PDA

View Full Version : Our Marine Embassy Guards have real bullets...don't they?

ouwasp
9/11/2012, 05:53 PM
So why don't they use them? To stop the rag heads, not "warn" them? Didn't we learn anything in '79?

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/11/warning-shots-fired-as-cairo-protesters-storm-u-s-embassy-walls/

ouwasp
9/11/2012, 05:57 PM
feel free to move this thread to Obamafest if you want...

usmc-sooner
9/11/2012, 06:00 PM
I didn't see anything about the Marines in that article it said Army. We always had real bullets when I was in the Marines.

olevetonahill
9/11/2012, 06:18 PM
I didn't see anything about the Marines in that article it said Army. We always had real bullets when I was in the Marines.

They talkin about Egyptian Army

Egyptian police and army personnel have since formed defensive lines around the facility in an effort to prevent the demonstrators from advancing farther, but not before the protesters affixed their standard atop the embassy.

Blue
9/11/2012, 08:17 PM
So glad we helped out the freedom loving people of Egypt and Libya. I love seeing our embassies and consulates burn.

rock on sooner
9/11/2012, 08:20 PM

US marines are charged with embassy and consulate duty, my guess
is that they just followed orders. Proly ifn ya asked em they'd say
"Let me just shoot the mfers".

olevetonahill
9/12/2012, 05:40 AM
So they have Now Killed our Ambassador to Libya . What ****in movie are these freaks bitchin about ?
http://news.yahoo.com/american-killed-libya-protest-over-film-030047940.html

http://news.yahoo.com/u-ambassador-libya-three-staff-killed-rocket-attack-091505030.html

swardboy
9/12/2012, 07:06 AM
....and our state department apologizes for offending the muslims.

olevetonahill
9/12/2012, 07:11 AM

Hell Im sorry we offended em My self. Im really sorry we aint bombed em Way back past the stone age

Curly Bill
9/12/2012, 07:28 AM
Somebody should tell em we elected one of their own as our POTUS. That should calm em down.

olevetonahill
9/12/2012, 07:31 AM
Somebody should tell em we elected one of their own as our POTUS. That should calm em down.

http://twistedsifter.sifter.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/guinness-brilliant.jpg

tator
9/12/2012, 09:07 AM
So they have Now Killed our Ambassador to Libya . What ****in movie are these freaks bitchin about ?
http://news.yahoo.com/american-killed-libya-protest-over-film-030047940.html

http://news.yahoo.com/u-ambassador-libya-three-staff-killed-rocket-attack-091505030.html

Sam Bacile, a 56-year-old California real estate developer who identifies himself as an Israeli Jew and who said he produced, directed and wrote the two-hour film, "Innocence of Muslims," said he had not anticipated such a furious reaction.

That's from the first article you linked.

tator
9/12/2012, 09:08 AM
From first article:

"This is a very simple reaction to harming our prophet," said another, bearded young protester, Abdel-Hamid Ibrahim.

We're all smart enough to figure out it's a reaction, the question is why you're reacting to the wrong people, dumbass.

olevetonahill
9/12/2012, 09:11 AM
That's from the first article you linked.

I really never went that indepth on it. I have never heard of this "Movie" until now. Seems if they hate it so much why raise so much hell over it and bring it to the worlds attention ?

tator
9/12/2012, 09:14 AM
I really never went that indepth on it. I have never heard of this "Movie" until now. Seems if they hate it so much why raise so much hell over it and bring it to the worlds attention ?

Agree on all points.

Specifically the point about them hurting their own cause.

-Movie: Muslims are violent and unreasonable
-Muslim protesters: RAWR! No we're not! Let's storm an embassy and kill an ambassador in reaction!

SoonerTerry
9/12/2012, 09:44 AM
Hell Im sorry we offended em My self. Im really sorry we aint bombed em Way back past the stone age
that aint much of a jump

olevetonahill
9/12/2012, 09:56 AM
that aint much of a jump

I know, But I couldnt think of any thing worse

olevetonahill
9/12/2012, 10:18 AM
Ok heres an article describin that Film
Like I said if the idiots had just STFU about it Very few would have ever heard of it

The Article calls it a " Low quality film"
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/innocence-muslims-film-sparked-deadly-u-embassy-attacks-142118931.html

FaninAma
9/12/2012, 10:32 AM

I was undecided for a long time but I finaaly gave in to the mountain of evidence that muslims are bat**** crazy.

BTW, we really shouldn't be in the region. If the Shiites and the Sunni's want to annilhate each other I think they should be given that freedom.

Curly Bill
9/12/2012, 10:46 AM
Ok heres an article describin that Film
Like I said if the idiots had just STFU about it Very few would have ever heard of it

The Article calls it a " Low quality film"
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/innocence-muslims-film-sparked-deadly-u-embassy-attacks-142118931.html

They just needed an excuse to raise hell, and this provided it - they don't think in a rational manner.

rock on sooner
9/12/2012, 11:49 AM

FWIW, State Dept apologized in Cairo BEFORE all the protests, tried to
diffuse what was clearly a volatile situation, all prolly egged on by
Qhadaffi sympathizers....reports say that about 20 or so armed militants
stormed the Consulate..they are saying those 20 are being hunted by
the Libyans....FWIW..

okie52
9/12/2012, 12:50 PM
FWIW, State Dept apologized in Cairo BEFORE all the protests, tried to
diffuse what was clearly a volatile situation, all prolly egged on by
Qhadaffi sympathizers....reports say that about 20 or so armed militants
stormed the Consulate..they are saying those 20 are being hunted by
the Libyans....FWIW..

