PDA

View Full Version : Any info on DJ Ward Top DE recruit

MojoRisen
9/13/2012, 04:10 PM
Was on Rivals, and saw something on him not playing football his Sr. year. Not sure what the deal is, I know he changed schools. Plus side he wont get hurt, but a lot of rust can come from not taking contact for a year...

Hope its nothing major - any info would be appreciated.

colleyvillesooner
9/13/2012, 04:14 PM
http://blog.newsok.com/highschoolsports/2012/09/12/oklahoma-commit-d-j-ward-tweets-about-high-school-college-future-im-not-playing-football-this-year/

Oklahoma Sooners commitment D.J. Ward, a 6-foot-3, 245-pound defensive end, said on Twitter Wednesday night that he won’t be playing football this season.

“So… I’m not playing football this year,” Ward tweeted late Wednesday evening. “(And) I’m thinking about college.”

When asked by a Twitter follower if he still planned to attend OU next year, Ward responded “maybe.”

Rated as the No. 1 recruit in the 2013 recruiting class, Ward has been mired in an eligibility controversy since moving from Lawton to Oklahoma City in July. Ward’s father was hired by the Army to fill a Junior ROTC position at Douglass and the family moved to the metro area.

Ward was initially declared eligible to play at Douglass, though he lived in the Southmoore school district.

He participated in the All-City Preview scrimmages with the Trojans Aug. 24-25, but enrolled at Southmoore the next week. He has not been eligible to play at Southmoore in the first two weeks of the season, waiting to hear a ruling on his hardship waiver request, which is required for any athlete changing schools for a second time in their high school career, regardless of residence.

OSSAA officials could not be reached for comment Wednesday night, but it is possible Ward’s hardship waiver was denied by the staff. If so, he would have the possibility to appeal the decision to the OSSAA Board of Directors as early as their October meeting.

Ward maintained all along that he would have preferred to stay at Lawton, where he had attended since kindergarten, but his parents chose to move him to Oklahoma City. His high school eligibility isn’t expected to impact his college future.

“I’m tired of this,” Ward tweeted. “I didn’t ask for it.

“I’m fine still on track to do big things.”

– Scott Wright, [email protected]

MojoRisen
9/13/2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks, whats up with that maybe crap... Changing schools sucks - but its not like he moved out of state.. Whats up with the Maybe stuff about still going to OU>..

jumperstop
9/13/2012, 05:15 PM
This guy and his family just moved in two houses down from me...last I heard he was still working on getting eligible at Southmoore. On a side not though the house they are renting has the address painted on the street with Longhorn logos on each side. Figured they would have painted over it by now. Maybe that's why it's a maybe still.

8timechamps
9/13/2012, 06:16 PM
Edit: He's still coming to OU, and will enroll early. He was at the FAMU game and has talked with Coach BJW and confirmed he will enroll at OU early.

redkid
9/13/2012, 07:35 PM
This guy and his family just moved in two houses down from me...last I heard he was still working on getting eligible at Southmoore. On a side not though the house they are renting has the address painted on the street with Longhorn logos on each side. Figured they would have painted over it by now. Maybe that's why it's a maybe still.

do some redecorating on the curbs ,,just for the principle of it''tis not right to have filthy pics or graffiti in a neighborhood where children might see it, could possibly result in a life of crime,,,hurry please

jumperstop
9/14/2012, 02:55 PM
do some redecorating on the curbs ,,just for the principle of it''tis not right to have filthy pics or graffiti in a neighborhood where children might see it, could possibly result in a life of crime,,,hurry please

The guy on the other side of them has a burnt orange front door with a giant longhorn on it...right at the entrance to the neighborhood. Jackasses trashin up my neighborhood with their ut stuff...

redkid
9/14/2012, 03:15 PM
The guy on the other side of them has a burnt orange front door with a giant longhorn on it...right at the entrance to the neighborhood. Jackasses trashin up my neighborhood with their ut stuff...
them sumbeeechesssss

KantoSooner
9/17/2012, 11:05 AM
Oh, the humanity!