PDA

View Full Version : Season 3 of the Walking Dead starts 10-14

SapulpaSooner
9/15/2012, 08:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShQz68Zkb3Y It is going be Awesome :pop:

ouwasp
9/15/2012, 12:39 PM
Well, I'm probably going to have to leave Dish and go to Direct. Don't like learning a new system, but I'll adapt. Kinda surprised AMC and Dish haven't come to an agreement, it's been since July 1...

I hope the first part of Season 3 of TWD doesn't drag as much as the Search for Sophia did last yr.

ouleaf
9/15/2012, 01:44 PM
Can't get here fast enough! OU-Texas weekend and new episode of Walking Dead!

stoopified
9/16/2012, 10:09 AM
Well, I'm probably going to have to leave Dish and go to Direct. Don't like learning a new system, but I'll adapt. Kinda surprised AMC and Dish haven't come to an agreement, it's been since July 1...

I hope the first part of Season 3 of TWD doesn't drag as much as the Search for Sophia did last yr.

I am on DISH too, sadly I am still under contract and can't leave. Am going to try buying episodes off Amazon, not sure how that will work.

8timechamps
9/16/2012, 05:39 PM
Probably the most anxious I've ever been for a TV show. I'm sure the first episode of the new season will seem like it lasts about 10 minutes, and while we may get some answers, you know there will be a ton of new story lines.

Whet
9/16/2012, 09:34 PM
Maybe this season, we'll find out more about The Others and that black smoke monster, too!

Collier11
9/18/2012, 10:13 PM
Best show on TV IMHO, cant wait to see what the prison brings

delhalew
9/19/2012, 07:38 AM
During a marathon they played a black and white version of the pilot. My daughter and I are very hyped for new episodes.

SapulpaSooner
9/21/2012, 11:49 PM
They need to show a flashback of what happened to Sophia before The barn and after Rick had Had to leave her to kill the Walker's

SapulpaSooner
9/24/2012, 07:57 PM
Now how about a big hug for your old Pal Merle. Who is he talking too?

8timechamps
9/24/2012, 08:23 PM
Now how about a big hug for your old Pal Merle. Who is he talking too?

I don't think he'll be back. I think visions of Merle will continue to plague Daryl. I have nothing to base this theory on, just a thought.

SapulpaSooner
9/24/2012, 08:44 PM
I don't think he'll be back. I think visions of Merle will continue to plague Daryl. I have nothing to base this theory on, just a thought.

Yes he is back for Season 3 and looks like he is working for the governorhttp://static.wetpaint.me/network/ROOT/photos/twds3merledixonfirstlook560-4428435383900045448.jpg

http://www.wetpaint.com/network/articles/walking-dead-season-3-spoiler-photo-merle-dixon-is-back-minus-one-hand-photo

8timechamps
9/24/2012, 08:46 PM
Yes he is back for Season 3 and looks like he is working for the governorhttp://static.wetpaint.me/network/ROOT/photos/twds3merledixonfirstlook560-4428435383900045448.jpg

http://www.wetpaint.com/network/articles/walking-dead-season-3-spoiler-photo-merle-dixon-is-back-minus-one-hand-photo

Well slap me in the scrotum! Interesting. Now I just want the damn thing to start!

booomer
9/24/2012, 11:03 PM
I've been waiting for this for a long time......can't wait!

Pricetag
9/24/2012, 11:55 PM
I'm looking forward to season three, but I really can't wait for the hiatus! When will it be?

SapulpaSooner
9/27/2012, 03:05 PM
2 weeks to go

8timechamps
9/27/2012, 07:08 PM
I'm looking forward to season three, but I really can't wait for the hiatus! When will it be?

The hiatus will be fun, but I'm really excited for the end of season three...when the waiting for season four begins!

SapulpaSooner
10/2/2012, 12:11 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51qmPLFxNRL._SX500_.jpg

SapulpaSooner
10/6/2012, 10:03 PM
1 week to go

SapulpaSooner
10/9/2012, 09:33 AM
4 days

Pricetag
10/9/2012, 03:29 PM
I was just wondering this morning about how long they'll run the prison arc. It was so huge in the comics--it could easily last longer than a season, depending upon how closely they follow.

Collier11
10/9/2012, 08:32 PM
anyone else hoping that Lori gets offed?

8timechamps
10/9/2012, 09:26 PM
I was just wondering this morning about how long they'll run the prison arc. It was so huge in the comics--it could easily last longer than a season, depending upon how closely they follow.

Well, they drug out the whole Sophia thing. But, I think that actually made for a bigger impact when she was found all zombified. I started to read the comic, but decided it might ruin my enjoyment of the show, so I gave it up.

8timechamps
10/9/2012, 09:27 PM

I'll just say it wouldn't make me like the show any less. I didn't mind her until she had such a strange reaction over Shane's death. Then I started disliking her.

SapulpaSooner
10/9/2012, 09:47 PM

I'll just say it wouldn't make me like the show any less. I didn't mind her until she had such a strange reaction over Shane's death. Then I started disliking her. She knew it had to be Rick or Shane in the world they are living in there was no other way. one of them was going to kill the other and she knew it.

Collier11
10/10/2012, 10:52 PM
The Rick/Shane episode was a thing of beauty, just rewatched it tonight...my feeling is that Shane wanted Rick to kill him, what say you?

8timechamps
10/11/2012, 03:12 PM
The Rick/Shane episode was a thing of beauty, just rewatched it tonight...my feeling is that Shane wanted Rick to kill him, what say you?

Well, he knew it was going down one way or another. Either he was going into the woods to kill Rick, or he knew Rick was not coming out without killing him. So, yeah, I think he was hoping Rick had the balls to do it.

