PDA

View Full Version : Why the official game thread is so great:

colleyvillesooner
9/10/2012, 04:31 PM
Stuff like this:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?170634-Official-Game-Thread-Florida-A-amp-M-versus-OU&p=3508686&viewfull=1#post3508686

If Stills is the best we got this year then we're screwed. That was probably the worst effort by a Sooner player i've seen since the Blake era.

C&CDean
9/10/2012, 04:35 PM
If by "great" you mean a bunch of retarded ****wads gnashing their teeth and wringing their damp vaginas then yeah, it's great.

8timechamps
9/10/2012, 05:03 PM
No, no, NO! This was the best post of that thread:

My god we block nobody on punt returns

Great analysis!

jk the sooner fan
9/10/2012, 05:15 PM
i dont know

a. how you pay attention to the damn game on the TV when and keep up with the game thread

b. how you keep up with even half the posts in a game thread

c. how anybody goes back and re-reads all of it and makes any sense of it

C&CDean
9/10/2012, 05:19 PM
d. why anybody gets so bent out of shape over a single football play

StoopTroup
9/10/2012, 05:19 PM
A) Not everyone can do it
B) Scanning can be done but like with A....not everyone can do it
C) I agree. You have to have been there IMO to have at least the idea or sense of what was going on then and even so....why?

jk the sooner fan
9/10/2012, 05:20 PM

i dunno- i got pretty bent out of shape by a single football play once

see, we were in the Superdome in New Orleans - we were playing LSU for a National Championship.......Kejuan Jones is WIDE THE EFF OPEN in the end zone and Jason White over throws him - by like one step

painful......i lamented over that one pretty bad

jk the sooner fan
9/10/2012, 05:21 PM
A) Not everyone can do it

so it's like talking to the dead or having ESP - only people with special talents can do it?

StoopTroup
9/10/2012, 05:21 PM

No idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1eek1IXs_jU

C&CDean
9/10/2012, 05:22 PM

see, we were in the Superdome in New Orleans - we were playing LSU for a National Championship.......Kejuan Jones is WIDE THE EFF OPEN in the end zone and Jason White over throws him - by like one step

Well...yeah, but we're talking 30-seconds into a game with effing UTEP and it's "gawdamighty landry you ****ing faggot you suck" and we're still on defense.

jk the sooner fan
9/10/2012, 05:23 PM
oh yeah - i see the difference there

i'm still of the belief that the 930 start had 90% of the sucky play at El Paso.....hard to maintain the first game adrenalin all friggin day.......UTEP was only able to maintain their craziness for one quarter and then chilled pretty good - cept their RB

C&CDean
9/10/2012, 05:24 PM
yeah then he couldn't cut the mustard anymore...

StoopTroup
9/10/2012, 05:28 PM
I think seeing Belldozer on the first series or the FAMU Game shows just what a bad idea using that scheme is and that the trust that even at least one of the Coaches have in our offense getting two yards on a Defense when they just got 8 in two plays...

Well....hopefully they will learn to have a bit more trust in our ability to get short yards by using Blocking and a Running Back or passing and a 5th year Senior QB.

jdd12
9/10/2012, 07:28 PM
LOL...wtf. I can't wait for Bell to try that in the Belldozer.

StoopTroup
9/10/2012, 07:42 PM
I thought Blake looked pretty good in the 4th qtr when they let him run the offense instead of run the short yardage package.

MamaMia
9/10/2012, 07:56 PM
Game threads = People saying things in the heat of the moment, that should be taken with a grain of salt. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/smilies/pop.gif

colleyvillesooner
9/10/2012, 07:57 PM
If by "great" you mean a bunch of retarded ****wads gnashing their teeth and wringing their damp vaginas then yeah, it's great.

Heh. I was actually at the game and hit up the thread to see if there was any word on Jefferson when I saw that great nugget.

StoopTroup
9/10/2012, 08:05 PM
Heh. I was actually at the game and hit up the thread to see if there was any word on Jefferson when I saw that great nugget.

I got a few posts in while at the game but posting pics was tough. Photobucket downloads weren't going through and I had a few shots of guys leaving the field at the SW Ramp. Jefferson and a trainer walked right by me. He looked fine to me. I'm betting they decided to just be cautious and save him for K-State.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/9E4263F5-5DBE-4243-8914-49A2370AAAB1-1643-0000022821B771F2.jpg

I just missed getting a shot of him leaving the field. :(

BTW....that OHP Officer is a BIG Ole BOY! :D

Al Gore
9/10/2012, 09:32 PM
If by "great" you mean a bunch of retarded ****wads gnashing their teeth and wringing their damp vaginas then yeah, it's great.Why I like Dean......

