PDA

View Full Version : Conference reallignment poll: Buyer's remorse

badger
9/10/2012, 12:05 PM
Let's ignore everything the Big East is doing and focus on the rest: Who has the most buyer's remorse right now?

Since joining the Pac-12, Colorado is 3-12 and is coming off an embarrassing 30-28 loss to FCS foe Sacramento State at home Saturday. Utah has been better, but the Utes lost to the Buffaloes 17-14 at the end of last season and then fell to Utah State 27-20 in overtime Friday night.

The ACC also can't be too excited about the early-season results for its two new members, Pittsburgh and Syracuse, which leave the Big East after this season. Pitt is 0-2, including a forgettable 31-17 loss to FCS foe Youngstown State in the opener. The Orange might be the best 0-2 team in the country, after falling to Northwestern 42-41 and No. 2 USC 42-29 on Saturday.

Nebrasky looked pretty bad last weekend. Mizzou and A&M were all talk after all, which we in the Big 12 already knew :D

Vote away....

OUTrumpet
9/10/2012, 12:19 PM
Colorado is flat out embarrassing.

soonervegas
9/10/2012, 12:43 PM
Pac 10 screwed the pooch on those adds.........OU and OSU would have been much better adds. (Academic warts and all)

SoonerMarkVA
9/10/2012, 12:49 PM
The XII is the only one who really upgraded their situation. We got rid of some loafers and has-beens, and brought in two really good teams, assuming TCU can continue on as they've been showing for the last 5 years or so. Even if TCU slumps, WV is better than any program we've lost save possibly NU, and for NU that's only if you consider the non-football sports and heavily weight tradition.

badger
9/10/2012, 12:53 PM
WV is better than any program we've lost save possibly NU

Nebby might be begging to take us back when they realize that they can't recruit the state of Texas anymore. Can they recruit anywhere anymore? My, my. Those mid-90s are getting further away each passing year.

badger
9/10/2012, 01:00 PM
Nebby might be begging to take us back when they realize that they can't recruit the state of Texas anymore. Can they recruit anywhere anymore? My, my. Those mid-90s are getting further away each passing year.

Just for funs, Nebrasky's football recruiting, as per rivals...
- None from Texas, three 4-stars in 2013 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/commitments/2013)
-2 from Texas, six 4-stars in 2012 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/commitments/2012)
-Five from Texas, 11 four-stars in 2011 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/commitments/2011)
-Four from Texas, 8 four-stars in 2010 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/commitments/2010)
-8 from Texas, four 4-stars in 2009 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/commitments/2009)

Most of their recruiting grounds seem to be in the state of California, really. Perhaps they should have looked to go Pac-ing with the rest of us a few years ago? :P

Soonerjeepman
9/10/2012, 01:17 PM
I will say neb looked decent against South Miss, lost by 6 to a ranked team (22 to their 16th) on the road, not a bad showing. Not a nebby fan just wouldn't say they "looked pretty bad" last weekend...but again I didn't see the game but the score doesn't seem that bad for the situation. Considering our first game we looked horrible to an UNRANKED team and we were 4th.

arcman46
9/11/2012, 11:27 AM
Since I live in Utah, I would have loved it had we gone after the Utes. They are definitely a solid team. I was at the Utes-Buffalo game last year and the Utes absolutely screwed the pooch on that one. Nebraska, by going to the B1G, tossed tradition out the window and managed to ruin their recruiting chances. Colorado is just a bad team. Don't really care about the ACC or Big LEAST. Missouri and TAMU will end up exactly like they were in the Big 12: middle of the pack teams that will jump up and bite some of the big boys in the a** from time to time, but it will be far from consistent. WVU and TCU are both upgrades.

badger
9/11/2012, 11:57 AM
Since I live in Utah, I would have loved it had we gone after the Utes.
I still think we may eventually try to get BYU. I don't care if we never play on Sundays. That's Packer day for me, anyways.

