PDA

View Full Version : iPhone5 is announced

nighttrain12
9/12/2012, 01:36 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/apple-finally-reveals-iphone-5-173544174.html?_esi=1

Santa,

I want one and also the new iPod Touch.

Curly Bill
9/12/2012, 01:39 PM
Got an iPhone 4-S not quite a year ago. It's gonna have to do for another year or so.

rock on sooner
9/12/2012, 01:47 PM
Wonder how long it'll take the techies to find some small
problem like they did with the 4-S...

Wishboned
9/12/2012, 01:49 PM
I was hoping for a 128gb version. Maybe next year.

nighttrain12
9/12/2012, 01:56 PM
If you missed the online presentation (even Al Gore and the Foo Fighters were there in person!), you can find the information at:

http://www.apple.com/

http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare-iphones/

http://www.apple.com/ipod/compare-ipod-models/

8timechamps
9/12/2012, 02:15 PM
At last, a larger display. I'm still liking the Galaxy S III, but I may have to check it out.

StoopTroup
9/12/2012, 03:17 PM
At last, a larger display. I'm still liking the Galaxy S III, but I may have to check it out.

Yup. I'm out.

Steve Jobs has passed and I don't think there is anyone left at Apple that has his insight and vision.

Android Platform looks like the future now. It could change but I don't have much faith that it will.

8timechamps
9/12/2012, 03:26 PM
Yup. I'm out.

Steve Jobs has passed and I don't think there is anyone left at Apple that has his insight and vision.

Android Platform looks like the future now. It could change but I don't have much faith that it will.

Interesting take. You're not alone in thinking that, there are several analysts on Wall Street that would agree with you.

The thing that Apple has going for it is brand loyalty. Right now, there isn't another phone maker with the following of Apple. Samsung is closing the gap, but it's got a long way to go. Apple is pinning a lot on their upcoming smart TV. If that fails, Apple could be coming back to the pack.

Lott's Bandana
9/12/2012, 03:34 PM
"Backside Illumination Sensor"

That made me laugh.

Lott's Bandana
9/12/2012, 03:37 PM
Uh oh.

It has a new type of connector, rendering my 8 chargers and USB connectors useless.

Even though it is bigger, it weighs less. I'm going to have to heft one before I commit. This would be my 4th model.

MamaMia
9/12/2012, 03:46 PM
I've had every version of iPhone. I use to let the kids play with my phones but after losing one, having to replace the covers and finding them laying all over the place, with downloads on them that I didn't want or need, I don't allow anyone to touch my cell phones. My husband isn't a big fan of cell phones, or phones in general. He says he has to talk on the phone enough at work, so unless he is actually mobile, or one of us is away from the house, you wont see him with a phone. Now I take very good care of my phones, so I always get the new versions and he gets my hand me downs. I just got the 4 S in March, so I'll use his upgrade with AT&T to get me a 5.

yermom
9/12/2012, 04:34 PM
Uh oh.

It has a new type of connector, rendering my 8 chargers and USB connectors useless.

Even though it is bigger, it weighs less. I'm going to have to heft one before I commit. This would be my 4th model.

but there is an adapter you can buy!

StoopTroup
9/12/2012, 06:46 PM
Interesting take. You're not alone in thinking that, there are several analysts on Wall Street that would agree with you.

The thing that Apple has going for it is brand loyalty. Right now, there isn't another phone maker with the following of Apple. Samsung is closing the gap, but it's got a long way to go. Apple is pinning a lot on their upcoming smart TV. If that fails, Apple could be coming back to the pack.

It's just a feeling. I never really was a Mac Supporter but I loved what they did with the IPhone and IPODs. It took a little time to change the way I thought about Apps but eventually Jobs had me as a Customer and believer. Now that he's gone....I just have my concerns that it all ended when he passed away.

nighttrain12
9/12/2012, 07:12 PM
but there is an adapter you can buy!

They include (one)free adapter with the phone you buy. I found out I am going to have to pay a hefty early termination fee if I want to upgrade to the iPhone5 now so I'll be waiting about 6 months before I do that.

