PDA

View Full Version : Musings on the perpetual Mideast rioting

ouwasp
9/14/2012, 05:56 PM
If there were no cameras present... how would that affect the level of outrage?

What percent of these rioters actually have a job? Or are they just professional hell-raisers?

Have these rioters, terribly offended that they are, ever considered mass suicide as a gesture? I could really appreciate this if it were to occur. I would even eat a couple of pork chops in their honor.

Is it too much to ask that they chant in English? Something besides "Death to America". The thing is, we just cannot understand the retarded-sounded barking refrains they are constantly vocalizing. Perhaps the networks could take the step of providing closed-captioning to the next bearded mob yelling into the red-lighted camera. This could prove to be enlightening, or maybe just amusing.

StoopTroup
9/14/2012, 06:01 PM
Like I said....I think one or ten of these would do just fine. I don't think I need someone to tell me how outraged I need to be.

http://www.africam.com/wildlife/index.php

cleller
9/14/2012, 06:51 PM
Egypt's economy being heavily dependent on tourism doesn't seem to deter them, so appealing to their own self-interest won't work. Dealing with nutjobs has always been problematic.

8timechamps
9/14/2012, 07:34 PM
If there were no cameras present... how would that affect the level of outrage?

What percent of these rioters actually have a job? Or are they just professional hell-raisers?

Have these rioters, terribly offended that they are, ever considered mass suicide as a gesture? I could really appreciate this if it were to occur. I would even eat a couple of pork chops in their honor.

Is it too much to ask that they chant in English? Something besides "Death to America". The thing is, we just cannot understand the retarded-sounded barking refrains they are constantly vocalizing. Perhaps the networks could take the step of providing closed-captioning to the next bearded mob yelling into the red-lighted camera. This could prove to be enlightening, or maybe just amusing.

I'm sure the presence of media is some kind of fuel.

I think of it like the L.A. Riots, only with less police involvement. Any big city is going to have it's fair share of hoodlums, and I suspect the average number is higher in the ME than the US. Not to mention they've been exposed to violent, war-like behavior since birth.

picasso
9/14/2012, 07:47 PM
I can understand their anger but was John Carter really that bad?