PDA

View Full Version : Why Obama Will Win The Election Sans A Bigger Economic Downturn

FaninAma
9/9/2012, 05:05 PM
Without an out and out meltdown in the economy(a stock market collapse or total collaspe of Europe) Obama will win re-election for two reasons:

1. Romney and the GOP have not presented a message that has really resonated with the electorate and instead are relying on anti-Obama sentiment.

2. For whatever reason the expectaions for economic achievement and opportunity has been lowered for a significant portion of the bottom 50% of our socioeconomic population. The sad thing is that , IMO,
they have even lower expectations for thier kids than they do for themselves.

What other reasons explain why so many people are accepting of the fact that reported and real unemployment remain historically high. Or explain why so many are ok with total employment percentages being at historical lows. Or explain why so many are ok with the increase in the number falling into poverty ?

Somebody has been succesful in lowering expectations for the country and this is not a good development.

yermom
9/9/2012, 05:11 PM
have i missed where Romney has said anything that would get people out of poverty?

isn't the GOP position to bootstrap themselves?

FaninAma
9/9/2012, 07:19 PM
have i missed where Romney has said anything that would get people out of poverty?

I freely admit Romney has not had a strong message. But where does Obama throw out any plans that alter the course of massive government deficit spending.

Personally I don't think either party will make the necessary tough choices. Eventually the tough choices will be made for them like they're being made for the European governments.

yermom
9/9/2012, 07:23 PM
everyone knows Obama is paying everyone's mortgage, etc...

cleller
9/9/2012, 07:25 PM

If people would get themselves out of poverty, instead of depending on the government so much, it would be a godsend.

That's another reason Romney will lose.

FaninAma
9/9/2012, 07:30 PM
If people would get themselves out of poverty, instead of depending on the government so much, it would be a godsend.

That's another reason Romney will lose.

Can't disagree.

Sooner5030
9/9/2012, 07:35 PM
O wins (bleh)
Ds hold onto senate (bleh)
Pubs hold onto lower house (bleh)

When does the circus actually go BK/Russia97/Argentina03?

I'm thinking we can keep this thing going until the next calculated recession. I use "calculated" as our natural economy has been wanting to contract but we've masked it with deficit spending for about 8 years now.