Pricetag
10/11/2012, 09:12 PM
I didn't see Shane as the guy to volunteer to make the sacrifice, especially since he was convinced that Lori's baby is his. He volunteers others to make the sacrifice.

I watched an interview with Jon Bernthal, the actor who plays Shane, and he said they had an idea for the death scene where, after Shane rises, Rick tries to shoot him with his own gun, only to find it unloaded, which would have shown that he meant for himself to die.

8timechamps
10/12/2012, 12:33 PM
I didn't see Shane as the guy to volunteer to make the sacrifice, especially since he was convinced that Lori's baby is his. He volunteers others to make the sacrifice.

I watched an interview with Jon Bernthal, the actor who plays Shane, and he said they had an idea for the death scene where, after Shane rises, Rick tries to shoot him with his own gun, only to find it unloaded, which would have shown that he meant for himself to die.

Interesting that they went with what we saw, as it does leave doubt. I don't think Shane would be a volunteer either, but he had several opportunities to shoot Rick, and didn't. He talked a lot about leaving the group, and how different he was than everyone else. I think ultimately, he wanted Rick to take him out. I think he knew Rick was the one that needed to stay.

Collier11
10/12/2012, 08:50 PM
he knew that this world changed him and not Rick, they could never have their friendship back and it was his fault for going behind his back with his best friends lady

SapulpaSooner
10/14/2012, 09:46 AM
Just 11 hours to go

SapulpaSooner
10/14/2012, 03:44 PM
4 hours

Collier11
10/14/2012, 03:48 PM
BONER

soonerhubs
10/14/2012, 07:20 PM
So ready!!!!! Out of grad school so we now have cable. Prior to cable we did amazon instant video, but that wasn't bad because we just had to wait one day.

40 minutes!

StoopTroup
10/14/2012, 07:51 PM
So ready!!!!! Out of grad school so we now have cable. Prior to cable we did amazon instant video, but that wasn't bad because we just had to wait one day.

40 minutes!

Enjoy! Congrats too.

SapulpaSooner
10/14/2012, 07:59 PM
You're staying this isn't a democracy anymore

SapulpaSooner
10/14/2012, 09:02 PM
That was the best episode yet

ouleaf
10/15/2012, 11:46 AM
Great start to the season! So much to like about that first episode. Maybe the best episode since episode 1 of season 1.

SapulpaSooner
10/15/2012, 03:15 PM
Today's your lucky day fellas you been parted by the state of Georgia your free to go

colleyvillesooner
10/15/2012, 11:41 PM
That was awesome. The most violent episode I can remember, yet so got a **** ton done. And the end? Pretty cool.

Wish I hadn't of read the comics now.

stoopified
10/20/2012, 09:09 AM
Enjoyed the show.As a Dish customer I had to watch online at AMC.com and all the commercial braks I was constantly reminded that TWD was not on DISH.It was like AMC was rubbing it in.

delhalew
10/21/2012, 01:56 PM
Zombies in riot gear...fun for the whole family.

SapulpaSooner
10/21/2012, 07:30 PM
Amc back on dishhttp://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/489995-AMC_Channels_Back_On_Dish_As_Voom_Suit_Settles.php

colleyvillesooner
10/21/2012, 08:04 PM
That was hilarious.

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2012, 08:33 PM
Leeeeeroooooy Jeeeeenkinnnnns!

soonerhubs
10/21/2012, 11:06 PM
Leeeeeroooooy Jeeeeenkinnnnns!

I had to Google that. My wife and I laughed for ten minutes straight.

SapulpaSooner
10/23/2012, 09:15 AM
Destroy Soonerfans.com I can't allow that i will die before i let that happen

Pricetag
10/23/2012, 09:38 AM
Wish I hadn't of read the comics now.
It's been different enough from the comics that I don't think it has ruined the show, at least not for me.

Take this week's episode, for example. I fully expected Hershel to die and reanimate, forcing Maggie and/or the little sister to put him back down. I fully expected him to bite Lori's lips off when she was giving him mouth to mouth. Either scenario would have been very cool, and neither happened in the comics. But based on other things that have happened in the show that didn't happen in the comics, I didn't think it was out of the question.

I got a genuine start when Hershel started breathing again.

tator
10/23/2012, 09:52 AM
It's been different enough from the comics that I don't think it has ruined the show, at least not for me.

Take this week's episode, for example. I fully expected Hershel to die and reanimate, forcing Maggie and/or the little sister to put him back down. I fully expected him to bite Lori's lips off when she was giving him mouth to mouth. Either scenario would have been very cool, and neither happened in the comics. But based on other things that have happened in the show that didn't happen in the comics, I didn't think it was out of the question.

I got a genuine start when Hershel started breathing again.

Agreed, I was 100% prepared for a zombie Hershel attack

BigTip
10/23/2012, 10:04 AM
Agreed, I was 100% prepared for a zombie Hershel attack

Still could happen. Is he breathing, or is he reanimated?

One legged Hershel won't turn into a Walker. He'll be a Hopper.

8timechamps
10/23/2012, 02:02 PM
The entire scene with Maggie talking to Herschel alone...I wasn't able to really get into that scene, because I just knew that zombie Herschel was going to jump up at any moment. Well played.

Also, when Rick took out Tomas...I wasn't really expecting that. Of course, I wanted him to do it, but wasn't sure he had it in him. Now, he's fully committed to keeping the group safe at all costs. I think I would have offered the remaining two convicts the chance to join the group. More muscle can't hurt, and it seemed as though neither were bad guys.

Lastly, I'm not sure I'm going to really get into the arc with Andrea and Michonne. We'll see...

