
9/15/2012, 06:34 PM
Again did this game really show osu anything about their team, just like the first game??? I don't think so

achiro
9/15/2012, 06:45 PM

I hope you are right and he's back at it quickly

nighttrain12
9/15/2012, 06:45 PM
Again did this game really show osu anything about their team, just like the first game??? I don't think so

After a bye week, they host Tex-A$$ in 2 weeks. Who the hell are OU fans supposed to root for in that one?

CowboyMRW
9/15/2012, 06:55 PM
I hope you are right and he's back at it quickly

Me too. I'm still not 100% sold on Walsh. He had a great day for sure, but his throwing motion scares me and will lead to a lot of batted balls at the line or tips/ints when we get to conference play with legit D Lines. Plus I don't think our offense is suited for his talents at this time.

Back sipping the Vodka spiked Orange Koolaid. It's gonna be awesome. :)

olevetonahill
9/15/2012, 07:04 PM
Me too. I'm still not 100% sold on Walsh. He had a great day for sure, but his throwing motion scares me and will lead to a lot of batted balls at the line or tips/ints when we get to conference play with legit D Lines. Plus I don't think our offense is suited for his talents at this time.

Back sipping the Vodka spiked Orange Koolaid. It's gonna be awesome. :)

Yea well Ima chuggin the hell out of Crimson OVJ so you dont stand a chance :tongue:

soonerloyal
9/16/2012, 11:10 AM
Bless his heart. Prayers and best wishes for a full & fast recovery.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/16/2012, 12:04 PM
Bob Stoops said Wes Lunt will be be back next week and that image isn't any different than what his knees look like while playing ball at Iowa.

TanTanFeil
9/16/2012, 06:23 PM
Hard to believe he will be back in 2-4 weeks with a dislocated knee cap. That picture of his knee is just nasty

Breadburner
9/16/2012, 06:25 PM
Walsh will get knocked out before the season is over.....

soonerboy_odanorth
9/16/2012, 10:09 PM
No no.. you see, the pokes are so deep and talented that they can EASILY lose 4 of 5 offensive line starters (or 3 of 5, however you silly pokes want to argue it) from their once-every-forty-years conference championship squad and not miss a beat. They just RELOAD baby... PISTOLS FAHRIN'! YEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAW!

CowboyMRW
9/16/2012, 10:32 PM
Walsh will get knocked out before the season is over.....

Why do you say that? I'm having trouble following your reasoning.

No no.. you see, the pokes are so deep and talented that they can EASILY lose 4 of 5 offensive line starters (or 3 of 5, however you silly pokes want to argue it) from their once-every-forty-years conference championship squad and not miss a beat. They just RELOAD baby... PISTOLS FAHRIN'! YEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAW!

OL is the one position that we do reload at every year. Coach Wickline is the best in the business as an OL coach.

VA Sooner
9/17/2012, 07:50 PM
Bob Stoops said Wes Lunt will be be back next week and that image isn't any different than what his knees look like while playing ball at Iowa.

Uh-oh... that's Bobspeak for Lunt actually getting his knees replaced with titanium tomorrow and spending a few weeks in an iron maiden to ease the pain.

cleller
9/17/2012, 08:26 PM

The big difference here is that Bob Stoops' knees were attached to Bob Stoops.

badger
9/19/2012, 09:45 AM
Let's set aside Wes Lunt for a second. His backup played well (against an admittedly weaker opponent than Zona, yes) and he's only a freshman, so it's not like they're replacing a Heisman or anything... not that OSU has too many of those hehe

The real issue? This. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/sportspost.aspx?/OSU_indoor_facility_wont_be_completed_until_at_lea st_April/11-16989)

That's right, from the school that brought you invisible athletic village comes INVISIBLE INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITY.

Gundy can run winter practices in GIA, right? :stunned:

thecrimsoncrusader
9/19/2012, 10:56 AM
I think the need to spend money on rotating the stadium. I'm not a big fan of east/west runners.

BoulderSooner79
9/19/2012, 10:59 AM
I think the need to spend money on rotating the stadium. I'm not a big fan of east/west runners.

