PDA

View Full Version : College Gameday presented by the Home Depot for KSU?

BermudaSooner
9/10/2012, 08:26 AM
Other competing game looks to be Clemson vs FSU. Given the other OU games that College Gameday presented by the Home Depot could visit (Texas, West Virginia), probably not, but it is a possibility.

jk the sooner fan
9/10/2012, 08:34 AM
i would think texas and the hilbillies - it'll be the first big matchup for the big 12 newcomer

cleller
9/10/2012, 08:51 AM
Lets see. All their gear was in College Station, so I think Norman would be a little closer than FSU. I saw one article lobbying for ND and Mich State. Blech.

like you said, OU/KSU or Clemson/FSU do look like the best picks to me. Plus Snyder won't be around forever, and his comeback has been pretty good.

jk the sooner fan
9/10/2012, 08:53 AM
they'll be at UF/Tennessee this weekend - so i'm not sure that location is all that big a deal

cleller
9/10/2012, 08:55 AM
they'll be at UF/Tennessee this weekend - so i'm not sure that location is all that big a deal

Really? Florida twice in a row? Dullsville.

badger
9/10/2012, 09:04 AM
Yeah, it's stupid. SEC! SEC! SEC!

I thought USC/Stanny would be a good nominee, but apparently ESPN doesn't like going to locations that they're not televising the games for. Makes sense. Will any other network try to compete with this show ever and host a competing show on a different campus?

BermudaSooner
9/10/2012, 10:12 AM
Will any other network try to compete with this show ever and host a competing show on a different campus?

College Football Gametime presented by Lowe's?

badger
9/10/2012, 10:45 AM
College Football Gametime presented by Lowe's?

Goal points for the Sport Games presented by Nerds

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/86/Nerds_%28candy%29.jpg/250px-Nerds_%28candy%29.jpg

madillsoonerfan5353
9/10/2012, 11:35 AM
Yeah, it's stupid. SEC! SEC! SEC!

I thought USC/Stanny would be a good nominee, but apparently ESPN doesn't like going to locations that they're not televising the games for. Makes sense. Will any other network try to compete with this show ever and host a competing show on a different campus?

They were in Norman in '07 when mizzou came to town and that game was on FSSW. This one in a 6:50 kick on FOX. Don't know what that means if anything?

Sooner24
9/10/2012, 11:52 AM
NM

8timechamps
9/10/2012, 02:15 PM
If FSU can get by Wake Forrest this week (Clemson has a rollover game with Furman), then the FSU/Clemson game would almost be a certainty for Gameday. Two top 10 teams should beat out Michigan/ND (especially since they just did a Michigan game).

Maybe Wake Forrest can knock off FSU and help us out a little.

SoonerofAlabama
9/10/2012, 03:51 PM
FOX

C&CDean
9/10/2012, 04:16 PM
Does anyone really care about Gameday anymore?

tycat947
9/10/2012, 04:19 PM

THIS ^^^^^!!!

colleyvillesooner
9/10/2012, 04:26 PM
if they have a solid ABC option they will pick that over pimping a game all morning for another network.

badger
9/10/2012, 04:29 PM

Only if the signs don't suck. They were rather disappointing the first two weeks.

StoopTroup
9/10/2012, 04:39 PM
I'll probably never go to another one again. Once they started herding fans like cattle and using them as backdrops for their on air talent....I lost interest.

For those that are actually enrolled in School and crazy about their Team and making signs, getting up early on Saturday Morning to yell and scream and support the Team....I say...GO 4 IT!

I have had some good times at CGDs. I especially liked the ones at the Cotton Bowl and a few where we were the Road Team and the Home Team thought they had a chance to make a game of it with The Sooners.

That said. What CGD puts on in the field on the East Side of our Stadium blows.

Also....even if KSU isn't to CGD's liking, there are plenty of games for them to host that we will be involved with this year. ND at Home. Say Little Brother gets it back together and stays undefeated....I can see them back in Norman or at Morganstown or Ft. Worth for the TCU/OU Game.

Still....just because they don't do one in Norman....I don't really care. We have seen plenty of them. I like the idea of them staying the hell away as we continue to post W's every week until they are crapping their pants that we are getting another shot at the MNC.

8timechamps
9/10/2012, 04:50 PM
I still watch Gamday for the predictions. Every now and then they have a funny celebrity, and my kid loves to watch Corso put the mascot head on.

StoopTroup
9/10/2012, 04:54 PM
Seeing Lee hump Reveille was weird and hard to watch....but i did watch.

http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/2012/0908/dm_120908_cgd_gameday_picks/dm_120908_cgd_gameday_picks.jpg

jk the sooner fan
9/10/2012, 05:05 PM
i dont "care" about Gameday - but i watch it

i mean - if it suddenly went off the air - i wouldnt lose sleep

i dont think there's ever been a better sign than the "Curtis Lofton's a Man - he's 40".....of course i'm biased to the home crowd

i'll tell you what show needs to be canned - and thats the bit they do with Lou Holtz and Mark May - arguing their points before another anchor wearing a judge's robe......just.......awful

horrible

bssooner1
9/10/2012, 08:14 PM
The best sign CGD sign ever was "2 in the Pinkle, 1 in the Stinkle"..... And you know this, man!

StoopTroup
9/10/2012, 08:19 PM
The best sign CGD sign ever was "2 in the Pinkle, 1 in the Stinkle"..... And you know this, man!

"Corso is a Pen*s" wasn't bad either IMO.

badger
9/11/2012, 12:01 PM
I liked the Texas State Fair signs last year... they had trouble regulating them because they were on fairgrounds, rather than a campus. Gameday signs have been neutered lately, or they have plants from athletic departments stick lame ones near the front.

Food for thought: Why hasn't any other fanbase copied Washington State and gotten one of their flags on each Gameday yet? Why does only Wazzu, one of the worst football programs in the country (good luck Coach Leach!), have the dedication to keep that marathon up?

colleyvillesooner
9/11/2012, 12:31 PM
I liked the Texas State Fair signs last year... they had trouble regulating them because they were on fairgrounds, rather than a campus. Gameday signs have been neutered lately, or they have plants from athletic departments stick lame ones near the front.

They do that at the RRS shoot out too. I was walking along the side last year near the production truck and they were hauling out signs to go pass out in the front with super generic crap on them. Bunch of them were sitting on the ground outside it too.

badger
9/11/2012, 12:44 PM
They do that at the RRS shoot out too. I was walking along the side last year near the production truck and they were hauling out signs to go pass out in the front with super generic crap on them. Bunch of them were sitting on the ground outside it too.

Can you give examples of what the generic signs said? I'm curious

colleyvillesooner
9/11/2012, 07:38 PM
Stuff like in Bob we trust, signs that incorporated the ESPN acronym, stuff like that. Don't remember any exact ones, just pre-made. At first I thought they were taken signs, but they were headed towards the set.