Jacie
10/23/2012, 08:54 PM
Rick's hatchet to the head of the guy who tried to kill him was to not so bad. Locking the other one in with walkers was pretty cold blooded, however and makes me ask the question, will Rick uphold the bargain with the remaining convicts and give them food (which his people need) after he locks them up, or starve them to death?

ouleaf
10/23/2012, 09:04 PM
I definitely think the Michonne/Andrea story is about to pickup starting next week if. There was an awesome sneak peak they showed on Talking Dead.

Rick taking out Tomas was awesome. Glad that it seems as though Herschel is going to make it after all. Carl is a huge pain in the ***, still wandering off just waiting to get bitten.

SicEmBaylor
10/23/2012, 09:19 PM
I may be the only person who actually likes Lori and hates Andrea.

tator
10/24/2012, 02:23 PM

I could do without either of them.

And I think the 2 convicts left will end up joining the group eventually.

I also think some of this prison story line is going to involve defending their prison from other groups of survivors. I think that's what was being setup by the eyes in the woods watching that chick practice surgery on the zombie.

8timechamps
10/24/2012, 05:37 PM

Nah, I don't like either of 'em.

soonerinabilene
10/26/2012, 11:18 AM
I've spent the last 3 days watching season 1 and 2 on netflix, and just watched the 2 episodes of season 3 on demand. It's by far the most intriguing show on right now. I was thinking maybe Merle is the person hiding in the woods?

8timechamps
10/26/2012, 01:17 PM
I've spent the last 3 days watching season 1 and 2 on netflix, and just watched the 2 episodes of season 3 on demand. It's by far the most intriguing show on right now. I was thinking maybe Merle is the person hiding in the woods?

Welcome aboard!

I'm with you, I think Merle is checking things out, and will make his move soon.

SapulpaSooner
10/28/2012, 07:24 PM
Welcome to Woodbury

delhalew
10/29/2012, 02:14 PM
When the Governor and Rick finally meet, I can just see the epic wild dog, *** sniffing, sizing each other up scene ever. I'll bet rick sees right through him. If not, Daryl will like "that dude is ****ed. Trust me".

ouwasp
10/29/2012, 06:07 PM
I thought the ambush of the Nat'l Guard troops was way thin.

All of the characters in the latest episode are irritating at best (Michonne) and worthy of death at worst (The Gov). I won't be bothered if bad things happen to any/all of them.

ouleaf
10/29/2012, 06:21 PM
I like that the whole episode was away from the main cast. It was a nice break. I like how Andrea is ready to shack up but Michonne still doesn't want to trust them.

I like the Governor and his little mad scientist guy. Great to see Merle again!

Can't wait for the two factions to meet!

8timechamps
10/29/2012, 07:15 PM
I wasn't really looking forward to this episode, because I didn't think the arc would keep me interested. I was wrong, it was a solid episode that sets up a lot of new story-lines.

They did a really good job with Merle. I actually kinda liked the guy by the end of the episode, but it will be very interesting when they meet up with the main group.

Something is clearly amiss with the whole Woodbury thing. It's too good to be true, and it's going to start with the Governor and Rick having a **** fight. You know that's coming.

Collier11
10/29/2012, 09:47 PM
I too liked that we didnt have the main characters, it was a little slow but it really set up some interesting plot possiblities.

Also, it has been way too quiet for a while now, one of the main characters will be dying soon, I have a feeling

Collier11
10/29/2012, 09:48 PM
also, will Darrell go with his Bro or stick with his new fam?

SapulpaSooner
11/2/2012, 09:16 PM
I'm thinking there's at least one prisoner in the prison that they did not find

delhalew
11/2/2012, 11:28 PM
This was fun to watch.
http://hardcorefansonly.com/thewalkingdead/the-walking-dead-qa-with-norman-reedus-and-michael-rooker/

ouwasp
11/3/2012, 05:58 PM
Also, it has been way too quiet for a while now, one of the main characters will be dying soon, I have a feeling
This will happen quite soon according to my daughter that likes seeking out spoilers...

SapulpaSooner
11/4/2012, 10:15 PM
That was the most intense episode of the walking dead yet T dog and Lori dead Shane's baby made it and Rick is Beginning to lose his mind and The governor has pissed Merle off

delhalew
11/4/2012, 11:32 PM
Jesus. All hell just broke loose.

Collier11
11/4/2012, 11:33 PM
Great episode, HOLY ****! I cant wait to see how they top that as it was only episode 4 of 16. I hear it is going to get really really dark. I cant imagine them keeping the baby alive but we will see.

delhalew
11/4/2012, 11:57 PM
These are the episodes that make me rethink letting my five year old watch with me. She balled her eyes out. She was totally fine after, but that **** was pretty harsh.

When everyone had a **** eating grin on there facw while watching Hershel, I said this is going to go bad real quick. They still shocked be with the scope of the cluster****.

Collier11
11/5/2012, 12:03 AM
yea, when they were all happy watching Hershel there was an eery feeling that something wasnt right. Rick is done, no way he doesnt lose it

SapulpaSooner
11/5/2012, 10:37 AM
Great episode, HOLY ****! I cant wait to see how they top that as it was only episode 4 of 16. I hear it is going to get really really dark. I cant imagine them keeping the baby alive but we will see. After all that the baby has to make it.

Pricetag
11/5/2012, 10:58 AM
That was so hardcore that I got scared toward the end that the hiatus was coming after this week.

What a noble ending for T Dog, a character who was kind of just there most of the time.

I felt like a stupe when they figured out who was messing with them with the generators. I never thought for a second that it could be Andrew. Oscar surely bought his and Axel's tickets to the group when he saved Rick.

Lori's death is another great diversion from the comics that works, setting up some intriguing possibilities. With her gone, do Rick's doubts about who fathered the baby come back up? Does he accept that baby, does it anchor him to sanity? Does he reject her and go off the deep end? Rick's reaction after realizing that Lori didn't make it was great. The regret was palpable.

ouleaf
11/5/2012, 12:14 PM
Just absolutely amazing television! I figured they were going to kill off one from the main cast of survivors soon, but I didn't expect two. Glad they gave T-Dog a hero's farewell.

I yelled at the the TV several expletives when it was revealed who lured the hoard in and turned on the alarms. What a great twist. I didn't think for a minute that he had survived when Rick locked him out in the yard with all the walkers.

This will be great to see how the group reacts. Do they accept the two remaining prisoners into the group? Does Rick go on a mad walker killing spree? What happened to Carol? What a great moment for Carl's character development.

I wonder if those alarms could be heard from Woodbury?

delhalew
11/5/2012, 12:23 PM
I wonder if we find that Merle said eff it, and took off alone to look for Daryl. If he did, he may have heard the alarm. If you recall, the prison is not far from the farm. Ricks group has been going in circles for nine months.

Pricetag
11/5/2012, 01:27 PM
I wonder if we find that Merle said eff it, and took off alone to look for Daryl. If he did, he may have heard the alarm. If you recall, the prison is not far from the farm. Ricks group has been going in circles for nine months.
I'm really interested to see what they do with Merle. He didn't seem to have much redeeming value when we knew him back in season one, but he seems to have toned it down a bunch. I still got a major creep vibe from him when he gave Andrea the "how come we never hooked up" talk. He's conflicted about wanting to look for Daryl, but seems to owe a life debt to The Governor.

Speaking of The Governor, he's an immensley more likeable character in the show than in the comics. We know he has a screw loose, but who doesn't in this world?

delhalew
11/5/2012, 02:40 PM
I don't see a life debt keeping Merle from finding Daryl. Even if Merle was a ****ty big brother, he's still the kind of guy that won't give that up. To the only question is how long he waits. If he already split, he may have heard the alarm. Or maybe Woodbury heard it, or maybe it draws a zombie hoard. Either way SOMEBODY heard it. They made it to big of a deal to go unnoticed.

8timechamps
11/5/2012, 09:02 PM
Just got a chance to watch the latest episode. HOLY ****!

What's strange is that I never really gave T-dog much thought, but when the end came I didn't want it to be him. As much as I haven't really liked Lori, I felt kind of the same way about her.

Looks like it's going to get dark for Rick, but I think he'll find some temporary relief in a killing spree. Carl is going to be a hard core dude.

Probably the best TV I've ever seen. They do such a phenomenal job of story telling. I'm also glad I chose not to look ahead (via the comic, spoilers, etc). It has made it amazing.

Collier11
11/5/2012, 09:14 PM
After all that the baby has to make it.

I dont know, didnt the baby die in the comics at the same time as Lori? I know they divert from the comics but I just dont see how they keep it alive?

Just got a chance to watch the latest episode. HOLY ****!

What's strange is that I never really gave T-dog much thought, but when the end came I didn't want it to be him. As much as I haven't really liked Lori, I felt kind of the same way about her.

Looks like it's going to get dark for Rick, but I think he'll find some temporary relief in a killing spree. Carl is going to be a hard core dude.

Probably the best TV I've ever seen. They do such a phenomenal job of story telling. I'm also glad I chose not to look ahead (via the comic, spoilers, etc). It has made it amazing.

I read today that this show/comic is a story about Carl, if so it is about to get big for him. These writers are unreal, always keeping us on edge

delhalew
11/5/2012, 09:48 PM
I have to give the actor that plays Carl credit. He had eyes of steel when he walked past after he put Lori down. The look on his face when his dad lost his **** was full of emotional depth. I may end up liking the little bastard after all.

colleyvillesooner
11/5/2012, 10:06 PM
Woah. That is all.

ouwasp
11/5/2012, 11:47 PM
I waffled a bit about Merle, but his character is what it is. He is a ruthless, self-centered man. If he really goes seeking The Group, it will be for revenge.

I just hope and expect Carol will be reunited very soon; The half-season long Search for Sophia went way long. The Quest for Carol should maybe last half an episode.

I wish Lori would have had some graceful exit message for Rick. That was quite a death scene.

colleyvillesooner
11/6/2012, 12:57 AM
Don't think there will be a search for Carol. They think she is dead.

achiro
11/6/2012, 10:05 AM
These are the episodes that make me rethink letting my five year old watch with me. She balled her eyes out. She was totally fine after, but that **** was pretty harsh.

When everyone had a **** eating grin on there facw while watching Hershel, I said this is going to go bad real quick. They still shocked be with the scope of the cluster****.
Seriously, WTF

delhalew
11/6/2012, 10:25 AM
Seriously, WTF I don't know what to tell you. She got out of bed one night, and walked in when they were hiding under the cars. She's been obsessed ever since. She begs to watch it. She doesn't get scared, but she cried when Sophia and Lori died.

We spend time after the show talking about the complex, and disturbing issues like suicide and bad people. She's an odd kid. She has had to grow up early due to dissolution of our family. I actually like that it gives us a chance to discuss things I don't know how to bring up.

sanantoniosooner
11/6/2012, 11:25 AM
Like a zombie apocalypse?

Fraggle145
11/6/2012, 11:44 AM
Just watched. Lori's death was a lot less harsh than in the comics... I was actually glad that I was a bit prepared for it.

Am very interested to see how they deal with the baby aspect. Also seems like Rick is going to go off the deep end a little earlier than expected. Wondering how they get Andrea and Michonne back in the group... Or if they do... What about Merle? does he join the group with Daryl or does Daryl leave with Merle? How do they resolve that?

