PDA

View Full Version : The Photos Of The Dead Ambassador Were Gruesome

FaninAma
9/12/2012, 06:23 PM
And judging from the plethoric appearance of his head and neck he appears to have been strangled by hanging or choking. Asphyxiation by smoke inhalation does not give localized redness and tissue congestion of the face and neck. More often the victim appears cyanotic with no swelling of the head and neck. Even in carbon monoxide poisoning the entire body is plethoric(red) not just one local area.

I have seen 3 strangulation victims and they all looked exactly like the photo of the US ambassador.

diverdog
9/12/2012, 06:56 PM
And judging from the plethoric appearance of his head and neck he appears to have been strangled by hanging or choking. Asphyxiation by smoke inhalation does not give localized redness and tissue congestion of the face and neck. More often the victim appears cyanotic with no swelling of the head and neck. Even in carbon monoxide poisoning the entire body is plethoric(red) not just one local area.

I have seen 3 strangulation victims and they all looked exactly like the photo of the US ambassador.

Out of curiosity what do you do for a living?

FaninAma
9/12/2012, 07:18 PM

Currently as a pediatric hospitalist and moonlite in pediatric ERs and urgent cares.

olevetonahill
9/12/2012, 07:20 PM
Where did you see these pics?

sappstuf
9/12/2012, 07:22 PM

I think Drudge has a link..

SouthCarolinaSooner
9/12/2012, 07:26 PM
One (http://i.imgur.com/I3c9z.jpg), two (http://i.imgur.com/tr6T6.jpg), three (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2lanedCEAAN9A4.jpg).

All NSFW, obviously

I saw commentary somewhere that image #1 showed Libyans trying to take the Ambassador to the hospital (too late). Don't really buy that, either way he's already gone by then methinks. Tragedy.

FaninAma
9/12/2012, 07:29 PM
I actually saw them on television......Fox News to be specific.

Also, here as I was trying to affirm my first impression from the television photos.
http://www.infowars.com/was-u-s-ambassador-lynched/

jk the sooner fan
9/12/2012, 07:30 PM
i think its dangerous to make any kind of an M.E.'s opinion - considering those pictures were not professionally taken.......poor lighting, cell phone pics, etc etc

the reality of coloring of the skin could be greatly different than what you're seeing

or it could be exactly what it is.....all the autopsies i've ever been too, i've never seen an M.E. rule on cause of death without doing the standard Y incision, etc etc ...

TheHumanAlphabet
9/12/2012, 07:30 PM
I just got back to the States. How do we lose the ambassador for several hours? Where the **** were the Marines? And why have we not sent bombing missions over there to carpet bomb those ragheads?

jk the sooner fan
9/12/2012, 07:32 PM
re: the marines - the Ambassador was not at the embassy - and i would venture a guess that he's traveled all over that country without an armed Marine squad...from what i've read he was very well liked by the Libyan people and this was not an attack by any faction of the Libyan people/government

FaninAma
9/12/2012, 07:34 PM
i think its dangerous to make any kind of an M.E.'s opinion - considering those pictures were not professionally taken.......poor lighting, cell phone pics, etc etc

the reality of coloring of the skin could be greatly different than what you're seeing

or it could be exactly what it is.....all the autopsies i've ever been too, i've never seen an M.E. rule on cause of death without doing the standard Y incision, etc etc ...

Of course you are right but I usually have some quick impressions that jump to mind when I see a patient's initial appearance. In this case the marked color and edema contrast between the head and neck region and the chest/thorax is startling.

StoopTroup
9/12/2012, 07:35 PM
I've seen some pretty awful car Wreck deaths and some autopsies too.

Considering he was attacked by a mob and there was evidently RPGs shot at the getaway vehicle.....his body doesn't seem to have been desecrated or abused. He does look dead though.

jk the sooner fan
9/12/2012, 07:36 PM
he looks covered in soot - which is consistent with the fire and smoke reports

but then again - anything is possible - what the real facts are over there is anybody's guess

i wasnt trying to discredit you - you've been to medical school, etc etc......just bringing to light that the pictures aren't the greatest

StoopTroup
9/12/2012, 07:37 PM

Agree

diverdog
9/12/2012, 07:40 PM
Currently as a pediatric hospitalist and moonlite in pediatric ERs and urgent cares.

Thanks. I had to look up your job because I have never heard of a pediatric hospitalist. You are doing God's work. Thank you!

I sit on a committee for the Ronald McDonald House in Delaware and I have done some work with the A I duPont Childrens Hospital for fundraising. Children issues are something I really care about and a lot of my volunteer work centers around helping children.

