PDA

View Full Version : Upsets?

8timechamps
9/13/2012, 09:37 PM
Who's going to fall this weekend that shouldn't?

Does Kansas have a chance in hell of beating TCU? What about Sam Houston over Baylor?

I'm going on a (very shaky) limb, and picking Ole Miss over Texas.

JiuJitsuSooner
9/13/2012, 10:00 PM
I think TCU rolls them big time..

So far my upset picks are:

Rutgers over usf (lookin good they are up by 3)

NC over Lville
Ten over uf
Marshall over Ohio
terps over ucon

redkid
9/13/2012, 10:03 PM
Rutgers helmets look chromanized?lol

CowboyMRW
9/13/2012, 10:04 PM
Furman over Clemson.

Book it

redkid
9/13/2012, 10:08 PM
manginos cousin over the frogs

MamaMia
9/14/2012, 04:09 AM
I'm going to say that Maryland will win over Connecticut and that Arizona State will beat Missouri

ouflak
9/14/2012, 05:54 AM
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. If this is how you guys REALLY feel, then you won't mind putting a little bit of vMoney where your vMouth is here (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?170790-9-15-2012-Big-XII-Football) (Big XII games) or here (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?170789-9-15-College-Football-Top-25-et-al) (Top 25 et al).

SoonerofAlabama
9/14/2012, 06:18 AM
Lghtning strikes twice. ULM beats Auburn.

OUster
9/14/2012, 09:07 AM
I am not 100% on Ole Miss over Texas, but if I were a gambling man, which I am, I would put a little money on Ole' Miss at home against an unproven and still struggling Texas team. 'Texas is trying a power run game because of their young running back studs, but their game is not as good as the fan base believes. Ash still can't throw more than 5 yards accurately. Slow the run, stack the box and take the short pass away, Ole' miss has a really good chance with home field advantage thrown in. Ole' Miss is more inclined to stop a power run game facing the likes of SEC teams. Anyone take the Whorns?

BoulderSooner79
9/14/2012, 10:51 AM
Ole Miss beat UTEP much more easily than we did. The final score was similar, but they led 21-0 at half. So if the horns wallop Ole Miss, it might show what will happen to us if we play as badly as we did against UTEP. Actually, I think we all know how the season will turn out if we play like that again, so nevermind.

cccasooner2
9/14/2012, 10:55 AM
Ole Miss beat UTEP much more easily than we did. The final score was similar, but they led 21-0 at half. So if the horns wallop Ole Miss, it might show what will happen to us if we play as badly as we did against UTEP. Actually, I think we all know how the season will turn out if we play like that again, so nevermind.

Jeffery didn't play vs Miss., not sure why.

Lott's Bandana
9/14/2012, 11:18 AM
James Madison over WVU.

Gawd, I hope I'm vWrong.

<-------------- this zero is speaking very loudly to me!

BoulderSooner79
9/14/2012, 11:21 AM
Jeffery didn't play vs Miss., not sure why.

Was Jeffery that tailback that racked up the yards on us? If so, I'm not too surprised he didn't play. The announcer kept saying he was cramping in our game, but the way they were treating him on the sidelines, it looked more like an injury to me.

8timechamps
9/14/2012, 11:39 AM
Was Jeffery that tailback that racked up the yards on us? If so, I'm not too surprised he didn't play. The announcer kept saying he was cramping in our game, but the way they were treating him on the sidelines, it looked more like an injury to me.

Yep, that's the kid. He was listed as "injured" on the UTEP gameday roster. I'm assuming it was his hip. Don't think the mustard helped.

It would have been interesting to see how UTEP would have played at Ole Miss if he was in the game.

8timechamps
9/14/2012, 11:40 AM
I am not 100% on Ole Miss over Texas, but if I were a gambling man, which I am, I would put a little money on Ole' Miss at home against an unproven and still struggling Texas team. 'Texas is trying a power run game because of their young running back studs, but their game is not as good as the fan base believes. Ash still can't throw more than 5 yards accurately. Slow the run, stack the box and take the short pass away, Ole' miss has a really good chance with home field advantage thrown in. Ole' Miss is more inclined to stop a power run game facing the likes of SEC teams. Anyone take the Whorns?

From everything I'm reading, Ole Miss is considering this the biggest game in Oxford in over a decade. I'm thinking the place is going to be crazy, and I haven't seen a lot from Texas so far.

Scott D
9/14/2012, 11:44 AM
From everything I'm reading, Ole Miss is considering this the biggest game in Oxford in over a decade. I'm thinking the place is going to be crazy, and I haven't seen a lot from Texas so far.

this might explain why Ole Miss has been passed quite easily by Vanderbilt in the mighty SEC.

BoulderSooner79
9/14/2012, 01:18 PM
Yep, that's the kid. He was listed as "injured" on the UTEP gameday roster. I'm assuming it was his hip. Don't think the mustard helped.

It would have been interesting to see how UTEP would have played at Ole Miss if he was in the game.

Ole Miss still scored 21 first half points on offense and totaled ~540 yards for the game.

OU_Sooners75
9/14/2012, 01:32 PM
Upset Alerts (according to me):

ULL @ OSU
ULM @ Auburn
Bethune Cookman @ Miami (FL)
UCONN @ Maryland
Alabama @ Arkansas
UNC @ Louisville
Navy @ Penn State
Texas A&M @ SMU
Florida @ Tennessee
Texas @ Ole Miss
North Texas @ Kansas State (KSU may be looking ahead?)
Arizona State @ Missouri
New Mexico @ Texas Tech
USC @ Stanford
Notre Dame @ Michigan State
BYU @ Utah

Those are the games I think the favored teams will have the toughest time winning. Not saying all, or any, the favored teams will lose.

