PDA

View Full Version : One lucky teen - sucked into storm sewer, survives 1500-foot trip through water

TitoMorelli
9/9/2012, 02:00 PM
'It was kind of like a waterslide:' Ohio teen travels quarter of a mile through sewer

Jeffrey LaPorta traveled more than a quarter of a mile Tuesday through multiple storm sewer pipes, at times completely submerged in water, before finding enough breathing room to await rescue. He was eventually pulled out of the sewer in less than an hour, with only scrapes and bruises.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/kind-a-waterslide-ohio-teen-travels-quarter-a-mile-sewer-article-1.1154779#ixzz2606IT71e

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2012, 03:23 PM
Lucky bastard.

8timechamps
9/9/2012, 09:36 PM
Something only a clueless teenager would say. Outstanding!

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2012, 11:10 PM
When I was a kid, we had a really really big pond that fed an irrigation pond about a 1/4 mile away. The big pond had this concrete housing where the overflow went in. Me and a couple of friends got up on top of the drainage housing one day and decided we were going to ride the pipe over to the irrigation pond. We all chickened out. I told my Dad about this around 20 years ago. He said that there was a grate right at water level in the pipe to keep fish from flowing through and we would have hung there and drowned if we would have tried that. It made the hair stand up on my arms.

olevetonahill
9/10/2012, 06:26 AM
Ya got it backerds it was Miguel who were the lucky one . He dint get pulled into the drain:tongue: