PDA

View Full Version : No More Bugler for Vet Funerals in NY

soonercruiser
9/10/2012, 09:18 PM
As promised....after I put my foot in my mouse a week ago....I will only pass along military cuts info from credible military sites.

It seems that NY can find plenty of $$ for liberal causes and the food and nutrition police in NYC.....but decresed veterans families will not have "Taps" played by a real bugler in the state of NY.

TRICARE | Military Pay | Discounts | GI Bill Calculator | Military Transition

No More 'Taps' in New York State

Week of September 10, 2012

Stars and Stripes reports that because of budget cuts, New York State as of Oct. 1 will no longer hire musicians to play "Taps" on trumpets or bugles at the more than 300 military funerals per month staffed by New York's Military Forces Honor Guard units. Federal funding pays for a three-member funeral detail to attend military funerals: two active-duty National Guard troops and a bugler. The funding cuts only apply to the bugler. To attempt to find a live bugler for funerals, visit the Bugles Across America website.

http://www.military.com/military-report/no-more-taps-in-new-york-state?ESRC=miltrep.nl

For more on burial benefits, visit the Military.com Memorial and Burial section.

But, don't worry, Sandra Fluck is only increasing her contraceptive use by 10% this year.
:cower:

SicEmBaylor
9/10/2012, 09:30 PM
My grandfather fought with the 1st Cav. in WWII. He was a decorated silver and bronze star medalist and also had a purple heart. He died in 2001, and we couldn't get the Oklahoma National Guard to send an honor guard to his burial. This was in Oklahoma no less... Thankfully, the VFW came and did a wonderful job.

My point is, I don't think this is all that unusual.