PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Fighter 16

reflector
9/14/2012, 11:40 AM
The greatest reality show on television returns tonight for another season. This season will not be live like last season. This season is Welterweights. The coaches this season are Roy Nelson and Shane Carwin. It looks like it is going to be a wild season from the previews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB-eWtWRMpk

ouleaf
9/14/2012, 03:22 PM
Too bad about going away from the semi-live format. I like the live fights. they still have the fights to get into the house right? It's not like 2 seasons ago where they already had the guys pre-selected. That was awful.

reflector
9/14/2012, 03:41 PM
Too bad about going away from the semi-live format. I like the live fights. they still have the fights to get into the house right? It's not like 2 seasons ago where they already had the guys pre-selected. That was awful.

I believe they will still have to fight to get into the house.

ouleaf
9/15/2012, 01:35 PM
Pretty good fights overall...kind of glad they just did recaps of the fights that sucked. Think this is a really good crop of fighters. Carwin's group appears to have the advantage IMO

achiro
9/17/2012, 12:01 PM
Couple of those guys can fight!

Boomer.....
9/17/2012, 01:13 PM
I'm liking Smiling Sam Alvey. :D Not sure he should be the first pick just based on one punch, but it was a hard one.

Breadburner
9/17/2012, 07:25 PM
I don't care for all the dooshy drama and jawing.....

Boomer.....
9/18/2012, 07:20 AM
The dude with the red mohawk (who was picked last) seems like the biggest punk in the previews.

reflector
9/21/2012, 10:06 PM
Neil Magney looked okay in winning on tonight's episode. Cameron Diffley just kept looking for different leg locks.

ouleaf
9/23/2012, 09:54 PM
Yeah, Cameron just seemed to take a little to long to look for take downs where he was obviously stronger. Magney played everything pretty smart though. Basic boxing to score points and was able to elude any submission attempts by Diffley, and look for any take downs when the opportunity presented itself.

reflector
9/28/2012, 11:26 PM
I thought the fight was really good on tonight's episode. Joey Rivera beat Sam Alvey. I hope if there are any injuries further in the season, that Alvey would get a chance to fight again. I thought the fight was really close on tonight's episode.

ouleaf
9/29/2012, 10:47 PM
I didn't really think the fight was that close. Was kinda of surprised it wasn't unanimous decision. Rivera seemed pretty much in control of the fight from the get go. Pretty impressive head kicks and really drained a lot out of Alvey with that strong headlock in the first round. Rivera is definitely a strong contender if he keeps fighting like that.

reflector
10/5/2012, 11:10 PM
I thought it was a good fight on tonight's episode. I thought Marunde beat Lane two rounds to zero. I thought it was crazy what Roy Nelson did after the fight when he confronted Dana White about the commission

ouleaf
10/7/2012, 03:03 AM
Fight was pretty meh. Marunde played it smart. Scored his points and just held on for the win, but wasn't particularly aggressive. Not sure what Lane's deal was. Just never really took the initiative when they were both standing up. Maybe he was just gassed. Pretty disappointing.

reflector
10/13/2012, 12:55 AM
Igor Araujo beat Nic Herron on tonight's episode. I thought the fight deserved a third round. I though Igor won the first round and Nic won the second round. The judges disagreed though.

Boomer.....
10/17/2012, 09:50 AM
I could see a 10-8 decision in the first round by Igor. Although he didn't inflict a lot of damage, he had Nic mounted almost the entire round with him covering his head and not fighting back.

reflector
10/20/2012, 12:39 PM
Colton Smith beat Eddy Ellis on last night's episode. I kind of wanted to see a third round, but Ellis was cut up around the eyes. I am not sure if the doctor's would have allowed the continue. Both guys were cut up if I remember correctly. I am not sure if either will continue into the next round.

ouleaf
10/20/2012, 01:53 PM
Good fight with a lot of exciting moments. I thought Ellis won the first round and Smith won the second. Had it gone to a 3rd i'm pretty confident Smith would have won that round too, so still the same result. Ellis took a lot of damage and was completely gassed. Smith, while also battered, still looked strong at the end of the second and light on his feet. Smith showed he can withstand a good strong KO punch. I think he could be dangerous going forward.

ouleaf
10/29/2012, 06:24 PM
Wow...this most recent fight was really shocking. It was a boring fight, but the refs totally screwed over Secor on a split decision after the 3rd round.