DD

StoopTroup
9/12/2012, 07:42 PM
he looks covered in soot - which is consistent with the fire and smoke reports

but then again - anything is possible - what the real facts are over there is anybody's guess

i wasnt trying to discredit you - you've been to medical school, etc etc......just bringing to light that the pictures aren't the greatest

My Father and uncle were both Head and Neck Surgeons and I grew up watching them both put together gruesome Lectures with slideshows to teach students and resident Doctors and a few times I was able to be in the ER unit and in Surgery and for years they were grooming me to go to Med School. I almost did go. I do sometimes think I should have followed their footsteps but such is life. I'm happy I made the choices I did these days. They are both retired and very happy they aren't spending 10+ hours in a surgical unit trying to save someone's life. It takes a very special person to do what they did.

God Bless those who do it and those who help them get it done.

FaninAma
9/12/2012, 07:43 PM
re: the marines - the Ambassador was not at the embassy - and i would venture a guess that he's traveled all over that country without an armed Marine squad...from what i've read he was very well liked by the Libyan people and this was not an attack by any faction of the Libyan people/government

I think it was a faction of Ghadaffi loyalists or a very radical Islamist group and not representative of most in Libya but we need to look no further than Somalia where the lack of any semblance of civil organization has allowed the rule by warloads. I see a similiar situation developing in Libya although the fact that there is lots of oil in this country will draw some intervention from the West before the country devolves into total chaos.

FaninAma
9/12/2012, 07:50 PM
Diverdog, no need to thank me. What I chose as my profession is no more important than yours or anybody else's. I watch other people do their jobs and I know I could never do what they do because I am not creative or talented enough.

I get to help kids and that is its own reward. Thanks for your kind words, though and thanks for your contribution to the kids and their families who are dealing with very stressful life situations.

SoonerProphet
9/12/2012, 07:50 PM
seems to be reports of an al qaeda group operating in libya.

StoopTroup
9/12/2012, 07:55 PM

That's been floating around since this morning when I started watching all of this. Still there isn't any of them taking credit for it that I know of and that's kind of odd from what some Talking heads and the experts they are using today.

Another thing that just seems weird.

Was watching a show on our Snipers in Iraq and they just couldn't believe that after you saw 100's of your fellow soldiers have their head or Full body mass blown away....they would continue to wear ski masks. Possibly Al-Queda is learning to not take credit and make themselves a target instantly?

diverdog
9/12/2012, 07:58 PM

Fighting these terrorist organizations is like playing whacka mole. You kill one two more pop up. I have a feeling we will be dealing with this for a few decades.

sappstuf
9/12/2012, 07:58 PM
I just got back to the States. How do we lose the ambassador for several hours? Where the **** were the Marines? And why have we not sent bombing missions over there to carpet bomb those ragheads?

The Obama administration apparently decided that Marines were not needed in Libya, even though the same exact place had been hit with an IED in June.... No really.

SoonerProphet
9/12/2012, 08:08 PM
Don't think consulates are the same as embassies, as such they are usually not armed.

SouthCarolinaSooner
9/12/2012, 08:10 PM
Don't think consulates are the same as embassies, as such they are usually not armed.
Obama probably changed that policy, I think under Bush all consulates were fortresses? Can't recall though

FaninAma
9/12/2012, 08:31 PM
I am not an Obama fan at all but on this issue I don't place any blame on him. In fact I agree with those who feel he was dealt a horrible hand in terms of foreign policy.

The foreign policy situation he inherited was worse and more difficult to correct than the economy although the President has been too timid in acting on either.

sappstuf
9/12/2012, 08:36 PM

Incorrect.

You can follow this link and see many countries where there are Marines at the embassy and in separate consulates. For example:

Detachments Within Brazil
AMEMB Brasilia
AMCONGEN Rio de Janeiro
AMCONGEN Sao Paulo

MSG Detachments Within China

American Embassy Beijing
AmConGen Chengdu
AmConGen Guangzhou
AmConGen Hong Kong
AmConGen Shanghai
AmConGen Shenyang

http://www.msg-history.com/detachments.html

sappstuf
9/12/2012, 08:40 PM
I am not an Obama fan at all but on this issue I don't place any blame on him. In fact I agree with those who feel he was dealt a horrible hand in terms of foreign policy. In fact, I think the foreign policy situation he inherited was worse and more difficult to correct than the economy.

Libya is of Obama's own making.. The consulate in question didn't exist just a couple of years ago and had been attacked in the past. Security was obviously inadequate. This squarely falls on the State Department and the Obama administration.

diverdog
9/12/2012, 08:42 PM
This is some good news:

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/libyans-denounce-acts-of-terrorism-slideshow/demonstration-against-killing-u-ambassador-destruction-burning-u-photo-231607763.html

StoopTroup
9/12/2012, 08:43 PM
I find it odd that Netanyahu spent yesterday 9-11-2012 pushing The President on Iran and now that film seems to have no real person and seems to not even be a film and now guys like Rudy Giuliani are on the news telling talking heads that our President is being to lax on Iran and trying to help Romney out of his ill timed Statements.