More likely they were Al Queda members that were liberated by Obama.

cleller
9/12/2012, 01:04 PM
Its funny. People used to be afraid of upsetting Americans. Till we let our news people and some (not all-at least not here) of our educators convince us that being soft and lazy daisies was the proper way.

rock on sooner
9/12/2012, 01:17 PM
More likely they were Al Queda members that were liberated by Obama.

I vaguely remember a report that said at least a few of
those released were back "in the fight" but they were
thought to be in Pakistan and Afghanistan, but, hell, it
could be them.

8timechamps
9/12/2012, 02:29 PM
Yes, Marines on embassy duty have real bullets. They also keep a cache of light weapons. However, firing a weapon into a crowd is probably the last thing an embassy Marine would do, and only if ordered. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe all State Department personnel were evacuated from the Egyptian embassy, so I'm not sure the Marines were still there. Also, there's not a company of Marines stationed at the embassy. It's usually 6-8, depending on the situation.

What I would like to know, if there was enough information out there to order an early evac of the Egyptian embassy, is why wasn't the entire region under the same order? Seems crazy that the Libyan embassy wasn't on the same alert.

StoopTroup
9/12/2012, 03:12 PM
It's to bad Romney isn't able to fly in for the rescue.

What the hell is Chuck Norris doing? Making another Total Gym Commercial?

StoopTroup
9/12/2012, 03:14 PM
Yes, Marines on embassy duty have real bullets. They also keep a cache of light weapons. However, firing a weapon into a crowd is probably the last thing an embassy Marine would do, and only if ordered. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe all State Department personnel were evacuated from the Egyptian embassy, so I'm not sure the Marines were still there. Also, there's not a company of Marines stationed at the embassy. It's usually 6-8, depending on the situation.

What I would like to know, if there was enough information out there to order an early evac of the Egyptian embassy, is why wasn't the entire region under the same order? Seems crazy that the Libyan embassy wasn't on the same alert.

I don't think they knew that whack job preacher would light up the internet the day before 9-11-2012. The Movie he used to get them upset with has been out since June I think.

8timechamps
9/12/2012, 03:23 PM
I don't think they knew that whack job preacher would light up the internet the day before 9-11-2012. The Movie he used to get them upset with has been out since June I think.

There was an alert sent out to the embassy in Egypt. That's why they evacuated. So, they must have had some intel on the group in Egypt. Maybe the group in Libya was under the radar.

ouwasp
9/12/2012, 03:33 PM
Well, if these ****-hole countries are worth having embassies in, the US personnel are worthy of protection. Put a bunch of marines on the walls with shoot to kill orders.

If the hothead mooslems are so dead set on becoming martyrs, we should oblige them. From their perverted mindset, they would probably even welcome this action.

soonerloyal
9/12/2012, 04:12 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/PavlovsDog1.jpg

StoopTroup
9/12/2012, 04:22 PM
There was an alert sent out to the embassy in Egypt. That's why they evacuated. So, they must have had some intel on the group in Egypt. Maybe the group in Libya was under the radar.
Yeah...I'm taking the Kids to piano right now but the last I heard questions as to why Stephens didn't vamos are being asked. Maybe this is going to end up being one of those situations where new protocol will need to be taught and security provided whether an Ambassador wants it or not.

Time will tell I guess.

rock on sooner
9/12/2012, 04:24 PM

8x, you're right on. Marine Security Detachment Group numbers approx 1000
for approx 150 posts. Each post is commanded by an enlisted Marine, usually
a Master Gunnery Sgt. Gunny is E9, I think, and will have four to six in his
detachment, usually one more non com and the rest will be lower rank. As a
rule, it is choice duty. Some places, obviously, not so choice...

8timechamps
9/12/2012, 04:30 PM
8x, you're right on. Marine Security Detachment Group numbers approx 1000
for approx 150 posts. Each post is commanded by an enlisted Marine, usually
a Master Gunnery Sgt. Gunny is E9, I think, and will have four to six in his
detachment, usually one more non com and the rest will be lower rank. As a
rule, it is choice duty. Some places, obviously, not so choice...

I wanted to join the MCESG, but I was married. No joy.

Breadburner
9/12/2012, 05:19 PM
Way to go Obama.....!!!

jk the sooner fan
9/12/2012, 05:25 PM
this didnt happen at the embassy - this happened at a Consulate in another city from where the actual embassy is located

and from the looks of the pictures - the Consulate was a house.....without much security

i think i ready the Amb left the embassy and went to the consulate believing it was safer........ :/

StoopTroup
9/12/2012, 06:40 PM
Now this Sam Bacile may be a made up name and the Movie that was supposedly made is maybe just a Trailer and the whole story about there being a 5 million dollar budget and 100 Jewish donors may be just a bunch of malarkey. Per a story on Fox's Shepard Smith nightly Show.