Al Gore
9/10/2012, 09:40 PM
StoopTroup.....I believe he played TE for Tulsa.

StoopTroup
9/10/2012, 10:22 PM
StoopTroup.....I believe he played TE for Tulsa.

I was gonna ask my Cousin (OHP Officer) if he knew him. Seemed like a nice guy and it figures he took that duty if he loved playing ball.

Thanks AG.

Wishboned
9/10/2012, 10:32 PM
Well...yeah, but we're talking 30-seconds into a game with effing UTEP and it's "gawdamighty landry you ****ing faggot you suck" and we're still on defense.

That's just like warm ups. You don't want to go into full bitching at Landry mode without doing a little stretching first. You might pull something.

SoonerOX
9/10/2012, 10:34 PM
I thought Blake looked pretty good in the 4th qtr when they let him run the offense instead of run the short yardage package.

I thought so too. Kid shows some promise for sure.

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/11/2012, 10:28 AM
That's just like warm ups. You don't want to go into full retard without doing a little stretching first. You might pull something.

never go full retard

ouflak
9/11/2012, 11:16 AM
I've offered to moderate the Game Thread several times. The offer is still open. Now that I'm a mod on another forum, I could in theory clean it up after the fact. But it would be nice to be able to do the thing real-time.

Oh, and for some of us, the game thread is sometimes the only means we have of knowing what's going on in the game. Some of you might remember the old days when I used to post the play-by-play. I got a lot of praise for doing that, especially from people overseas and/or in the military.

olevetonahill
9/11/2012, 11:20 AM
I've offered to moderate the Game Thread several times. The offer is still open. Now that I'm a mod on another forum, I could in theory clean it up after the fact. But it would be nice to be able to do the thing real-time.

Oh, and for some of us, the game thread is sometimes the only means we have of knowing what's going on in the game. Some of you might remember the old days when I used to post the play-by-play. I got a lot of praise for doing that, especially from people overseas and/or in the military.

And youve always done a Great jorb

Seamus
9/11/2012, 12:27 PM

Football tiiiiime, and the vicarious livin' is easy ...

With apologies to George Gershwin.

8timechamps
9/11/2012, 01:17 PM

I'm usually here on game day, and keep an eye on the game thread. While some of the posts are stupid, I figure it's also a therapeutic release for some. The thread moves so quickly, even if someone does step over the line, it's hard to see it.

Sooner91ATL
9/11/2012, 01:41 PM
A fanbase is a spectrum. On one end is the "doom and gloomer, kill Landry in his sleep and get a new O/D coordinator" crowd, and on the other end is the "Stoops and anything he farts smells as sweet as a rose as it goes straight from his anus to my brown noseholes" crowd. And both are well represented on these boards.

Both are off the mark, IMHO. The truth as always in somewhere in between. That's why there are arguments, and message boards, and all that. I tend to fall to the right of center, because something isn't quite right with our team right now, and we don't seem to be able to fix it. What that is, I can only speculate.

But it is a shame when personal opinions get completely flamed in a moronic fashion, which quickly devolves into completely imbecilic personal attacks. Even worse, is when a moderator starts and/or participates in said imbecilic behavior. It sets a bad example for the other posters. Most times, I come to the board to get Sooner information. Living overseas, I have few free options. Wading through c r a p o l a wastes bandwith and real dollars for me. Internets over here ain't cheap.

My dos centavos.

MamaMia
9/11/2012, 02:08 PM
I'm usually here on game day, and keep an eye on the game thread. While some of the posts are stupid, I figure it's also a therapeutic release for some. The thread moves so quickly, even if someone does step over the line, it's hard to see it. Exactly, especially when we can have two to three pages posted in lightening speed. I'm here too, for away games. Like I said, its all "heat of the moment stuff." 8timechamps calls it a release; same thing. When people post, they say stuff like "Block somebody" and "Okay guys, punch it in", "Give him a little time" or "He had all day" ...stuff like that. They say things as if the team can hear them. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/smilies/giggle.gif

jk the sooner fan
9/11/2012, 02:14 PM
volunteering to moderate that mess? head examinations for free!!!!!!!!!!!