I dunno. Our D seemed determined to stop the north/south runners up their last season while letting their east/west runners have their way :(

PrideMom
9/19/2012, 11:00 AM
artificial turf = injuries

CowboyMRW
9/19/2012, 11:12 AM
football = injuries

FIFY

badger
9/19/2012, 11:23 AM
We are paying Gundy 11-win money for what will likely be a 6-win season. We are also spending tons on facilities that fans will not fill and players will not be able to use for awhile. OSU is like a land of broken promises, blank checks and broken dreams. But, so long as we have more national championships than the Gooners in rasslin, we will put up with mediocrity. And bright orange. And I know that's redundant.
FIFY

hornswaggled
9/19/2012, 01:42 PM
My tibia and femur hate one another, and both refuse to compromise or cooperate. Their relationship is strained. My patella should intervene, but it won't.

picasso
9/19/2012, 01:44 PM
My patella has been on the outs since high school.

BoulderSooner79
9/19/2012, 01:55 PM
One of my patellar tendons isn't even mine - I "borrowed" it from some dead guy.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/19/2012, 01:56 PM
I dunno. Our D seemed determined to stop the north/south runners up their last season while letting their east/west runners have their way :(

I find your tone of humor to be disturbing. :eek:

kbsooner21
9/19/2012, 02:03 PM
I take that back. Let the Walsh was better than Lunt all along campaign begin!!!!

LOL poke fan at work told me yesterday that he's actually glad Lunt was going to be out vs Texas as Walsh gives them a better chance to beat Whorn.

Same poke fan that told me before the season started I should be worried because after Lunt gets year long experience before they play OU, Lunt was going to be better than Weeden LOLOLOLOL

hornswaggled
9/19/2012, 02:08 PM
Good on ya. Never let good, reusable parts go to waste.

Morbid question: If it's borrowed how do you repay it?

Wishboned
9/19/2012, 02:43 PM

You pay it forward.

StoopTroup
9/19/2012, 03:07 PM
the orange or the leg?

HEH

StoopTroup
9/19/2012, 03:14 PM
Coach Wickline is the best in the business as an OL coach.

Sure he is, that's why he's in Stoolwater.

All those experiences at Delta State, SW Mississippi, Pearl River, Middle Tenn and Baylor are huge resume builders.

BoulderSooner79
9/19/2012, 03:18 PM

If you mean my cadaver tendon, I'm not sure it's a good idea. When I filled out my organ donor card I asked if I should exclude that item -- sounds too much like re-gifting.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/19/2012, 03:31 PM
OL is the one position that we do reload at every year. Coach Wickline is the best in the business as an OL coach.

You have become really delusional in a really short span of time. Unless he's responsible for conning Gundy into stocking around 25 offensive linemen every year, Wickline can only take a measure of the recognition. That is, "coachin' 'em up" can only get you so far.

I know this is going to come as a shock to you, but everyone has the same scholly limitations. Experience and talent reign supreme, particularly on the o-line. If it is all Coach Wickline, then why wasn't your o-line even competitive in 2009 as you laid the big orange goose-egg on Owen Field, but was much improved in 2010, then was top-notch in 2011? Wouldn't be because the talent grew and became more experienced... hmmm? Ya think?

Your team hasn't played any team that so far that could be marketed as even having a competent defense. Don't get me started on Arizona, where if you were to respond they are playing with the talent Mike recruited, I'd have to remind you that they are in the first year of that funky 3-5-3 defense RichRod and Castell like to run.

You're in for a rude awakening in Big XII play this year. And I cannot wait to see you Pukes Choke on it.

StoopTroup
9/19/2012, 03:50 PM
You have become really delusional in a really short span of time. Unless he's responsible for conning Gundy into stocking around 25 offensive linemen every year, Wickline can only take a measure of the recognition. That is, "coachin' 'em up" can only get you so far.

I know this is going to come as a shock to you, but everyone has the same scholly limitations. Experience and talent reign supreme, particularly on the o-line. If it is all Coach Wickline, then why wasn't your o-line even competitive in 2009 as you laid the big orange goose-egg on Owen Field, but was much improved in 2010, then was top-notch in 2011? Wouldn't be because the talent grew and became more experienced... hmmm? Ya think?

Your team hasn't played any team that so far that could be marketed as even having a competent defense. Don't get me started on Arizona, where if you were to respond they are playing with the talent Mike recruited, I'd have to remind you that they are in the first year of that funky 3-5-3 defense RichRod and Castell like to run.