8timechamps
9/14/2012, 01:37 PM

ULL @ OSU
ULM @ Auburn
UCONN @ Maryland
Alabama @ Arkansas
UNC @ Louisville
Navy @ Penn State
Texas A&M @ SMU
Florida @ Tennessee
Texas @ Ole Miss
Arizona State @ Missouri
New Mexico @ Texas Tech
USC @ Stanford
BYU @ Utah

Those are the games I think the favored teams will have the toughest time winning. Not saying all, or any, the favored teams will lose.

Give me you Upset "locks"....c'mon, go out on a limb.

8timechamps
9/14/2012, 01:39 PM
Ole Miss still scored 21 first half points on offense and totaled ~540 yards for the game.

In no way was I trying to cover for our performance in El Paso. I was/am just interested to see how good UTEP really is, and with their best running back out of that game, I wasn't able to see that.

Over the years, when we've been challenged by an OOC team (that we were favored to blow away), they've sometimes ended up being pretty decent (USU and AFA come to mind).

OU_Sooners75
9/14/2012, 01:41 PM
Give me you Upset "locks"....c'mon, go out on a limb.

Locks are in bold:

ULL @ OSU
ULM @ Auburn
UCONN @ Maryland
Alabama @ Arkansas
UNC @ Louisville
Navy @ Penn State
Texas A&M @ SMU
Florida @ Tennessee
Texas @ Ole Miss
Arizona State @ Missouri
New Mexico @ Texas Tech
USC @ Stanford
BYU @ Utah

OU_Sooners75
9/14/2012, 01:43 PM
In know way was I trying to cover for our performance in El Paso. I was/am just interested to see how good UTEP really is, and with their best running back out of that game, I wasn't able to see that.

Over the years, when we've been challenged by an OOC team (that we were favored to blow away), they've sometimes ended up being pretty decent (USU and AFA come to mind).

2005: TCU....they beat us, lost the next week against SMU, and didnt lose again!

8timechamps
9/14/2012, 01:45 PM
Locks are in bold:

ULL @ OSU
ULM @ Auburn
UCONN @ Maryland
Alabama @ Arkansas
UNC @ Louisville
Navy @ Penn State
Texas A&M @ SMU
Florida @ Tennessee
Texas @ Ole Miss
Arizona State @ Missouri
New Mexico @ Texas Tech
USC @ Stanford
BYU @ Utah

I like it!

I just realized that Florida is a 3 point dog at Tennessee. I hope that game ends up being as good as it's hyped.

tycat947
9/14/2012, 03:03 PM
Who's going to fall this weekend that shouldn't?

Does Kansas have a chance in hell of beating TCU? What about Sam Houston over Baylor?

I'm going on a (very shaky) limb, and picking Ole Miss over Texas.

I hope you're right about Ole Miss and I'd love to see KU jump up and beat TCU but unfortunately, I just don't see it happening. KU is bad and so is Ole Miss.

BoulderSooner79
9/14/2012, 03:03 PM

That '10 when we almost lost to Cincy (maybe should have) and let the horns back in the game after jumping all over them in the 1st half. That was a true "cardiac kids" squad and those games did show that OU was not an elite team. It was a fiesty team and fun to watch, but not a BCS title level contender.

birddog
9/15/2012, 09:15 PM
Arizona st. mizou on deuce. QUICK!!

birddog
9/15/2012, 09:22 PM
mizzou escapes on int in the end zone.

Blue
9/15/2012, 09:34 PM

ULL @ OSU
ULM @ Auburn
UCONN @ Maryland
Alabama @ Arkansas
UNC @ Louisville
Navy @ Penn State
Texas A&M @ SMU
Florida @ Tennessee
Texas @ Ole Miss
Arizona State @ Missouri
New Mexico @ Texas Tech
USC @ Stanford
BYU @ Utah

Way to narrow it down.

edit: shoulda read the whole thread.

Baylor struggling and USC struggling at the moment.

birddog
9/15/2012, 09:41 PM
trees tied with kiffin brand rubbers and dooshes

birddog
9/15/2012, 09:56 PM
tree 21-14

OU_Sooners75
9/15/2012, 10:02 PM
Lol the godsend according to ESPiN to win the heisman is looking average at best!!!

Blue
9/15/2012, 10:14 PM
Good catch, but a push off.

SicEmBaylor
9/15/2012, 10:41 PM
That was closer than I would have liked.

goingoneight
9/15/2012, 10:43 PM
Ash has made some good throws tonight. :/

dennis580
9/15/2012, 11:02 PM
Well it was a great night two top 10 teams went down, and a undefeated OU-ND game in Norman is starting to look more, and more likely. Can you imagine the hype if OU, and ND are undefeated when they meet. Probably be the biggest sporting event ever in Oklahoma bigger then the Thunder NBA Finals games.

OU_Sooners75
9/16/2012, 10:35 AM
Well it was a great night two top 10 teams went down, and a undefeated OU-ND game in Norman is starting to look more, and more likely. Can you imagine the hype if OU, and ND are undefeated when they meet. Probably be the biggest sporting event ever in Oklahoma bigger then the Thunder NBA Finals games.

Yeah, because it would be the first time an undefeated OU would be facing an undefeated top 10 team in Norman!!!

Really? It would be a classic match up but not the best sporting event in Oklahoma.