PDA

View Full Version : Was KSU that good or was Miami just that bad

olevetonahill
9/10/2012, 09:08 AM
Plus Yall take that Halo off of Snyder please . Dudes is Not a Briliiant coach after this

Watch their Trick play

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/see-worse-play-college-football-effort-kansas-state-180849533--ncaaf.html

badger
9/10/2012, 09:15 AM
The U just fired Randy Shanny so I am thinking that this is a rebuilding year for Cane-a-hurrrrrrrrrrrr

Seriously, who out there picked Miami over KSU besides the national media "experts?" Anyone that knows Old Man Snyder* knew that Da U was going Da-down.

*Not as old as Old Man Weeden

85sooners
9/10/2012, 09:15 AM
Ou is gonna phuck Colin Klein up!!!!!

OU_Sooners75
9/10/2012, 09:38 AM
Wasn't Miami picked to finish next to last this year in the ACC?

goingoneight
9/10/2012, 09:41 AM
I remember when we thought dropping 50 on Miami was some kind of accomplishment. Then 6-7 Colorado beat us.

tycat947
9/10/2012, 09:42 AM
From Athlon:

48. Miami
With huge personnel losses to overcome and a very youthful roster, the Hurricanes appear to be in rebuilding mode. There’s good young talent and more coming in from a top-10 recruiting class, but it’s going to take time to develop. The schedule includes nonconference games with Notre Dame, Kansas State and South Florida. The Hurricanes will likely also have to deal with the distraction of imminent NCAA sanctions. Matching last season’s 6–6 record won’t be easy.

I doubt if Miami could finish in the Top 8 in the Big 12 (10 teams).

BillyBall
9/10/2012, 09:46 AM
The U just fired Randy Shanny so I am thinking that this is a rebuilding year for Cane-a-hurrrrrrrrrrrr

Seriously, who out there picked Miami over KSU besides the national media "experts?" Anyone that knows Old Man Snyder* knew that Da U was going Da-down.

*Not as old as Old Man Weeden

FYI, this is Al Golden's second year.

cleller
9/10/2012, 09:48 AM
Plus Yall take that Halo off of Snyder please . Dudes is Not a Briliiant coach after this

Watch their Trick play

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/see-worse-play-college-football-effort-kansas-state-180849533--ncaaf.html

Didn't see that one before. Even if it had worked, it seems very iffy.

badger
9/10/2012, 09:53 AM
FYI, this is Al Golden's second year.

oh YEAH. I am suddenly having flashbacks to certain maryland unis when they were like "derp derp al golden's second year loser loser loser" on labor day 2011.

my bad. "just" fired I guess could apply to two seasons ago instead of one i guess. they're probably still suffering from a shapiro hangover more than anything though.

BoulderSooner79
9/10/2012, 10:32 AM
Miami is not very good and KSU looks very similar to last season. It will be interesting to see how our defense handles them because regardless of opinions about BV, his defenses did well against KSU. Will the changes Mike has made help us, hurt us or be about the same?

MojoRisen
9/10/2012, 10:44 AM
KSU will be better than they were last year, many people back and another year under Snyder.... Their D still looks spotty so I am thinking 2 weeks for stoops to prepare we should be Fine - still leary of those guys.

picasso
9/10/2012, 11:04 AM
I predict a stacked box. And, I like our record vs. those guys.

badger
9/10/2012, 11:09 AM
I predict a stacked box. And, I like our record vs. those guys.

There's no reason you can't have all 11 in the box :D

goingoneight
9/10/2012, 11:57 AM
I think this game should be taken as seriously as the 2008 Tceh game. As much as OU cleaned up against FAMU, there's still reason to believe this KSU squad has just what it takes to expose OU. Believe me, they can run it better than UTEP did.

SoonerPride93
9/10/2012, 01:35 PM
K-State student checking in. I was observing in the stands. Miami is god awful.

K-State is pretty bad too. Defense is week and there is not a corner or dback that can shut down any one of our receivers. Miami and Missou State drove all over them but shot themselves in the foot.

I am very very confident our Sooners will roll all over KSU and all the people in my frat and on campus know it. I showed them the highlights of the FAMU game and everybody was like "Damn this could be a long game"

badger
9/10/2012, 01:38 PM

Did you K-Staters enjoy the Rice game :D

SoonerPride93
9/10/2012, 01:41 PM
I honestly do not care. All fans do here is bash KU when i could care less about bottom feeders. But everybody was pumped about it and laughing.

I do get 2003 championship game comments on the reg tho.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/10/2012, 01:59 PM
I think this game should be taken as seriously as the 2008 Tceh game. As much as OU cleaned up against FAMU, there's still reason to believe this KSU squad has just what it takes to expose OU. Believe me, they can run it better than UTEP did.After the whacking we gave them last yr., IN MANHATTAN fergodssakes, the purple ags will be wildly inspired to take us down.

SoonerPride93
9/10/2012, 02:03 PM
Also the stadium reaction to that "trick" play was classic

8timechamps
9/10/2012, 02:31 PM
Miami is bad. KSU is better than last year.