Soonerjeepman
9/11/2012, 02:54 PM

yup...was there as well..but I was more bent over NOT 1 QB sneak most of the game when they had NO ONE line up over the center...(now I'm old and my memory might be bad but I remember my bro and I just shaking our heads)...but yes THAT was painful, especially since we had run it down their throats the whole drive then throw 4 passes (I think! LOL)

Soonerjeepman
9/11/2012, 02:56 PM
They say things as if the team can hear them. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/smilies/giggle.gif

they can't? crap!

MamaMia
9/11/2012, 03:01 PM
I've heard much worse said at the stadium than I have ever read on any game thread.

I sit way up in the Club and there's this guy who sits right next to us who yells at the coaches and players all the time.

8timechamps
9/11/2012, 03:52 PM
A fanbase is a spectrum. On one end is the "doom and gloomer, kill Landry in his sleep and get a new O/D coordinator" crowd, and on the other end is the "Stoops and anything he farts smells as sweet as a rose as it goes straight from his anus to my brown noseholes" crowd. And both are well represented on these boards.

Both are off the mark, IMHO. The truth as always in somewhere in between. That's why there are arguments, and message boards, and all that. I tend to fall to the right of center, because something isn't quite right with our team right now, and we don't seem to be able to fix it. What that is, I can only speculate.

But it is a shame when personal opinions get completely flamed in a moronic fashion, which quickly devolves into completely imbecilic personal attacks. Even worse, is when a moderator starts and/or participates in said imbecilic behavior. It sets a bad example for the other posters. Most times, I come to the board to get Sooner information. Living overseas, I have few free options. Wading through c r a p o l a wastes bandwith and real dollars for me. Internets over here ain't cheap.

My dos centavos.

The thing to remember is that we have opinions and things to say just like anyone else. While I try to stay neutral in most instances, part of the fun of being here is participating. Sure, it can get a little over-the-top from time to time, but that's true with any forum.

IslandSooner
9/11/2012, 04:29 PM
Sometimes "Damp Vagina's" truly need wringing out.

Sooner91ATL
9/11/2012, 05:01 PM
Sometimes "Damp Vagina's" truly need reaming out.

FIFY

C&CDean
9/11/2012, 06:45 PM
The thing to remember is that we have opinions and things to say just like anyone else. While I try to stay neutral in most instances, part of the fun of being here is participating. Sure, it can get a little over-the-top from time to time, but that's true with any forum.

Somehow I don't think he was referring to you brother. Heh.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/11/2012, 08:05 PM
a little over-the-top from time to time

Somebody ring?....

SunnySooner
9/11/2012, 08:24 PM
yup...was there as well..but I was more bent over NOT 1 QB sneak most of the game when they had NO ONE line up over the center...(now I'm old and my memory might be bad but I remember my bro and I just shaking our heads)...but yes THAT was painful, especially since we had run it down their throats the whole drive then throw 4 passes (I think! LOL)

You two live in TEBOW'S EFFIN HOMETOWN!!!! after that 08 soul-ripper...soooo damn close, and EVERYWHERE I went, from boy's flag football games to girl's ballet lessons---GAWDAWFUL blue and OHMYGODIHATE orange NATIONAL CHAMPIONS, 2 OUTTA THREE AIN'T BAD (2006 and 2008 for the lizards), emblazoned in huge letters on everything from tshirts to pajamas. It literally hurt to go to the grocery store, 75% of the crowd would be decked, and I would just want to bawl right there in the Winn-Dixie. So depressing. And then, everywhere we went, there was Timmy Boy--concert? check! Jag game? check! Boy Scout Pine Derby? check! Couldn't swing a dead cat in that town that year without whomping His Tebowness upside the head. I about had to start carrying a a puke bag, just in case.

The LSU loss was awful, I agree, but think of living in Baton Rouge that year, wearing crimson and driving an OU tagged truck--if I heard, "Well y'all were pretty good, but the SEC is just a different level" one more time, someone was gonna get mangled. I still can't believe DM7 watched from the stands, we coulda been a contendahhhh!!!!

But s'ok, I'm totally over it.:distress::cower::miserable:

StoopTroup
9/12/2012, 08:50 AM
I've heard much worse said at the stadium than I have ever read on any game thread.

