PDA

View Full Version : Dont know a thing about the Tulane player that was hurt

olevetonahill
9/9/2012, 08:43 AM
But from everything Ive read hes a great kid
Is there a Place to donate a few bucks to his family?
I cant imagine what his Momma is going thru right now with her son far from home :concern:

marfacowboy
9/9/2012, 08:46 AM
Here's a story (http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/2012/09/tulane_team_dr_greg_stewart_sa.html) in the Times Picayune.

Tulane safety Devon Walker had some feeling in his arms and legs, but long-term paralysis risk is unknown, says Tulane team Dr. Greg Stewart

The long term possibility of Tulane safety Devon Walker being paralyzed from the neck injury he incurred in today’s game at Tulsa is “unknown” Green Wave team Dr. Greg Stewart said Saturday evening. Walker fractured his cervical spine -- basically a neck break, but did have some feeling in his arms and legs, Stewart said.

Tulane safety Devon Walker, rear, suffered a spine injury on this play at the end of the first half Saturday against Tulsa.
Walker, a senior who sustained a head-on accidental hit from teammate and defensive lineman Julius Warmsley in the final play of the first half, is in St. Francis Hospital in Tulsa, in traction and readying for spinal surgery – which he will have in Tulsa, Stewart said.
“I think it’s unknown,” Stewart said. “We talked to the (team) tonight about it and the reality is you don’t know for 24 to 48 hours. It doesn’t matter how they present. You do that 24-48 hours before you really know what is going on. … That’s what I told the guys is what we know is that we don’t know and anyone who comes out and tells you that they do know – they don’t know. The reality of where we are right now is saying our prayers and sitting and waiting.”

olevetonahill
9/9/2012, 08:48 AM
A young man NEEDS his Momma at times like this

cherokeebrewer
9/9/2012, 08:50 AM
Always hate to hear something like this. Hope he gets ok...

olevetonahill
9/9/2012, 08:51 AM
Thats all well and Good Myfart
But is there a way to Help get this young mans Momma out here?

Bourbon St Sooner
9/9/2012, 10:42 AM
Haven't heard anything about a fund to help the young man. I would assume the medical bills will be taken care of by the University.

According to the paper, he was a walk-on that earned a scholarship. He's a biology major and apparently a good student so hopefully he recovers and goes on to a prosperous life.

olevetonahill
9/9/2012, 10:44 AM
Haven't heard anything about a fund to help the young man. I would assume the medical bills will be taken care of by the University.

According to the paper, he was a walk-on that earned a scholarship. He's a biology major and apparently a good student so hopefully he recovers and goes on to a prosperous life.

Oh Im sure the medical is taken care of
Im thinkin more along the lines of helping His Momma get out here to be with him.

OU_Sooners75
9/9/2012, 12:39 PM
Vet kim sure the school will help her get to see her son. There are some things the NCAA allows and I think that is one.

Memtig14
9/9/2012, 12:51 PM
They now have an "emergency" fund for things like this. A lot of this came about because of Switzer.