PDA

View Full Version : Enlighten me?

OUinFLA
9/13/2012, 06:58 PM
First I fully support the nation of Israel. Financially and militarily.
Second. I am totally offened at the radicals burning our flags and storming our embassies in the ME and FE.
Third, I am willing to help developing countries who want to better their way of life by raising their standard of living and promoting democratic principles within their borders, but not at the expense of
American lives.
Fourth I do not agree with forcing our principles on a country where the majority does not want them.

With that said, today I listened to lots of talking heads and congresspersons discussing the amount of aid the US is giving these countries that are rioting against our embassies while the governments do little to protect our representatives stationed there. Many suggested "cut off their aid". "Quit giving them money as it is not doing any good".

I find myself agreeing with that.

The general response is "If we don't, China gladly will".

My response to that is.......... Let China

Then China can deal with the whackos They won't like it any more than we do.

I would still honor my commitment to Israel by parking a Fleet in the Mediterranean and one in the Indian Ocean. And any ME country that wanted to sign a treaty respecting our values and our allies, I would reciprocate with protection for them. Those that did not, I would put on our "unfriendly" list, right up there with Iran and North Korea.

If I had to pay tripple for gas, then so be it, but I am tired of watching my flag be burned, and my diplomats murdered. I want to go out and buy some ME flags and toss them on my bbq pit every time I see them burn one of ours on tv.

Take away our financial aid and see to it that the World Bank doesn't have our support to help them in any way. Once they run out of money, the internal strife might just help them eleminate the problems within.

Maybe then they can become responsible citizens of the world.

Or ...................maybe not

StoopTroup
9/13/2012, 07:24 PM
I wonder what would happen if we all just quit making it front page news and yawned if they would eventually calm down and quit with all this stupid crap.

I know that would be impossible but do we really need to sit around and watch taped reruns of footage of Arab People being Tear Gased and them throwing rocks?

There ought to just be some cameras on the Internet that broadcast pictures like the ones that people watch that have Water Buffalo going for a drink and suddenly a Lion leaps out of nowhere to take down their prey.

Right now these News Channels are putting stuff we have seen over and over on the screen and backing it up with a lot of people who don't know jack squat about what is going on right now.

I think it's making both sides pretty upset. Not that we all aren't justified....it's just that...even if you are an Egyptian Man....you are going to eventually go get some sleep and calm the hell down unless something happens to make things worse?

Or....maybe not....lol

olevetonahill
9/13/2012, 07:36 PM
Heh, My Brother, Sounds to me like you are already enlightened

C&CDean
9/13/2012, 07:38 PM
ok, it's offical, i'm ****ing disturbed...

OUinFLA
9/13/2012, 07:57 PM
are you disturbed because I may not be enlightened?
or because Im asking a bunch of Sooners to enlighten me?

assuming you and I think along similar lines

StoopTroup
9/13/2012, 07:57 PM
I'm over on the Food Channel and some idiot is serving a Rice and Chocolate Sauce with a Lamb Chop(?)....

He's History.

By Chef Vito.

8timechamps
9/13/2012, 09:30 PM
My thinking is falling in line with yours OUinFLA. Along with the concern about China getting involved, there's also the issue of oil. Personally, I think that's the driving factor in all of this. As long as we and our allies in Europe need ME oil, we'll continue to have a presence in that messed up part of the world. I still can't wrap my head around that fact that we are in an economic mess, yet we continue to dole out millions after millions to countries that kill our folks.

yermom
9/13/2012, 10:57 PM
**** 'em all, Israel too.

if some ******* burns an American flag in Buttcrackistan, i don't take it as an action from all of Buttcrackistan. i'm not about to storm Buttcrackistan's embassy because of it.

they are ****ing morons. and if the Jews want to me in the middle of it, fine, just don't ask for my help.

C&CDean
9/14/2012, 07:54 AM
**** 'em all, Israel too.

if some ******* burns an American flag in Buttcrackistan, i don't take it as an action from all of Buttcrackistan. i'm not about to storm Buttcrackistan's embassy because of it.

they are ****ing morons. and if the Jews want to me in the middle of it, fine, just don't ask for my help.

STFU hippy.

Curly Bill
9/14/2012, 08:02 AM
LOL

cleller
9/14/2012, 08:08 AM
Obama should be extremely pissed at Egypt. He personally handed the Muslim Brotherhood $1.5 billion (apparently against the wishes of Congress) in March.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/03/21/obama-bypasses-congress-gives-1-5-billion-to-muslim-brotherhood