Some very interesting story arcs here.

And knowing from what I have read from the comics the stories are very different, but seem to come around to the same ends by different means.

8timechamps
11/6/2012, 01:22 PM
Like a zombie apocalypse?

You can never prepare too early.

delhalew
11/6/2012, 01:34 PM
You can never prepare too early.
I was about five when I started planning for the Zombie Apocalypse. If only that was a joke. I saw night of living dead and thought, "come on! You've got to do better than that!"

GDC
11/7/2012, 08:08 PM
JezqGUOWV9w

delhalew
11/8/2012, 12:06 AM
Barbara. They're coming to get you Barbara.

Boomer.....
11/8/2012, 08:38 AM
Don't think there will be a search for Carol. They think she is dead.

But they never found her body. I can't imagine Daryl not looking for her.

Boomer.....
11/8/2012, 08:39 AM
BTW, do we know for sure that the person who set the walkers loose was the black guy in the generator room?

delhalew
11/8/2012, 10:47 AM
BTW, do we know for sure that the person who set the walkers loose was the black guy in the generator room?

Not for sure. We know said person was wearing worn out prison issued slippers.

What we don't know is who was watching Carol from the woods. That happened while Rick and the boys were clearing the other cell block. Suggesting it was not one of the four prisoners we know about.

SapulpaSooner
11/11/2012, 10:40 PM
Welcome to the Zombie games

Boomer.....
11/12/2012, 09:56 AM
Rick has officially lost his mind.

SoonerJack
11/12/2012, 10:25 AM
When the phone rang GAAAAAH. What is it about traditional ring tones in scary movies? I got goose bumps. Anyone else?

ouleaf
11/12/2012, 11:55 AM
Rick has gone bye-bye. Blinded with rage, I half expected him to beat the crap out of Glenn.

Zombie fight club was pretty insane. Think Andrea wants to leave now, but now that Michonne is already gone she won't want to fend for herself. She is definitely a prisoner of Woodbury now.

The phone ringing has to be the strangest sound one could hear in the zombie apocalypse. Who is on the other end and how would they know to call that particular phone number?

Fraggle145
11/12/2012, 12:14 PM
So we know Michonne left, but did she really get far? Did the gov capture her *** and take her out back somewhere?

ouwasp
11/12/2012, 06:28 PM
These are my guesses:

Phone call = manifestation of Rick's tormented mind. Be interesting to see who is on the other end of the line.

Michonne is on the loose for now. Would like to know some more of her backstory.

Merle is a great bad***. I suspect he'll have a death worthy of his role. The Governor cannot be killed off fast enough for me. There is nothing redeeming about the man.

Collier11
11/12/2012, 07:43 PM
I have not read the comics but I read an article that talked about them and that phone call happens in the comics. I wont ruin it for anyone but I love the idea, I kind of wish I hadnt read about it now

Pricetag
11/13/2012, 10:31 AM
The Governor cannot be killed off fast enough for me. There is nothing redeeming about the man.
You wouldn't believe how much more likeable The Governor is in the show compared to the comics. They've done a great job with him.

Did anyone else think the bloated walker in the boiler room was a metaphor for Lori's pregnancy? Rick taking a knife to his belly was kind of him lashing out at the baby, blaming her for Lori's death, I thought.

The director of the episode also said on Talking Dead that the walker had eaten Lori's remains, explaining the distended gut. I guess that would evoke a pretty negative reaction from Rick, too.

Boomer.....
11/13/2012, 11:21 AM
Someone also mentioned her hair on him, but I didn't catch that.

Fraggle145
11/13/2012, 11:32 AM
I have not read the comics but I read an article that talked about them and that phone call happens in the comics. I wont ruin it for anyone but I love the idea, I kind of wish I hadnt read about it now

I'm interested to see if the phone call is the same as the comics or is it someone else?

SicEmBaylor
11/13/2012, 11:41 AM
I wish to god a walker would feed on Glenn. I cannot stand him.

SicEmBaylor
11/13/2012, 11:42 AM
Did anyone else think the bloated walker in the boiler room was a metaphor for Lori's pregnancy? Rick taking a knife to his belly was kind of him lashing out at the baby, blaming her for Lori's death, I thought.

The director of the episode also said on Talking Dead that the walker had eaten Lori's remains, explaining the distended gut. I guess that would evoke a pretty negative reaction from Rick, too.

Exactly what I thought.

Fraggle145
11/13/2012, 11:45 AM
I wish they would quit with dumb *** Andrea and make her bad *** Andrea like in the comics.

Pricetag
11/13/2012, 12:27 PM
I'm wondering if Andrea's experience at Woodbury ends up more like Michonne's in the comics. That would certainly transform her.

Fraggle145
11/13/2012, 01:40 PM
I'm wondering if Andrea's experience at Woodbury ends up more like Michonne's in the comics. That would certainly transform her.

True. Sort of why I was wondering if Michonne actually got away.

8timechamps
11/13/2012, 02:44 PM
I think the phone call is all in Rick's head. Wasn't there a baby crying just before the phone rang? He's in a jacked up place right now, and I think his mind is effing with him.

I think Michonne is hiding out just outside of Woodbury. I don't think she would leave Andrea knowing that there was something wrong with that place. She's gonna swoop in and save her ***.

I got the feeling that the bloated walker Rick took apart was full from eating Lori, and Rick felt like the closest thing he could do for revenge was to open it up, and eventually get the remnants of Lori to bury. But, now that some of you bring up the metaphor angle, I can see that too.

Clearly Merle is still a time-bomb waiting to explode. I think he could go off on the governor if he was pushed far enough.

As for Glenn, I liked him a lot better before he became pussified. I think Maggie is more of a bad *** than Glenn is.

