PDA

View Full Version : They gave us beer!

MamaMia
9/9/2012, 09:38 PM
I walked into the Kerr McGee Club and noticed they had reopened the bar. Its been years since they served any alcoholic beverages up there. They have ice cold beer on tap. For some reason the bar has been closed since the 2nd game after the club was built.

It looked like they had some other kinds of drinks but I didn't look closely.

They turned it into a dessert bar. They've moved the dessert bar to the ice cream area now. They also have an amazing catered BBQ buffet but they've had that for 3 years now. They still have the bistro concession and other goodies. Its really nice. It was nice to have an ice cold refreshing beer. :D

SoonerinLondon
9/9/2012, 11:15 PM
It's not the Kerr McGee Club anymore. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

MamaMia
9/10/2012, 01:14 AM
It's not the Kerr McGee Club anymore. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.Thats right. I saw that they had changed the sign to... Chesapeake Energy I think? That could be the reason. The other NCAA club levels I have heard about all serve cocktails, such as oSu, Alabama, Texas, and USC, just to name a few, so it never made sense to me that they shut the bar down after the one game, especially when marketing had been using that as a selling point.

Nobody appeared to be tipsy or anything during or after the game. :D

ouflak
9/10/2012, 01:57 AM
Nobody appeared to be tipsy or anything during or after the game. :D

Then they aren't serving enough beer. ;)

BermudaSooner
9/10/2012, 08:19 AM
Is the Kerr McGee/Chesapeake club on the East side? I didn't notice any beer in the Sanatee lounge, but then I wasn't looking for it....if I had known there was a possibility...well

BigTip
9/10/2012, 08:40 AM
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/336/5/f/homer_simpson_iphone_wallpaper_by_fouad_z-d343d9u.jpg

PrideMom
9/10/2012, 08:44 AM
Does Molly know about this??

85sooners
9/10/2012, 09:04 AM
Let's drink

Keller Sooner
9/10/2012, 01:18 PM
Stay thirsty my friends.

Seamus
9/10/2012, 01:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_VcRSUp5k0

badger
9/10/2012, 01:50 PM
I read (in Sports Illustrated I think) where fans have less and less reason to attend games in person than to just stay at home and watch on TV --- a more comfy chair, no traffic to fight or parking space to find, no line for the bathroom, cheap drinks and food, not having a tall person block your view or a fat person encroach on your butt space, etc.

I know that OU is a dry campus, but stadiums, ours included, need to keep incentives for fans to continue attending, or like me, they'll find excuses to stay home (baby badger is the cutest excuse in the world)