PDA

View Full Version : The Jesse Paulsen thread

cleller
9/9/2012, 08:23 AM
Having no way to access the PPV, and not finding that link to the game on the computer until halftime, I was another one grabbing my roster to see who Jesse Paulsen was when he replaced Jefferson.
It sounds like (according to Stoops) he was out of position when Hurst got beat, and FAMU scored that 75 yard TD.

So he's a SR, former walk on. He does show to be Jefferson's backup on the depth chart. I think he plays on special teams. Staring at the computer screen, I couldn't tell anything about his play in the second half, how was he?

Hopefully Jefferson will be back quickly, just curious.

cherokeebrewer
9/9/2012, 08:28 AM
He did good except for that one bust in coverage...plays with intensity!

MojoRisen
9/9/2012, 08:44 AM
Flying around making plays - getting props. Got reemed pretty good for the bust - but other than that made some plays.

PhiDeltBeers
9/9/2012, 08:48 AM
Didn't realize it was him on the bust, but I thought he played really well. He was in on a lot of plays.

cleller
9/9/2012, 08:55 AM
He did good except for that one bust in coverage...plays with intensity!

Thanks to the HolaKyle highlights, I saw him make a nice tackle for a loss on FAMU. He does look intense, like a special teams guy.

Mjcpr
9/9/2012, 09:08 AM
How can our #2 safety be a SR walk on??

FirstandGoal
9/9/2012, 09:12 AM

^^^^^^ This has me somewhat concerned.

Wishboned
9/9/2012, 09:30 AM

Our #1 running back last year was a junior walk on.

cleller
9/9/2012, 09:38 AM
Roger Steffen was a walk on. He was solid, some guys just turn out that way. Plenty of 4 and 5 star guys are letdowns.

Mjcpr
9/9/2012, 09:51 AM
Our #1 running back last year was a junior walk on.

Yes, and he did a good job, however, he will likely find himself on the bench or #2 from here on out. I guess I'd just prefer my front line guys to be scholarship athletes rather than walk ons, call me crazy.

Wishboned
9/9/2012, 09:54 AM
Yes, and he did a good job, however, he will likely find himself on the bench or #2 from here on out. I guess I'd just prefer my front line guys to be scholarship athletes rather than walk ons, call me crazy.

I prefer my guys to be the best ones for the position regardless of scholarship status. Call me crazy.

Mjcpr
9/9/2012, 09:55 AM
I prefer my guys to be the best ones for the position regardless of scholarship status. Call me crazy.

Okay. Rock on then.

BoulderSooner79
9/9/2012, 10:02 AM

Because he earned it maybe? And he is a former walk on, meaning he earned a schollie as well as the spot on the depth chart. Geez people, picking on a new DB that comes into the game is as old as the game of football itself. FAMU tried the same play later in the game and it didn't work because Paulsen/Hurst were in position. That one play probably prepared him for future games better than any amount of practice could if he is called upon. This is the exact type of game you want it to happen and there is no reason to have a cow over it.

Shaz-Bot
9/9/2012, 10:04 AM
His name is Jesse Paulsen! His name is Jesse Paulsen!

okiewaker
9/9/2012, 10:04 AM
I thought the kid played well,,,especially run support.

MojoRisen
9/9/2012, 10:05 AM
Hurst got beat - Pualson just turned it into a TD because he wasnt deep. The guy is a gamer!

stoopified
9/9/2012, 10:10 AM
He did good except for that one bust in coverage...plays with intensity!the expression PLAYING WITH HIS HAIR ON FIRE comes to mind.

AZSOONER
9/9/2012, 10:13 AM
His name is Jesse Paulsen! His name is Jesse Paulsen!

After I chanted that a few times I turned to my buddy and mentioned to him that Paulsen reminded me of Roy Williams, the way he threw himself around the field. He looked good yesterday, I didn't realize it was him on the busted coverage either.

BoulderSooner79
9/9/2012, 10:25 AM
After I chanted that a few times I turned to my buddy and mentioned to him that Paulsen reminded me of Roy Williams, the way he threw himself around the field. He looked good yesterday, I didn't realize it was him on the busted coverage either.

I thought he played well from what I saw. As mentioned by others, it wasn't his fault the passed was complete, but he should have been deeper to stop it from being a scoring play. I thought the best part about this game other than being a confidence builder was the fact that many backup player got meaningful playing time.

picasso
9/9/2012, 11:50 AM
Our safeties haven't exactly panned out thus far. That's why I'm excited about Mike being back.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/9/2012, 12:33 PM
I prefer my guys to be the best ones for the position regardless of scholarship status. Call me crazy.no shiite!!!

8timechamps
9/9/2012, 12:51 PM
Hurst got beat - Pualson just turned it into a TD because he wasnt deep. The guy is a gamer!

Not really. We were playing two-man under, and Paulson didn't fade enough. I'm sure it'll come for him, but on that play, it was Paulson that got beat. Hurst just happened to be in pursuit after the catch.

FaninAma
9/9/2012, 01:07 PM

By working hard and persevering. The same way several walk-ons played pivotal roles in our 2000 national championship.

swardboy
9/9/2012, 01:14 PM
Vick?

cleller
9/9/2012, 01:15 PM
After I chanted that a few times I turned to my buddy and mentioned to him that Paulsen reminded me of Roy Williams, the way he threw himself around the field.

I thought the same thing on the hit he made behind the line of scrimmage, but was afraid to compare him to The Roy Williams.