Boomer.....
11/13/2012, 02:56 PM
There is no way that they bring in Michonne for a few episodes to have her wonder off. She's not leaving Andrea.

Collier11
11/13/2012, 08:22 PM
if they do this right, this show could go on for a long time which has me excited. I just hope they dont get too eager with everything

SicEmBaylor
11/13/2012, 10:27 PM
I really don't like Michonne. She scares the **** out of me. I think it is written deep within my DNA to be scared of sword wielding black women in the south.

Collier11
11/13/2012, 11:47 PM
you are just scared of women in general

Fraggle145
11/14/2012, 12:23 PM
^Nailed it.

OUTrumpet
11/14/2012, 12:45 PM
Loving this season. The town is interesting, definitely 'to good to be true' type of place and I'm looking forward to what Woodberry has for major flaws outside of zombie fight club. Haven't read the comics yet. Want to see what happens to the prisoners that have joined up (are they sincere about being a full part of the group?) Glad Lori's gone. Wondering how long Rick is going to be nuts, will he ever get over Lori? Would have to say Darryl is my favorite character.

Love how some sections of the show are just silence, they spend so much time just showing what's happening as opposed to telling us. Michael Bay needs to watch this show and learn from it.

SoonerBBall
11/15/2012, 02:59 PM
You wouldn't believe how much more likeable The Governor is in the show compared to the comics. They've done a great job with him.

I agree he is more likable, but I disagree that they've done a great job with him. The actor is very good at AMC's version of the Governor, but the comic version was far more interesting. He was bi-polar more than conniving and was far more intrinsically evil.

Collier11
11/15/2012, 10:27 PM
but do you really want a character on a tv show that is sooo over the top crazy?

delhalew
11/17/2012, 12:17 PM
Michone is my kind of girl...strong, sexy, and barely speaks. .

Tulsa_Fireman
11/17/2012, 01:20 PM
I bet she makes a helluva sandwich.

ouleaf
11/19/2012, 10:56 AM
Don't want to give away any spoilers for those that haven't seen it yet, but another solid episode. Nice to see how the two groups will collide with one another in the coming episodes. Phone call was just plain weird. Will Andrea feel differently about her old group now that she is cozy with the Governor? Merle is just awesome and great episode for Michonne.

Wishboned
11/19/2012, 10:58 AM
Andrea is just a slut for anyone in power.

ouwasp
11/19/2012, 11:49 AM
As savvy as Michonne is portrayed to be, I'm surprised she had not already figured out the "bathe-youself-in-zombie-entrails" trick to avoid detection. Yeah, I realize she kept those two "pets", but still...

Boomer.....
11/19/2012, 11:57 AM
So did Rick just somehow snap out of his craziness after he realized it was Lori?

ouleaf
11/19/2012, 05:26 PM
So did Rick just somehow snap out of his craziness after he realized it was Lori?

I guess so. Also seemed to magically find a way to shower all the blood off him and get a change of clothese too.

Who was the guy's voice then on the other end then?

ouwasp
11/19/2012, 05:46 PM
I guess so. Also seemed to magically find a way to shower all the blood off him and get a change of clothese too.

Who was the guy's voice then on the other end then?

I read somewhere the male voice was Jim. That particular character was bitten in Season 1 when the campsite was attacked. He was left (by his request) along a roadside sitting beneath a tree as the group was on their way to CDC in Atlanta...

8timechamps
11/19/2012, 07:12 PM
Every now and then, we get a "filler" episode. One of those episodes devoted to cleaning up a few loose ends, and setting up the next big story-line. This was one of those.

Surprisingly, I'm interested to see how Andrea responds to all of this. With Michonne surely going back with Rick and the gang, the **** is going to hit the fan. Rick wants badly to find a place that is safe, and that's was Woodbury is. However, there is no way in hell that Rick and the Governor can co-exist. And then there's Merle. Somebody's days are numbered.

Collier11
11/19/2012, 11:06 PM
Rick was in a bad place mentally and he left a lot unsaid, his delusion allowed him to close that up.

Michonne will join the group at a distance I imagine, I cant see her prancing around the prison.

Merle is likely dead soon I would think, he keeps pushing back at the Gov

Andrea is sluttastic

Darrel and Carol better not hook up, that would ruin the show for me

Darrel and Rick better not die, atleast not for a long time

Glenn or his lady, one of them will die soon im guessin

SapulpaSooner
11/25/2012, 07:52 PM
It is fixing to get a lot Darker put the kids to bed for this one

Collier11
11/25/2012, 10:23 PM
Oh yea, great episode. Loved the music, got my heart racing. Things are about to get crazy, and bloody

ouwasp
11/25/2012, 11:05 PM
Perfect timing, had to be on purpose... the weird cabin guy getting disemboweled on the porch and cut to commercial...

The Walking Dead is brought to you by KFC...!!!

colleyvillesooner
11/25/2012, 11:48 PM
So glen confirmed he is a badass.

Next episode will be epic. How long is the break?

ouwasp
11/25/2012, 11:55 PM
Oh my gosh... the sneak peak on The Talking Dead was so...enticing...Michonne meets one of Woodbury's special, special, citizens. Up close and personal.

Colley, I think the break is until Feb...

Collier11
11/26/2012, 12:04 AM
Feb or early March, not horrible but enough to **** me off :D

colleyvillesooner
11/26/2012, 12:12 AM
Oh my gosh... the sneak peak on The Talking Dead was so...enticing...Michonne meets one of Woodbury's special, special, citizens. Up close and personal.

Colley, I think the break is until Feb...

