PDA

View Full Version : poke fans a little testy at church today

picasso
9/9/2012, 11:47 AM
I comforted a guy in my class this morning and he was all in defensive mode, "You guys will see what it's like when you lose your starting QB next year." whoa.

SapulpaSooner
9/9/2012, 11:51 AM
We have some guy by the name of Blake bell ready to step in next year

TitoMorelli
9/9/2012, 11:51 AM
I comforted a guy in my class this morning and he was all in defensive mode, "You guys will see what it's like when you lose your starting QB next year." whoa.

Love it. You were probably more charitable than he deserved. Try this next time they take it on the chin:

pVY1-v97Mic

olevetonahill
9/9/2012, 11:52 AM
Ya shoulda got him a Binky

http://www.lilomaternity.com/blog/images/baby-crying.jpg

Wishboned
9/9/2012, 11:56 AM

Their quarterback threw for over 400 yards. He wasn't the problem.

DenverSooner751
9/9/2012, 11:58 AM

Pretty much what I was thinking about too.

picasso
9/9/2012, 12:00 PM
I disagree. Lunt threw several picks, including one for a TD. The TO ratio changes when you go from old man to baby child.

MamaMia
9/9/2012, 12:10 PM
I overslept and missed church today, but the pokes there never say much anymore unless its about Bedlam.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/9/2012, 12:26 PM
Their quarterback threw for over 400 yards. He wasn't the problem.Yeah, you might say that the oa defense was a little bit soft. Also, the ags thought a win was inevitable. not a good combination for them. Now, if only t-bone would pull the plug...

Widescreen
9/9/2012, 01:06 PM
Lunt was not their main problem although he had a hand in it. When you're -4 on turnovers and have 150 yards in penalties, you're not going to win.

SoonerorLater
9/9/2012, 01:40 PM

Poke fans are some of the most religious, church going people on the face of the earth. In our church OU Fans are outnumbered at least 3 to 1. If you think about it you HAVE to have an unshakeable faith in a higher power to believe the Pokes can have a winning football program.

thunderfan
9/9/2012, 01:47 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8171/7964557634_81f95c2fdd_b.jpg

Wishboned
9/9/2012, 01:47 PM
Poke fans are some of the most religious, church going people on the face of the earth. In our church OU Fans are outnumbered at least 3 to 1. If you think about it you HAVE to have an unshakeable faith in a higher power to believe the Pokes can have a winning football program.

They are the Job's of the college football world.

stoopified
9/9/2012, 01:48 PM
Poke fans are some of the most religious, church going people on the face of the earth. In our church OU Fans are outnumbered at least 3 to 1. If you think about it you HAVE to have an unshakeable faith in a higher power to believe the Pokes can have a winning football program.True dat,you have to believe in miracles.

TitoMorelli
9/9/2012, 01:53 PM

They're gonna be in for a big shock on Judgement Day when they discover that Jesus and Pistol Pete aren't the same person.

MamaMia
9/9/2012, 01:54 PM
My church has way more Sooner fans than oSu fans. Even the priest is a Sooner fan and has an OU license plate and emblem on his car.

9/9/2012, 02:02 PM
My church has way more Sooner fans than oSu fans. Even the priest is a Sooner fan and has an OU license plate and emblem on his car.That's cuz you live in an urban area.

badger
9/9/2012, 02:29 PM
I work and live among rational and cordial poke fans... you know, the alums that didnt throw on an orange shirt after last season's success.

I fully expect there to be more irrational and testy pokes this season... ones that don't realize that it is a dream season the have any of the following:
-a winning, bowl bound season
-a win over gooner
-a first round pick (or two?!)
-a sizable season ticket list
-and not too many noticeable empty seats for any game except gooner

The problem for pokes? Gundy had his "contract year" so theyre paying him to win 11 when more likely, he'll win 6, 7 with a sh!t tier bowl

Soonermagik
9/9/2012, 04:39 PM
They are bringing along Blake Bell who will know this offense forwards and backwards. Not to mention, Blake will have plenty of snaps under his belt by next season. Starting a true freshman almost guarantees 2 years of growing pains. The pokes are going to be down for several seasons, but they should be used to that. :)

bluedogok
9/9/2012, 05:12 PM
"You guys will see what it's like when you lose your starting QB next year."
Yeah...we will never know what it is to replace a Heisman winner, first draft pick QB with a redshirt freshman when the starter goes out for the year in the first game of the season...

