PDA

View Full Version : The team NEEDS this bye week to prep for KSU... but it feels like...

soonerboy_odanorth
9/11/2012, 10:01 PM
bleepin' Summer Sports Abyss all over again waiting for Sooners football to get cranked back up.

And have you seen the slate this weekend? UGH!

Lil' Piggies v. Bama and Meatchicken Aggie v. Domers

.... and that's... about... it.

SoonerOX
9/12/2012, 02:15 AM
yep, we need this bye week. But I do hate bye weeks this early in the season.

WA. Sooner
9/12/2012, 04:11 AM
Then bye again after ksu.

cleller
9/12/2012, 08:23 AM
In a perverse way, I like bye weeks. No butterflies, a chance to see some different teams, easier to get to sleep.

85sooners
9/12/2012, 10:10 AM
Boomer!!!

BoulderSooner79
9/12/2012, 10:11 AM
An early bye week like this lets me get outside and enjoy the late summer weekend. I see a 75 mile bike ride in my future on Saturday...

OUster
9/12/2012, 10:18 AM
Agreed, I don't like having so many questions about this team and waiting for another WHOLE week to find out the answers. Nice break for the team, but it may end up killing me! Why didn't they take me into consideration when coming up with the schedule?

badger
9/12/2012, 10:53 AM
I'm going to a wedding.

PS: Don't you EVER schedule a wedding during a Sooner football weekend. Don't let your future wife do it, don't let your future in-laws do it, don't let your some know-it-all con you into thinking "Well, everyone will be in-state anyway, so they can come over for the wedding and we can watch it together during the reception!"

NO, no no no nonononononononononono

SOFSooner
9/12/2012, 11:03 AM
My sister and her husband made a planning mistake on their wedding, they got married on the day of the OU-Nebraska game. This was way back in 1973 when this game always had a direct impact on the national championship. It was a Catholic ceremony and we had a priest signalling the score from a room behind the alter. Needless to say that the reception was conducted around a television set. My brother-in-laws parents did not understand the importance of the game, they were from New York. I still remind them not to plan anything during OU football.

FirstandGoal
9/12/2012, 11:22 AM
I love/hate bye weeks.

Yeah, it will be nice to have this downtime to get some of our boys back on defense and game plan for purple kitten, but here it all just started and now we're having a delay.
Its kinda like going on a much anticipated vacation and your departure flight has been delayed and you're just kinda sitting on the tarmac waiting for the whole thing to just get started already.

Oh well, at least the weather will be nice so I can do some things outside.

OU_Sooners75
9/12/2012, 11:29 AM
I'm going to a wedding.

PS: Don't you EVER schedule a wedding during a Sooner football weekend. Don't let your future wife do it, don't let your future in-laws do it, don't let your some know-it-all con you into thinking "Well, everyone will be in-state anyway, so they can come over for the wedding and we can watch it together during the reception!"

NO, no no no nonononononononononono

What if you plan on getting married just outside the stadium?

BoulderSooner79
9/12/2012, 11:40 AM
What if you plan on getting married just outside the stadium?

Then the half-time honeymoon has to be in the stadium since they won't let you leave and reenter.

goingoneight
9/12/2012, 11:55 AM
Part of me wants to see further Arky embarrassment as a real time thumps them orange-headed stepchild style... but a bigger part of me would like to see that craptastic Arky team beat Alabama.

badger
9/12/2012, 12:21 PM
Then the half-time honeymoon has to be in the stadium since they won't let you leave and reenter.

http://www.soonerfans.com/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.png

8timechamps
9/12/2012, 01:59 PM
The next three weekends are going to be tough. Bye, KSU, Bye. I'm glad we have a bye this week and before Tech, but soonerboy_odanorth is right, it feels a little like waiting on the season to start.

The upside is that once these bye weeks are done, there's a lot of football ahead. The downside is that I have no excuse to why I can't get stuff done two of the next three Saturdays.

dennis580
9/12/2012, 11:42 PM
Yea i dont think we could have asked for a more perfect schedule to open the season. UTEP, and Florida A&M then a bye then K. St at home, and then another bye. Hopefully everything is fixed after the 2nd bye, and we are a well oiled machine.

BoulderSooner79
9/24/2012, 05:17 PM
Yea i dont think we could have asked for a more perfect schedule to open the season. UTEP, and Florida A&M then a bye then K. St at home, and then another bye. Hopefully everything is fixed after the 2nd bye, and we are a well oiled machine.

Bump.

If we had 2 bye weeks and then KSU, we would have been a well oiled machine. The scheduling gods killed us.

But Stoops has never lost on the road after a bye week that follows a home loss to a ranked team. Look it up Tech fans.

;)