CowboyMRW
9/12/2012, 08:18 PM
Can't wait to get back to the office. Our work ordered them for the managers. Excited to get mine when they come in

bluedogok
9/12/2012, 10:08 PM
My contract is up in a month and I am tired of the Droid Incredible that I got to replace my iPhone 3G when I switched from AT&T to Verizon, two months before Verizon got the iPhone. There are too many quirky things about the Droid platform that I don't like, would rather go back to an iPhone. The only other Apple products that I have are a 160gb Classic and a 16gb Nano, I would like an iPad, maybe sometime. I have no interest in Macs, they don't run the software I use daily and I have very few problems with Windows computers.

cleller
9/12/2012, 10:09 PM
For all the attention it gets, you'd think the Iphone could raise your kids. Surely, some people spend much more time with their Iphone.

Ton Loc
9/12/2012, 10:16 PM
Only Apple can get away with giving their "customers" things that have been available for months to people outside the iphone clan and claim it as new and innovative (4" screen, LTE, Siri etc). Their products are fine but their marketing is incredible.

Boomer.....
9/13/2012, 07:27 AM
I switched from a 3G to a HTC andriod because of the 4G. I think I'm going to get the 5 once I'm eligible for an upgrade.

achiro
9/13/2012, 08:29 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/apple-finally-reveals-iphone-5-173544174.html?_esi=1

Santa,

I want one and also the new iPod Touch.
Just curious what a touch has that you wouldn't already have with the iPhone?

sooneron
9/13/2012, 08:52 AM
My wife can't wait to toss her Droid. Now she's going to have me out-teched with her ipad 2 and iphone5. At least, I'll have my new camera to fondle... in December!

Lott's Bandana
9/13/2012, 11:09 AM
They include (one)free adapter with the phone you buy. I found out I am going to have to pay a hefty early termination fee if I want to upgrade to the iPhone5 now so I'll be waiting about 6 months before I do that.

Me too.

AT&T is making a big boo-boo here, IMO.

StoopTroup
9/13/2012, 12:24 PM
I'm dumping AT&T and have a new HTC Wildfire. It's going to take some getting used to but so far so good. No Contract phone text and internet for $49.00 a month. 4G service too.

achiro
9/13/2012, 04:14 PM
Verizon just announced that you will get to pay full price for the phone($649 for 16GB) if you want to grandfather in your current unlimited data plans.
AT&T will grandfather you in as long as you are eligible for a new phone.

jumperstop
9/13/2012, 05:06 PM
My contract is up in a month and I am tired of the Droid Incredible that I got to replace my iPhone 3G when I switched from AT&T to Verizon, two months before Verizon got the iPhone. There are too many quirky things about the Droid platform that I don't like, would rather go back to an iPhone. The only other Apple products that I have are a 160gb Classic and a 16gb Nano, I would like an iPad, maybe sometime. I have no interest in Macs, they don't run the software I use daily and I have very few problems with Windows computers.

This is the sentiment I hate. Do people realize that there is a big range of differences in "android phones"? There are 100s of phones that run android, where there is only one phone that runs the apple market. The droid incredible probably sucks, but if you got the GS3 it'd be comparable to the iphone or even better. I just don't see how people can compare two phones that are nothing alike. It's like comparing a corvette(if chevy only made corvettes) to a dodge dart, when you could be comparing it to a viper...

8timechamps
9/13/2012, 05:46 PM
Verizon just announced that you will get to pay full price for the phone($649 for 16GB) if you want to grandfather in your current unlimited data plans.
AT&T will grandfather you in as long as you are eligible for a new phone.

There's been talk that AT&T will stop subsidizing the iPhone too. Now that Verizon isn't, I bet AT&T won't be far behind.

hawaii 5-0
9/14/2012, 01:16 AM
I want to personally thank everyone who buys an IPhone or Apple product.

Money well spent.

Ka---Ching !!!!!!!!!!

5-0

StoopTroup
9/14/2012, 02:18 AM
AT&T will grandfather you in as long as you are eligible for a new phone.I've bought two IPhones and a couple other type phones with my time with AT&T. With three people and soon 4 in the family with phones the most I will ever pay again is $49 per month each. Sure I'll have to get some phones one day but I can use both my IPhones since my contract is up and the new HTC and once some incentives come in from my new provider I can buy the 4th one with zero cost out of pocket and down the road if things go well, the plan will not only be free for all 4 phones every month, I'll possibly make a little money from it.

I don't see Verizon, AT&T or Wally World trying that.

MamaMia
9/19/2012, 12:42 PM
I want to personally thank everyone who buys an IPhone or Apple product.

Money well spent.

Ka---Ching !!!!!!!!!!

5-0

I agree. At work and home, we have everything AT&T, Apple, iPhones...never had an issue that wasn't taken care of right away. Great service. I even think Direct TV is in the AT&T family, isn't it?