Missed it. What was it?

ouleaf
11/26/2012, 01:30 AM
Can't wait for the inevitable meeting of Daryl and Merle. Can't wait to see what happens b/w the two of them. Also interesting to see how Andrea will react as well. Great episode for Glen tonight. Think Michonne was really impressed with Rick and his groups tactical abilities. Woodbury isn't ready for them. Have to think Michonne has put the pieces together that this is Andrea's former group, but she is hanging on to that info. Wasn't really sure of the Milton experiment with the old dying man. Is there a bigger picture there?

Wishboned
11/26/2012, 10:23 AM
Wasn't really sure of the Milton experiment with the old dying man. Is there a bigger picture there?

I think the Governor wanted Andrea there so she could be more open to his keeping his zombie daughter around.

ouwasp
11/26/2012, 10:31 AM
As for Milton's experiment, I am sure it has to do with Penny, the Governor's zombie daughter. Is there anyway to connect with those already reanimated? Do they retain any bit of their former selves? Any possible method of communication? The Gov undoubtedly is desperately trying to figure out a way to somehow reach out to Penny; shades of why Herschel was keeping all the zeds in the barn.

Spoiler/sneak preview below for those that did not watch Talking Dead....

A scene is shown where Michonne is opening a cage door... she is acting very concerned and sympathetic... because she sees a young girl that is hooded and bound within the cage...of course, this is the Governor's zombie daughter Penny. When the sneak peak ends, Michonne has her hand on the hood, pulling it off...

Jacie
11/26/2012, 07:02 PM
If Rick is confronted by Merle now, he will kill him outright now, something he was too civilized to do in way back when.

The one we will all hate after next week will have to be Andrea. I am sure she will turn on the group now that she is balling the Governor.

So what the odds on the various characters to kill the Gov? Favorites would be Rick and Michone. Less likely, Glenn and Merle. Dark horse, Andrea.

Breadburner
11/26/2012, 08:24 PM
The kid is going to do it....

Collier11
11/26/2012, 08:37 PM
Glenn will kill the Gov IMO, he has a lot of built up rage over the way he treated the lady friend

ouwasp
11/26/2012, 09:13 PM
Jacie has an interesting take... but if/when Andrea learns it is in fact her old group (w/Michonne), what then? Will that make a difference? For that matter, Michonne seems a pretty savvy lady...has she already figured out this is Andrea's old group, or will that be dropped in a conversation?

The Gov can't die fast enough for me. I think it would be fitting if Penny did him in.

Pricetag
11/27/2012, 11:19 AM
I don't think Andrea is as far gone as she looks. I think she wants Woodbury to be everything it appears, but she's already seeing signs that it is not. I didn't buy her saying that she actually enjoyed the fights. Her reaction was too visceral to have been a show. She wants The Governor to be the guy who sips whiskey out by the garden, not the ringmaster at the fights. One look at the seedy underbelly/freakshow, or knowledge of the torture of Glenn and Maggie, and she'll be snapped back to reality.

The sacrifice of the crazy cabin guy was intense, one of those things that was wrong in the old world (illustrated by Oscar's reaction), but had to be done here.

8timechamps
11/27/2012, 01:09 PM
I'm still a little confused about the crazy cabin guy. So, he's lived in that cabin by himself for how long, and hides under a blanket when people come in? Just seemed kinda rushed.

Anyway, I somehow think the governor is going to find a way out of all this and put the bulls-eye on Merle. Merle is a loose cannon, and at least the governer has some sense of humanity, albeit strange. I think Andrea will side with the group once Michonne tells her everything. Merle is going to have to die, there is no other way out for him. And it's going to be Daryl that will do it (that's just my take).

Pricetag
11/27/2012, 02:06 PM
Yeah, I thought after the previous few episodes that Merle might have a softer side, but obviously not after these last two. Daryl is my favorite non-comics character in the show--I've been fretting about him following his big brother for awhile. Hope he comes out okay.

Another TV-only character that I'm getting to like is Milton. He's a character that I think actually prefers the world the way it is now--he's better off there, I think. He seems to put up with the dark aspects of Woodbury because it allows him to do his studies on the walkers. I think he'd turn on The Governor in a second if it benefitted him.

8timechamps
11/27/2012, 08:04 PM
Yeah, I thought after the previous few episodes that Merle might have a softer side, but obviously not after these last two. Daryl is my favorite non-comics character in the show--I've been fretting about him following his big brother for awhile. Hope he comes out okay.

Another TV-only character that I'm getting to like is Milton. He's a character that I think actually prefers the world the way it is now--he's better off there, I think. He seems to put up with the dark aspects of Woodbury because it allows him to do his studies on the walkers. I think he'd turn on The Governor in a second if it benefitted him.

You can definitely tell that Milton could do with or without the governor. I also thought Merle was coming around in the first few episodes. I also thought at the beginning of this week's episode he might be trying to do the right thing, then he commenced to beating on Glenn and I realized he's never going to do the right thing.

Jacie
11/27/2012, 10:20 PM
Merle will always be a redneck first.

Will be pretty bad if his own brother has to be the one to kill him though.

TitoMorelli
11/27/2012, 11:04 PM
I don't think Andrea is as far gone as she looks. I think she wants Woodbury to be everything it appears, but she's already seeing signs that it is not. I didn't buy her saying that she actually enjoyed the fights. Her reaction was too visceral to have been a show. She wants The Governor to be the guy who sips whiskey out by the garden, not the ringmaster at the fights. One look at the seedy underbelly/freakshow, or knowledge of the torture of Glenn and Maggie, and she'll be snapped back to reality.

The sacrifice of the crazy cabin guy was intense, one of those things that was wrong in the old world (illustrated by Oscar's reaction), but had to be done here.