It seems to me that there is a possibility that just like the Muslims were baited into a reaction over something that seems now to have been manufactured......that some who don't like the President's position on Iran are also manufacturing an event prior to the election.

I smell a turd and it kind of smells like a kosher oven mitt.

http://www.judaicaspecialties.com/image/cache/data/Jidaica_under_20/Under5USD/28275F-250x250.jpg

FaninAma
9/12/2012, 08:49 PM
Libya is of Obama's own making.. The consulate in question didn't exist just a couple of years ago and had been attacked in the past. Security was obviously inadequate. This squarely falls on the State Department and the Obama administration.

Point taken but I wonder if the ambassador had any input on security at the embassy and felt comfortable without lots of military personnel. Perhaps he was trying to foster an environment of trust and openess. In retrospect it was an error in judgement by somebody.

StoopTroup
9/12/2012, 08:52 PM

Like I said in an earlier post....this incident might change some protocol regarding safety in our embassies and consulates. Some of the folks who knew Ambassador Stephens say he was a guy that liked to travel the streets when in Libya. Given 9-11-2012 and now the intentional attempt to infuriate followers of the Muslim Religion....it surely seems possible that Ambassador Stephens possibly made a mistake leaving the Embassy and moving to the Consulate in Benghazi.

He was fluent in Arabic and a very experienced and qualified person for the position and surely knew the risks that he faced within Libya.

It surely seems that it would be possible that he was the kind of guy that felt extra Security made him more of a target than a friend of the Libyan People?

FaninAma
9/12/2012, 08:56 PM
I find it odd that Netanyahu spent yesterday 9-11-2012 pushing The President on Iran and now that film seems to have no real person and seems to not even be a film and now guys like Rudy Giuliani are on the news telling talking heads that our President is being to lax on Iran and trying to help Romney out of his ill timed Statements.

It seems to me that there is a possibility that just like the Muslims were baited into a reaction over something that seems now to have been manufactured......that some who don't like the President's position on Iran are also manufacturing an event prior to the election.

I smell a turd and it kind of smells like a kosher oven mitt.

http://www.judaicaspecialties.com/image/cache/data/Jidaica_under_20/Under5USD/28275F-250x250.jpg

Hopefully this bridge will be crossed after the election and Obama will be less apt to buckle under the pressure of the interventionists.

Unless China and Russia are on board it won't happen, either.

soonercruiser
9/12/2012, 08:59 PM

Good observations Fanin!
Was good for Diver to reverse course.

I expect the WH to "officially accept some benign excuse for the death, inluding the one about "trying to get him to the hospital"!
:torn:

sappstuf
9/12/2012, 08:59 PM
Like I said in an earlier post....this incident might change some protocol regarding safety in our embassies and consulates. Some of the folks who knew Ambassador Stephens say he was a guy that liked to travel the streets when in Libya. Given 9-11-2012 and now the intentional attempt to infuriate followers of the Muslim Religion....it surely seems possible that Ambassador Stephens possibly made a mistake leaving the Embassy and moving to the Consulate in Benghazi.

He was fluent in Arabic and a very experienced and qualified person for the position and surely knew the risks that he faced within Libya.

It surely seems that it would be possible that he was the kind of guy that felt extra Security made him more of a target than a friend of the Libyan People?

I doubt the protocols need changing.. Just need to be followed.

soonercruiser
9/12/2012, 09:03 PM

Alphabet!
I believe that the facility was only a Consulate, which in many countries is merely a fancy house, maybe with some body guards.

Sooner5030
9/12/2012, 09:14 PM
very bad day......this is also pretty rare.....regardless I feel for those families being notified or those that will be notified shortly.

The world is a changing place

-increased information flow - both misleading and controlled...or both
-changing governments and gaps in intervention or capability that had previously been provided
-changing demographics
-unstable currencies
-rising prices on food in most of the world

Not a good time to be Merikan in certain places. All that frustration focused on one boogy man.

diverdog
9/12/2012, 09:15 PM
Good observations Fanin!
Was good for Diver to reverse course.

I expect the WH to "officially accept some benign excuse for the death, inluding the one about "trying to get him to the hospital"!
:torn:

What did I reverse course on?

StoopTroup
9/12/2012, 09:22 PM
What did I reverse course on?

Whatever he thinks you reversed course on.

AlboSooner
9/12/2012, 09:52 PM
I expect a forceful, lethal, and quick response from the armed forces of these United States.
This cannot be tolerated.