You're in for a rude awakening in Big XII play this year. And I cannot wait to see you Pukes Choke on it.

I really thought he was always delusional just maybe not full on retard like the others. :D

olevetonahill
9/19/2012, 04:04 PM
I really thought he was always delusional just maybe not full on retard like the others. :D

Purty Retarded if ya ax me
he bet me 100 bucks at the start of the season that Pokey State will be ranked higher in the B12 at the end of the year than OU

CowboyMRW
9/19/2012, 04:15 PM
FIFY

Holy hell, I am rolling after reading that

badger
9/19/2012, 04:21 PM
LOL poke fan at work told me yesterday that he's actually glad Lunt was going to be out vs Texas as Walsh gives them a better chance to beat Whorn.

The quarterback that gives OSU the best chance of beating whorn? Not Walsh, not Lunt. THIS guy:
http://hellspawnedjavelinas.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/caseface.jpg
^^^TRUTH^^^

Holy hell, I am rolling after reading that

If it makes you feel any better, Iowa is by far overpaying their coach. They're paying him Rose Bowl money even though he never got Hawkeye to the Rose Bowl... we stole that from them. Hehe

CowboyMRW
9/19/2012, 04:24 PM

Same poke fan that told me before the season started I should be worried because after Lunt gets year long experience before they play OU, Lunt was going to be better than Weeden LOLOLOLOL

That fan is retarded. By the end of his career Lunt may, I repeat may be better than Weeden.

Lunt was pressured on one play in Arizona, the house blitz. We were also averaging right around 5.5 yards a carry that game or close. Our defense lost us that game, plain and simple. I know a lot of people that say Wick is the best in the business in College Football. Texas was willing to break the bank for him, and he turned them down. OL is one position that every year, I can come in and say that it'll be a bright spot for OSU. Look at how well our OL units have played while only having 1 Superstar, Okung.

So one game, in the past 4 years, qualifies Wick as being a terrible position coach? We were pretty over rated all of 2009 after losing Dez and Kendall. How we won 9 games remains a mystery to me. Although our defense did play well that year, and so did Toston.

Purty Retarded if ya ax me
he bet me 100 bucks at the start of the season that Pokey State will be ranked higher in the B12 at the end of the year than OU

We'll see. Big 12 play starts now. I still hold hope.

picasso
9/19/2012, 04:51 PM
Give it up guys. Sam Bradford wasn't sacked much in 2008 and I can guess but I can't even tell you who our o-line coach was that year but with those stats he certainly had to be the best in the business.

baja okla
9/19/2012, 04:59 PM
"By the end of his career Lunt may, I repeat may be better than Weeden."

I may, I repeat may have an affair with Anjelina Jolie. Hmmm. You know, I think I figured out how you Aggies think...and I like it. Me and Anjelina. Keep on dreamin.

StoopTroup
9/19/2012, 05:01 PM
Cowboy mrw...I know a lot a people say...

ROTFLMAO.

It just never stops. A lot of people said poke st should have played Bama too but they played Stanford and walked away with a win after Stanford's Frosh FG kicker missed from WTF range.

picasso
9/19/2012, 05:10 PM
You can't blame that frosh kicker. He was obviously intimidated by Coach Wickline roaming the sidelines.

StoopTroup
9/19/2012, 05:18 PM
LOL

He is one of the best. I've heard people say stuff about him.

BoulderSooner79
9/19/2012, 05:38 PM
I may, I repeat may have an affair with Anjelina Jolie...

Been there, done that. She was lousy.

olevetonahill
9/19/2012, 05:57 PM
Been there, done that. She was lousy.

Worst I ever had was Fantastic

badger
9/20/2012, 08:14 AM
Give it up guys. Sam Bradford wasn't sacked much in 2008 and I can guess but I can't even tell you who our o-line coach was that year but with those stats he certainly had to be the best in the business.

It was still Kevin Wilson in charge, wasn't it? Tell Indy he's the best in the biz. They'll probably recoil, afraid we're about to send them another Kelvin Sampson :D

cleller
9/20/2012, 08:21 AM

Lunt/Walsh will be the best QB in the conference since Chance Mock.