However, KSU just doesn't match up to OU. This year's game will look a lot like last year. Klein is better, but still a long way from being a dangerous threat passing. We'll play them just like we did last year, and the results will be similar. 8 in the box, and force Klein to make accurate throws under pressure.

cvsooner
9/10/2012, 03:17 PM
Klein looks to be throwing better than last year. We'll have our hands full, no question. Snyder is crafty and he likes taking on his former pupil.

PalmBeachSooner
9/10/2012, 03:34 PM
There's going to be an 11-man pile-up on Calvin Klein's hershey highway a week from Saturday.

Salt City Sooner
9/10/2012, 04:39 PM
I honestly do not care. All fans do here is bash KU when i could care less about bottom feeders. But everybody was pumped about it and laughing.

I do get 2003 championship game comments on the reg tho.
I still from time to time get those cute little "What time is it when the clock reads 6:25 (35 to 7 for those who don't get it) cracks. Thing is, when I in return ask them what time is it when the clock reads 12:52 ( 8 to 1) they tend to have a whole lot less to say after that.

8timechamps
9/10/2012, 04:54 PM
Klein looks to be throwing better than last year. We'll have our hands full, no question. Snyder is crafty and he likes taking on his former pupil.

We'll definitely know how good we are after this game. Snyder is one of (if not the) best at preparing his team. They are always good about limiting mistakes. KSU never fields the same depth of talent that OU does, and Stoops has been good about exploiting that.

StoopTroup
9/10/2012, 05:09 PM
I don't hang my hat on whether or not a bad trick play Snyder used is a sign that he's a good or a bad Coach or whether or not OU is going to beat them or not.

We are undefeated and K-State is undefeated. We both have good teams with guys back from last year.

We beat them at home last year when lots of folks thought we would go flat on the road and lose to them. On the 22nd they are in OUr hOUse. They will need to play their best game in years and Snyder will need a miracle to out coach Bob and Mike.

SoonerOX
9/10/2012, 10:45 PM

Watch their Trick play

Missed this play due to a beer run. That was a thing of comic gold! Thanks Vet!

olevetonahill
9/10/2012, 11:26 PM
Missed this play due to a beer run. That was a thing of comic gold! Thanks Vet!

Yer welcome Bro

RADsooner
9/11/2012, 06:27 PM
Add Content

goingoneight
9/11/2012, 07:02 PM
Think about how well we've handled the run so far. It was "meh" against FAMU and awful against UTEP. That's where this game will be decided. Couple that with the fact that we've forced exactly ONE turnover so far in two games against shoddy offenses. KSU is good at protecting the ball usually (the trick play was Grampa Snyder trying to let his guys have a little fun). They've got another guy named Lockett (do they ever stop making those?) who is as good or better than his family members who have played there before. That'll be at the very least a special teams test. Landry and the offense hopefully have their timing down a little better. It'd be cool to see something new in this game like we saw against them last year with the Bell-dozer. It may not be tricky or ZOMG!!!11-new, but Stoops always adds a new wrinkle or two for the first big test of the year.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/11/2012, 08:00 PM
IMHO it is like a lot of things with this game we love... the truth is somewhere in between.

KSU is darn good, but Miami did not have a good game. So if it gets played again I don't know that it is as severe a beat down. I still think KSU wins in a strong fashion (at least a couple to three scores)... but not this level of blowout. But let's not pretend KSU didn't have pretty much of a wreck in their first game only up 16-9 over lower division Missouri State going into the 4th quarter. They were looking ahead to Miami... and we are probably looking ahead to KSU.

Having said that we need every bit of these two weeks to prepare for this team. KSU had an opportunity to make their proverbial "best improvement is from game 1 to game 2" and looked very clean against Miami this early in the year. Us having FAMU after the wreck against UTEP for the most part really doesn't afford us to show genuine improvement. It's still a bit of "going through the motions" against that level of competition. So our true "best improvement" really should be from game 2 to game 3... or rather, game 1 to game 3, if that makes any sense.

At least we better hope so. If our best improvement was game 1 to game 2, we're gonna have a rough go of it against the kitties.

diverdog
9/12/2012, 06:20 AM

Watch their Trick play

WTF was that? Good lord that is something you would do playing street ball.

olevetonahill
9/12/2012, 06:24 AM
WTF was that? Good lord that is something you would do playing street ball.

I think its a new way to set up the Field goal

cleller
9/12/2012, 08:28 AM

K-State is pretty bad too. Defense is week and there is not a corner or dback that can shut down any one of our receivers. Miami and Missou State drove all over them but shot themselves in the foot.

I am very very confident our Sooners will roll all over KSU and all the people in my frat and on campus know it. I showed them the highlights of the FAMU game and everybody was like "Damn this could be a long game"

Don't take this wrong, but I've always thought the KSU fans were kinda funny. They are very into the game, and really participate, but it comes off as a little bit high school-ish to me. What do you think of the place?
I sat next to some KSU students at the 2000 Big 12 Champ game in KC. Nice bunch, and couple of beautiful girls.