Gotta be up there with the worst decisions I've ever seen.

achiro
10/29/2012, 09:54 PM
3 weeks in a row now for questionable judging. Some boring *** fights too. The refs need to stand them up quicker at times, the idea that a guy can win a fight by just laying on the other guy is lame.

Boomer.....
10/30/2012, 07:24 AM
I can't believe they continue to throw out these horrible decisions. Dana is constantly bitching about it, but he's right: You can't leave it up to the judges.

The preview shows him yelling at the fighters about the horrible fights, so hopefully they step it up.

reflector
10/31/2012, 04:20 PM
I can't believe they continue to throw out these horrible decisions. Dana is constantly bitching about it, but he's right: You can't leave it up to the judges.

The preview shows him yelling at the fighters about the horrible fights, so hopefully they step it up.

I agree.

reflector
11/9/2012, 03:23 PM
The last prelimary fight is tonight. A new round of fights begins next week.

ouleaf
11/10/2012, 05:43 PM
Thought Ricci showed some good striking skills to begin, but other than that a so-so fight. I was expecting better from those two.

Can't stand the red mohawk guy anymore. Guy must be bi-polar or something, because he goes from calm to pissed to trying to pick a fight to crying every week now.

Hope these next round of fights bring some action back.

Boomer.....
11/15/2012, 03:21 PM
Shane Carwin blew out his knee and will not fight Fat Boy Roy Nelson. Injuries are going to kill mma. I know it's part of the sport (training wise) but damn!

reflector
11/15/2012, 05:01 PM
It looks like the next season will be on Wednesdays again.

reflector
11/15/2012, 06:42 PM
Mitrione will fight Nelson now at the The Ultimate Fighter finale.

reflector
11/16/2012, 05:33 PM
I believe there will be two fights on tonight's episode.

reflector
11/30/2012, 03:50 PM
Tonight is Joey Rivera vs. Jon Manley. At least I think that is the fight.

reflector
11/30/2012, 11:05 PM
I was happy to see Hill lose on tonight's episode. That guy bugs me.

reflector
12/7/2012, 10:59 PM
Mike Ricci vs. Colton Smith will fight at the finale. It should be a good fight.

achiro
12/8/2012, 12:26 AM
Mike Ricci vs. Colton Smith will fight at the finale. It should be a good fight.

I am blown away that Colton made it that far. He's proved that all you really have to do to win is hold someone against the fence, get a take down if it presents, hold them on the ground for a while, then run away from them the rest of the match. Dudes fights have all pretty much sucked. Boring as hell.
Ricci is a heck of a fighter though. I was surprised he got such a heavy KO tonight.

ouleaf
12/8/2012, 01:29 PM
Colton Smith is on tough SOB and has great endurance. I really think it helps him stay competitive in every fight. Has he had the most exciting fights, no probably not, but he just seems to win.

Mike Ricci is definitely a more polished fighter. Good striking power and doesn't ever seem to put himself in a bad position.

I think they both have a future in the UFC regardless of who wins. Ricci should win the match though.

Boomer.....
12/17/2012, 11:37 AM
Colton beat Ricci by decision. Ricci couldn't handle Colton's aggressive game plan.

ouleaf
12/17/2012, 12:57 PM
Congrats to Colton Smith on a hell of a win. Just completely smothered Ricci the whole fight. Definitely deserved to win, no doubt about it. He's just one tough dude that will wear his opponent down. Ricci only had one real chance for a submission in the last 30-40 seconds of the final round, but other than that he was pretty well neutralized.

Other good fights on the night too. I forget the guy's name but it was the Russian dude in maybe the 3rd fight. Freaking suplexed his opponent all over the ring. That was awesome. You really don't see that a whole lot in MMA, but he was really effective with it.