Tulsa_Fireman
9/9/2012, 06:25 PM
Exactly what I thought.

What a homo.

Sabanball
9/9/2012, 08:46 PM
So glad to see Okie Light go down, 84-0 is just plain wrong. Either don't schedule a team like that or show some class and respect. Oh wait, we ARE talking about the Cryboys....

badger
9/9/2012, 08:50 PM
Yeah...we will never know what it is to replace a Heisman winner, first draft pick QB with a redshirt freshman when the starter goes out for the year in the first game of the season...

And then we shut them out. D'oh! :stunned:

MamaMia
9/9/2012, 09:10 PM
oSu fans have very selective memories.

OUmillenium
9/9/2012, 09:19 PM
image saved...thank you

Breadburner
9/9/2012, 10:16 PM
Black and Orange to the back of the closet.....heh.......!!

goingoneight
9/9/2012, 10:48 PM
You guys will see what it's like when you lose your starting QB next year."

Because we suck so bad when breaking in a new starting QB. :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
9/10/2012, 12:13 AM
It only took one year and a BCS Bowl Game and by the 1st game of the next Season (the 1st game doesn't count - even Boone Picker knows it doesn't count...lol), reality slaps them in the face like running through a smokehouse full of sausages.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Yncvo7WmI8E/S-FTOp2TMYI/AAAAAAAAAxc/ExSOioTa8Kg/s1600/sausageman.jpg

winout
9/10/2012, 12:18 AM
They are bringing along Blake Bell who will know this offense forwards and backwards. Not to mention, Blake will have plenty of snaps under his belt by next season. Starting a true freshman almost guarantees 2 years of growing pains. The pokes are going to be down for several seasons, but they should be used to that. :)

Stoops will stumble into next year with a new starter with experience. Wonder if he will learn anything through it?

Anyone notice if Mike Price let his backup play the 1st series of the 2nd quarter against us? That was his M.O. at Wazzu.

TFSooner
9/10/2012, 12:36 PM

That was my first thought. We had to replace our first round qb during the first half of the first game, not in the spring.

badger
9/10/2012, 01:01 PM
So glad to see Okie Light go down, 84-0 is just plain wrong. Either don't schedule a team like that or show some class and respect. Oh wait, we ARE talking about the Cryboys....

So, Sabbie... how's your little orange in-state brother faring lately? :D

picasso
9/10/2012, 01:12 PM
I didn't realize Arizona only scored 17 on Toledo.

XingTheRubicon
9/10/2012, 01:32 PM
Poke told me "it was the refs" and I agreed with him by saying, "yeah, I hate when the refs give the other team 60 points."

Poke looks at me.

I look back at him.

We simultaneously realize he's too stupid to know if that was a dig at his pokes.

The end.

picasso
9/10/2012, 05:29 PM
Reminds me of the time I sat by a KSU fan at the Big 12 Championship in 2000, he started talking about how Mike Stoops lost the same game for them in '98 and as he was telling me this I got up and moved to another seat...

C&CDean
9/10/2012, 05:31 PM
Down here in the Pauls Valley there's usually orange shirts everywhere. Nary a one today. Kinda nice.

9/10/2012, 05:36 PM
oSu fans have very selective memories.thereby sharing that trait with another group that is in our midst.

StoopTroup
9/10/2012, 05:53 PM
Reminds me of the time I sat by a KSU fan at the Big 12 Championship in 2000, he started talking about how Mike Stoops lost the same game for them in '98 and as he was telling me this I got up and moved to another seat...

They could of hired Brent Venables this year to help them beat Mike....LMAO