I sit way up in the Club and there's this guy who sits right next to us who yells at the coaches and players all the time.

You should throw caviar at him.

MamaMia
9/12/2012, 10:03 AM
You should throw caviar at him.

Popcorn would be better. :D

SouthFortySooner
9/12/2012, 10:11 AM
Game threads = People saying things in the heat of the moment, that should be taken with a grain of salt. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/smilies/pop.gif

In 45 years of watching Sooner football I have never even thought of saying some of the idiocy these people say. The heat of the moment of which you speak is only, 'HINDSIGHT' on their part.

If we ran we should have passed, passed should have ran type nonsense. Blithering nonsense.

Its only a feeble attempt of the self-centered gronks trying to puff up and pass themselves off as big shorts coaches. The same small brain mentality as an internet tough guy.

SouthFortySooner
9/12/2012, 10:21 AM

This is it. All of 2010 I was on the west coast and depended on the game thread to follow the game. The frustration of wading through all the mushminded comments was disappointing. Until then I had no idea there were such weak-minded Sooner 'fans.

Yes! The play by play got me through the season. Thanks!

olevetonahill
9/12/2012, 10:25 AM
In 45 years of watching Sooner football I have never even thought of saying some of the idiocy these people say. The heat of the moment of which you speak is only, 'HINDSIGHT' on their part.

If we ran we should have passed, passed should have ran type nonsense. Blithering nonsense.

Its only a feeble attempt of the self-centered gronks trying to puff up and pass themselves off as big shorts coaches. The same small brain mentality as an internet tough guy.

What he said

C&CDean
9/12/2012, 10:35 AM

dingdingdingding we have a winner

What many of the ignorant dillweeds wanna pass off as an "opinion/valid concern/etc." is nothing more than sheer stupidity on their part.

The sad thing is they just don't get it, and think that screaming obscenities at a kid or coach somehow is justified because "by gawd I'm a fan who lives and dies by this stuff and by gawd i expect nothing short of perfection cause by gawd i own an OU hat and bought a ticket one time to a game by gawd." Mega meh.

Then, when confronted with their outlandish stupidity they respond with "i thought this is a forum for discussion of sooner football and by gawd i have valid concerns." What they don't (and probably never will) realize is that screaming about a dropped pass/blown assignment/playcalling is NOT discussing Sooner football. It's being a ****tard.

Everyone does it at home, and there's nothing wrong with it. I've thrown my hat at the TV and yelled "what the eff was that **** Landry??!!" a hunnert times. Just don't do it in public/on a public board. It's like beating off. Everyone does it, but nobody really wants to see/hear you do it unless you're a chick and you're hott.

Fraggle145
9/12/2012, 10:41 AM
People pay to watch me do it.

C&CDean
9/12/2012, 12:32 PM
Throw your hat at the TV? Dang, I didn't know I could get paid for that.

picasso
9/12/2012, 01:38 PM

Oh yeah? You want some of me?

StoopTroup
9/12/2012, 01:42 PM
Popcorn would be better. :D

Super Sooner Nachos with 1 pound of peppers on it?

StoopTroup
9/12/2012, 01:44 PM
dingdingdingding we have a winner

What many of the ignorant dillweeds wanna pass off as an "opinion/valid concern/etc." is nothing more than sheer stupidity on their part.

The sad thing is they just don't get it, and think that screaming obscenities at a kid or coach somehow is justified because "by gawd I'm a fan who lives and dies by this stuff and by gawd i expect nothing short of perfection cause by gawd i own an OU hat and bought a ticket one time to a game by gawd." Mega meh.

Then, when confronted with their outlandish stupidity they respond with "i thought this is a forum for discussion of sooner football and by gawd i have valid concerns." What they don't (and probably never will) realize is that screaming about a dropped pass/blown assignment/playcalling is NOT discussing Sooner football. It's being a ****tard.

Everyone does it at home, and there's nothing wrong with it. I've thrown my hat at the TV and yelled "what the eff was that **** Landry??!!" a hunnert times. Just don't do it in public/on a public board. It's like beating off. Everyone does it, but nobody really wants to see/hear you do it unless you're a chick and you're hott.

Back to Flaks original premise.....so if you beat off in the game thread.....you won't get teh ban? I bet marty's pissed he got hammered again.

Scott D
9/13/2012, 06:16 PM
I'm trying to remember the last time I participated in a game thread