SoonerPride93
9/12/2012, 08:49 AM
Don't take this wrong, but I've always thought the KSU fans were kinda funny. They are very into the game, and really participate, but it comes off as a little bit high school-ish to me. What do you think of the place?
I sat next to some KSU students at the 2000 Big 12 Champ game in KC. Nice bunch, and couple of beautiful girls.

High-school ish is right. Bunch of kids just going crazy but no real love for the team and no football IQ what so ever! The kid next to me went off screaming how the punter sucks he just kicked it straight in the air and he could do better when it was put inside the 10. The fan base is full of wild people and loud screamers but nobody really knows the game and doesnt care about the outcome.

They start off every game with a "Bill Snyder" chant which is lame. And when Missouri State had it at 6-3 at half i heard about 10000 "Oh thats just Bill Snyders style"

Football fans here are a joke.

StoopTroup
9/12/2012, 09:09 AM
They are just like Chiefs Fans. They just know that someday...they are gonna win the big one.

The rest of us all watch with amusement.

goingoneight
9/12/2012, 11:58 AM
So what you're saying is-- KSU fans = OSU fans? :D

OU_Sooners75
9/12/2012, 01:14 PM
Think about how well we've handled the run so far. It was "meh" against FAMU and awful against UTEP. That's where this game will be decided. Couple that with the fact that we've forced exactly ONE turnover so far in two games against shoddy offenses. KSU is good at protecting the ball usually (the trick play was Grampa Snyder trying to let his guys have a little fun). They've got another guy named Lockett (do they ever stop making those?) who is as good or better than his family members who have played there before. That'll be at the very least a special teams test. Landry and the offense hopefully have their timing down a little better. It'd be cool to see something new in this game like we saw against them last year with the Bell-dozer. It may not be tricky or ZOMG!!!11-new, but Stoops always adds a new wrinkle or two for the first big test of the year.

GoingonEight...

I wonder if the underwhelming rush defense is due to the personnel there for those games?

King, a DE playing DT. Got pushed around, quite a bit inside, but also made some very nice plays.
Phillips backing up King, did a decent job in his first two games of his Sooner career.
McFarland, still hasnt transformed into that great DT that we though he was going to be when coming out of HS.
Casey Walker was back up to McFarland, though he was not even available for the game.

Three man rotation at DL....not good. We were missing McGee, Walker, and Peterson. So we didnt have depth.
Linebackers have done a good job. They are now playing gap responsibilities, not a read and react style that was used under BV. Considering that, they have graded out pretty good so far.
DEs have played well, but have also been sucked inside a few times, particular in the first game vs. UTEP when UTEP busted a 71 yard run off tackle. RJ is not a very good container in run support.
The secondary has played well.

The defenses problem lies in inexperience and not tackling very well. Our ends have got to learn how to contain better. And then our defenders need to learn how to wrap up and explode through tackles instead of trying to arm tackle everyone.

We get Walker back for KSU, this will help tremendously. Maybe McGee is reinstated by next week. IF so this helps our DL out a lot too, especially if he is allowed to play against KSU.

The defense is not all bad. We gave up 205 yards rushing (91 on two rushes) against UTEP. We gave up 61 yards rushing against FAMU. So we did improve some over week one.

StoopTroup
9/12/2012, 01:56 PM
So what you're saying is-- KSU fans = OSU fans? :D

:D

8timechamps
9/12/2012, 02:08 PM
Speaking of Miami, can you imagine how Al Golden must feel? I'm sure if he could go back and re-do things (knowing what he knows now), he would have turned down the position. Miami is in for a Penn State type dark era. The NCAA will eventually come down on the Canes, and the thought of that isn't lost on recruits. This may be the year Miami drops off the college football radar for a long while. Hope the 90's were worth it.

goingoneight
9/12/2012, 07:45 PM
Miami being good always bothered me. They were everything that was wrong with the game. NTM, nobody cares about them. Look at their attendance even when they're good. FTR, no... I don't buy the "people in Florida have more to do than people in Oklahoma." Thousands of people from Florida pack UF and FSU's stadiums weekly and they send out a pretty good number of folks to away games.

Oh, and anybody who thinks that Miami this year is even half as good as the craptastic Miami team Stoops lost to is delusional.

That being said, it's all about matchups. It looks very intriguing so far for both sides. Hopefully we drop a bomb on KSU like we did on Florida State in 2010. That was awesome seeing a team we all expected to struggle just take the field and run over FSU like they were Utah State... wait. :eek:

picasso
9/12/2012, 10:20 PM
Snyder is crafty and he likes taking on his former pupil.
And losing to him.

SoonerLB
9/13/2012, 10:08 AM
KSU has the speed to test us on both sides of the ball, so I hope having two weeks to prepare does the trick. Even though that trick play was a joke, they did have some impressive plays in that game, and I gotta say, the humiliation of Miami was a thing of beauty! :D