PDA

View Full Version : Local OK brews

yankee
9/10/2012, 06:36 PM
What are some of your Okie favorites? I'm a big fan of supporting small breweries and the majority of my favorite beers come from these small breweries, whether they're in Oklahoma, Texas, or wherever.

COOP- I've enjoyed a few COOP brews myself, most notably DNR, Native Amber, and the Horny Toad Cerveza. A couple of DNR's on tap at BJ's and I'm feeling pretty damn good.

Brewhouse- Two wildly contrasting experiences with these beers, both times at the Library in Norman. The first time, I was mildly surprised as I had their wheat and pilz and they were pretty solid. Second time I go back to the Library, and I could barely choke one down as it was essentially beer flavored water. Anyone know if it's normally like that? I wanted to take advantage of $2 pints, but if the beers are that watery then I'll stick with something else.

Mustang Brewing- Only had their Golden Ale and I liked it. Want to get into a few more of theirs.

mojorisen2014
9/10/2012, 08:11 PM
I can tell you one thing. I went to the Sooner Club tailgate this past weekend and some booth was set up on the eastend that had some locally brewed beer that tasted like skunk ****. By far crappiest beer I have ever had. I wish i could remember the name of the beer so i can avoid it at all cost.

olevetonahill
9/10/2012, 08:36 PM
Choc Beer, Brewed in Krebs
Good stuff

Boomer.....
9/11/2012, 07:32 AM
My wives favorite beer is Mustang Wa****a Wheat.

Breadburner
9/11/2012, 07:36 AM
My wives favorite beer is Mustang Wa****a Wheat.

You Mormon....???

Boomer.....
9/11/2012, 08:23 AM
You Mormon....???

Heh.

wife's

KantoSooner
9/11/2012, 10:02 AM
Marshall brewing in Tulsa has some pretty fair beers.

And I second Vet's vote in favor of Choc. In fact, if you've never been there, you should go to Krebs for the beers, for Pete's and to pick up olives, cheese and sausage at Lovera's. Such a gem, everyone in the state should support them.

SoonerBBall
9/11/2012, 12:39 PM
The best IPA I've ever had is the Coop F5, but I've never been able to find it for sale in the liquor store. It is apparently only available to bars. Damn shame, too, as I would buy a lot of it to drink at home during games.