I got the impression that he was already dead when they threw him to the walkers.

colleyvillesooner
11/30/2012, 10:38 PM
That's what I thought as well. Rick stabbed him all the way through.

ouleaf
12/3/2012, 04:32 PM
So, not a bad mid-season finish, but didn't think it was great. Pretty good cliff hanger at the end and gives you plenty of more questions to ponder for the next 2 months. Thought a major character would have gotten the axe, but that wasn't really the case.

Liked one comment that i heard on The Talking Dead afterwards....If you combine the Governor, Merle, and Herschel you have an actual pirate.

achiro
12/3/2012, 05:16 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the comic storyline is actually better than the tv show? Don't get me wrong, I like it but I liked how evil the governor was in the books. It's really leaving the books storyline completly at this point which I guess is good for those of us that have read them.

Collier11
12/3/2012, 07:55 PM
Well dont you think that last episode was setting up the Governor going completely mad? The episode wasnt my favorite but I loved the part where Rick thought he saw Shane and I loved the last 15 minutes

8timechamps
12/3/2012, 10:34 PM
Well dont you think that last episode was setting up the Governor going completely mad? The episode wasnt my favorite but I loved the part where Rick thought he saw Shane and I loved the last 15 minutes

Absolutely.

In fact, on the Talking Dead, the director said they planned it that way. They wanted to portray the governor as kinda likable, then slowly peel back the layers to expose his evilness.

The episode was okay, set up a decent cliff-hanger. But I think the next episode will be really good.

stoopified
12/4/2012, 05:57 PM
can't wait til 2/10/13

tator
12/6/2012, 10:13 AM
That's what I thought as well. Rick stabbed him all the way through.

If I remember right, it was Michonne that killed the cabin guy with her sword when everyone else was hesitating. And I think you are correct about him being dead. He was just a distraction so they could get away.

Pricetag
12/9/2012, 11:30 AM
In fact, on the Talking Dead, the director said they planned it that way. They wanted to portray the governor as kinda likable, then slowly peel back the layers to expose his evilness.
Yep. I enjoyed seeing The Governor as a charismatic guy who probably still had some good in him, rather than a guy who seemed to dupe a whole town like in the comics. He seems like a good guy ruined by the world they live in, a path that we seem to see Rick going down right now.

Breadburner
12/9/2012, 11:41 AM
How could you think the govnah was anything but insane......

ouwasp
12/9/2012, 01:22 PM
I'm sick of Andrea. If she doesn't stick an icepick in the Governor's ear soon, I hope she gets walkerized. The shown is setting up some interesting dynamics with the Dixon bros...

Pricetag
12/10/2012, 10:29 AM
How could you think the govnah was anything but insane......
Oh, he is definitely cuckoo, but in the show, I could see why the folks of Woodbury would follow him. It's been quite a long time since I read that arc in the comics, but I don't remember anything redeeming about The Governor of the comics, not even his love for Penny.

Pricetag
12/10/2012, 10:32 AM
I'm sick of Andrea. If she doesn't stick an icepick in the Governor's ear soon, I hope she gets walkerized. The shown is setting up some interesting dynamics with the Dixon bros...
Yeah, if Andrea doesn't flip pretty quickly after finding out that they were fighting the old group, she's worthless.

I'm a big Daryl fan. I don't know how his current predicament possibly ends well for him, though.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/10/2012, 10:55 AM
Oh, he is definitely cuckoo, but in the show, I could see why the folks of Woodbury would follow him. It's been quite a long time since I read that arc in the comics, but I don't remember anything redeeming about The Governor of the comics, not even his love for Penny.

This a thousand times.

I never got the impression from the show that the Governor was feeding victims to his daughter. That's CLEARLY established in the book along with his being a general SOB and mad for power. The power hungry aspect isn't reflected at all, just killing others to reinforce and supply the town something I'd consider myself were I in the Governor's shoes.

The angle I think that was lost is in the people of Woodbury. They're happy. There's no underlying fear. There's no acceptance of the lesser of two evils, the Governor as a megalomaniac that keeps them safe versus existing in the hell that is the outside world, backed by the ever-present threat that if you buck the Governor, if you question the Governor, if you don't stay in lockstep, you end up dead. Instead, the Governor is outwardly a nice guy. People feel safe and work within the confines of the community under the premise that the man will protect them like a shepherd instead of a wolf. That got lost, therefore it's a town of struggling survivors who have found a niche. Even have some of my sympathy.

Remember how in the book even the citizens themselves are denigrated? The dregs? The low-lifes? The white trash? Enjoying the arena like a NASCAR race?

None of that. And by virtue of that, Woodbury loses its bite. Disappointing.

GDC
12/10/2012, 06:05 PM
I was watching my nephew play Call of Duty just now and one of the voices sounds just like the actor who plays Merle. Then I flip through the TV channels and he's on in Mississippi Burning.

OUTrumpet
12/11/2012, 07:26 AM
Yeah, if Andrea doesn't flip pretty quickly after finding out that they were fighting the old group, she's worthless.

I'm a big Daryl fan. I don't know how his current predicament possibly ends well for him, though.

Yeah, I have no idea how he makes it out. But when I watched the final episode before the break in the spring teaser, it has a shot of Daryl running through the woods.

Unless it's a flashback, I think he makes it out of Woodberry somehow.

And whoever said the dregs and white trash of Woodberry comment -- I almost wonder if we're being told Woodberry from Andrea's POV -- is she just ignoring it because of her hots for the Governor? Now that he's crazy and she knows who they were fighting in the night, does she start to pick up on all the negative things about Woodberry? Cause everything they've shown is just way too good to be true for a zombie apocalypse. Also Michonne was horrified by the place.

Collier11
12/11/2012, 07:33 PM
I think Darrel is a character that they cant kill off too early or they will lose viewers, he is a def fan fav