PDA

View Full Version : Remembering one of OU's finest.

E-Town
9/9/2012, 11:37 PM
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll122/e-town_/LeeRoydrawing.jpg

goingoneight
9/10/2012, 12:32 AM
I have a LRS jersey my old boss gave me. I'm not really much on sports collector stuff. But the jersey in frame is pretty cool. I met Dewey a few years back and he said I needed to trade up for a Dewey Selmon jersey. :D

StoopTroup
9/10/2012, 12:57 AM
Nice artwork

E-Town
9/10/2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the compliment StoopTroup!

The Eufaula Alumni Association asked me if I would draw a picture of Lee Roy for them to raffle off at their homecoming this year. They will also be retiring his high school jersey at halftime of the game. As a Eufaula alumni myself, I was honored to be asked to draw this.

cherokeebrewer
9/10/2012, 04:12 PM
Very nice! My son graduated from Eufaula High.

Boomer.....
9/10/2012, 04:28 PM
Amazing drawing! You are very talented.

C&CDean
9/10/2012, 04:47 PM
Nice job. If you haven't, you should check out this guy. He might even post a little around here.

http://www.doi.gov/iacb/museums/archives/splains-archive-200609.html

SunnySooner
9/11/2012, 08:47 PM
The Selmons were the babies of their family, the youngest brothers. Can you imagine if the older ones had been able to play as well--they were working the farm, but seems like I remember one of OUr Selmons talking about them being tough because they had older brothers that would beat the **** out of them if they weren't.

I shudder to think of the men that could whoop the Selmons--they must have been part-gods. Probably better they didn't play, making teams bring body bags to games is just wrong. ;)

They are an all-time amazing story of CFB, and oh yeah, THANK GOD FOR MRS. SELMON!!!!!!!

SoonerTerry
9/13/2012, 10:05 AM
Did you do that? It is incredible. i have always been a fan of pencil artwork.

Lott's Bandana
9/13/2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the compliment StoopTroup!

The Eufaula Alumni Association asked me if I would draw a picture of Lee Roy for them to raffle off at their homecoming this year. They will also be retiring his high school jersey at halftime of the game. As a Eufaula alumni myself, I was honored to be asked to draw this.

E-Town, get us hooked into that raffle when the time comes. You really captured LR's demeanor in that headshot. I'll buy a ticket or two. Especially since Homey isn't taking my money this year...

Seamus
9/13/2012, 01:34 PM
That is a seriously nice portrait. +1

sooneredaco
9/13/2012, 01:55 PM
Nice work! Thanks for the post bro

cjames317
9/13/2012, 02:16 PM
Did any other team in history have teammate brothers as badass as the Selmons?

jk the sooner fan
9/13/2012, 02:50 PM
i met him at an autograph signing deal at a big card/memorabilia show - his line was really short - like people had no clue who he was....really a shame

he signed my helmet and talked to both me and the boys for awhile - incredibly nice and gracious man

MountainOkie
9/13/2012, 08:35 PM
Good work E-Town!

sooneron
9/13/2012, 08:43 PM
Nice job. If you haven't, you should check out this guy. He might even post a little around here.

http://www.doi.gov/iacb/museums/archives/splains-archive-200609.html

That guy has nothing on Howzit.

E-Town
9/13/2012, 10:00 PM
E-Town, get us hooked into that raffle when the time comes. You really captured LR's demeanor in that headshot. I'll buy a ticket or two. Especially since Homey isn't taking my money this year...

The raffle is set for September 29th. Tickets are being sold at the home football games, the local E-town bank and also by calling the vice president of the Eufaula Alumni Associaton. She can be reach at the following number 918-689-6673. Tickets are $5 for one, or $20 for five.

E-Town
10/7/2012, 07:11 PM
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll122/e-town_/meanddewey.jpg

Dewey said that I did a great job on the pencil drawing of his brother. We had a good visit talking about family and football. The winner of the raffle was anonymous and wanted the drawing donated to the new EHS fieldhouse.

cleller
10/7/2012, 07:51 PM
Very good work. I like the way you covered him thru the years in the drawing. You're both great talents.