PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Thing heard in the stands

BermudaSooner
9/9/2012, 10:47 AM
When Stills hits the wall behind the endzone right by the band who was filing out for the halftime show.

"Come on band! You guys are 5 deep in trombone and tuba! Somebody throw a body in front of Kenny!"

MsProudSooner
9/9/2012, 10:52 AM
When Stills hits the wall behind the endzone right by the band who was filing out for the halftime show.

"Come on band! You guys are 5 deep in trombone and tuba! Somebody throw a body in front of Kenny!"

I had the exact same thought! The band is supposed to keep any Sooner from hitting the brick wall!

SoonerStormchaser
9/9/2012, 10:56 AM
And the fact they keep playing the same **** from 10 years ago...I think we should use Brian Britt as a blocking dummy.

stoopified
9/9/2012, 01:57 PM
Band geeks got no cojones......isn't that why they are in band?

badger
9/9/2012, 02:38 PM
A few years ago... 2005 i think... a nebrasky big dude ran a blocking drill right into a ruf nek pledge. He his the back of his head against a sideline brick wall. He was bleeding outta his mouth, i think from losing teeth.

While it woulda been something for a band member to try to take one for the team, kenny had a helmet and shoulder pads to cushion the blow. If a dinky little flute girl hits the wall after getting hit by kenny? Ambulance, hospital, sad face.

We really should cushion our walls. Bricks? They look nice but they are injuries waiting to (and already have) happened.

Ok rant over. Please resume questioning why band is playing latin fire show segment circa 2001 after a good play. :P

KantoSooner
9/9/2012, 02:52 PM
Those effing walls have been injuring players since I was there in the mid-1980's at least. Can't the endzones, at a minimum, have pads on them?
It didn't hurt the integrity of the game to cushion goal posts in the 1960's and 70's.
Just sayin'

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2012, 03:03 PM
A few years ago... 2005 i think... a nebrasky big dude ran a blocking drill right into a ruf nek pledge. He his the back of his head against a sideline brick wall. He was bleeding outta his mouth, i think from losing teeth.

While it woulda been something for a band member to try to take one for the team, kenny had a helmet and shoulder pads to cushion the blow. If a dinky little flute girl hits the wall after getting hit by kenny? Ambulance, hospital, sad face.

We really should cushion our walls. Bricks? They look nice but they are injuries waiting to (and already have) happened.

Ok rant over. Please resume questioning why band is playing latin fire show segment circa 2001 after a good play. :PI remember that. If you're on the field, keep your head on a swivel...:)

8timechamps
9/9/2012, 03:11 PM
I'm surprised Nike hasn't jumped at the chance to plaster their logo on a pad behind the goal posts.