Nebraska, by going to the B1G, tossed tradition out the window and managed to ruin their recruiting chances.
As bitter as we could be, I would give Nebraska a big hug welcoming them back if they ever got sick of losing in the B1G. Resent Texas? Settle it on the football field! It's what the rest of us did in 2010 :mack:

Colorado is just a bad team.
I am still trying to figure out how this happened. A little bit of female kicker, a little bit of Dan Hawkface, a little bit of Pac 12ing?

middle of the pack teams that will jump up and bite some of the big boys in the a** from time to time, but it will be far from consistent.

Since there's 14 teams in the SEC as opposed to the Big 12's ten, I could see Mizz and A&M ranking the same from the bottom in the SEC. Third worst in the Big 12? Third worst in the SEC. :D

You're fairly new. Welcome! Still live in Oregon? If so, punch a ref or burn a Nike jersey for the rest of us. quack quack

Scott D
9/11/2012, 12:17 PM
With the exception of Nebraska to the Big 10, I think at the time the other conferences were looking for cupcakes....and they got them.

On a side note, with each game, I'm betting Pitt fans are wondering why they fired the Wannstache.

badger
9/11/2012, 12:43 PM
I'm betting Pitt fans are wondering why they fired the Wannstache.

If you include the coach that they fired before he really started (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5978467), they are on their third coach in less than two seasons after firing Wannstache.

Schools that hire fly by night coaches get exactly what they deserve. I am quite happy to feature Pitt in the meltdown thread on a weekly basis :D

HToady
9/11/2012, 12:58 PM
Colorado doesn't care about football.

Just pot smoking and downhill skiing.

Now that's a dangerous combination.

8timechamps
9/11/2012, 01:05 PM
Colorado doesn't care about COLLEGE football.

Just pot smoking, The Broncos and downhill skiing.

Now that's a dangerous combination.

FIFY

SicEmBaylor
9/11/2012, 01:23 PM
I think it's too early for the SEC to feel that way, but the Pac-12 has to be wanting a refund.

tycat947
9/11/2012, 01:24 PM
At this point, I don't think any of them would admit to having buyer's remorse. Especially, MIZ....ZOU and Aggieland! But give it about 5 years. I think Bo is on borrowed time and if Herbie Husker loses 3 or 4 more games this year, it's 'buh, bye, Bo'! Denver/Colorado is donkey (bronco) country and they could really care less about Beefaloes. MIZ...ZOU and Aggieland are too stupid to realize at this point.

CowboyMRW
9/11/2012, 02:20 PM
At this point, I don't think any of them would admit to having buyer's remorse. Especially, MIZ....ZOU and Aggieland! But give it about 5 years. I think Bo is on borrowed time and if Herbie Husker loses 3 or 4 more games this year, it's 'buh, bye, Bo'! Denver/Colorado is donkey (bronco) country and they could really care less about Beefaloes. MIZ...ZOU and Aggieland are too stupid to realize at this point.

Aggie Nation! Didn't you see the annex of Gainesville billboard. Whoop!!!

As bitter as we could be, I would give Nebraska a big hug welcoming them back if they ever got sick of losing in the B1G. Resent Texas? Settle it on the football field! It's what the rest of us did in 2010 :mack:

Nebraska lost to Texas during Texas' 5-7 year. Texas is to Nebraska what Kansas State is Texas. They just can't beat Texas.

85sooners
9/11/2012, 02:27 PM
Colorado is embarrassing

badger
9/11/2012, 02:36 PM
Nebraska lost to Texas during Texas' 5-7 year. Texas is to Nebraska what Kansas State is Texas. They just can't beat Texas.
That's why I said "the rest of us," implying that everyone else got football revenge on pushy, controlling, abusive Texas, but Nebraska didn't.

Jacie
9/11/2012, 07:50 PM
If None of the Above had been a choice, I would have voted for it.

Pac 12 and ACC went shopping for and found patsies for the really terrible members to beat up on once in a while.

SEC wanted to expand and only wanted teams named after a state, not a city or a person.

Big 10 got what they wanted, another team geographically in their footprint and with tradition (they love their traditions, don't they?).

Big 12 got what they wanted, thinking everyone else was trying to out-quality them when in reality it was either the opposite or some other reason since there was no one-size-fits-all (many said it was all about the money, but it just weren't so unless some conference could have nabbed sa*et or Notre Dame).