PDA

View Full Version : All former Big 12 teams beat today.

PhiDeltBeers
9/8/2012, 10:31 PM
:very_drunk:

Wishboned
9/8/2012, 10:33 PM
They went to what they thought were greener pastures only to realize they were the fertilizer.

BoulderSooner79
9/8/2012, 10:39 PM
I was hoping Sumlin could win, but it was a long shot given a new coaching staff and a new system in their first game.

MountainOkie
9/8/2012, 10:40 PM
Sacramento State beat Colorado. HAHAAHAHAHA!

I love it!

MO_Sooner
9/8/2012, 10:40 PM
Gonna be a fun week here in Missouri for this Sooner fan! All I hear is how "GREAT" Mizzwho is.

sendbaht
9/8/2012, 10:46 PM
Yep, noticed this too....funny as heck!

SicEmBaylor
9/8/2012, 10:48 PM
I was hoping Sumlin could win, but it was a long shot given a new coaching staff and a new system in their first game.

Why would you ever want those pieces of mother ****ing ********* *********** fAggots to win a damned thing? I hope, every day, for Brazos County to be swallowed up by the Earth. I want Sumlin to do nothing but fail. I want Aggie to do nothing but fail. I want every single player that ever puts on the Maroon jersey to fail at football, to fail at life, and to be damned in the here after.

A pox upon those bastards.

tycat947
9/8/2012, 10:51 PM
LOVE IT!!! Aggies couldn't beat a mediocre Fla team. MIZ...ZOU! Sucks! Loss to Ga! CU loses at home to SAC STATE!!! Huskers lose to Uclans!!!

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2012, 10:51 PM
Sacramento State beat Colorado. HAHAAHAHAHA!

I love it!

And the mighty Hornets are coached by a guy named...

Marshall Sperbeck!

picasso
9/8/2012, 11:48 PM
Good lord those Mizzou uniforms were hideous. The designer needs to turn in his color chart.

And those helmets hurt my eyes.

soonergirlNeugene
9/8/2012, 11:50 PM
looked like a high school team

prrriiide
9/9/2012, 12:58 AM
Why would you ever want those pieces of mother ****ing ********* *********** fAggots to win a damned thing? I hope, every day, for Brazos County to be swallowed up by the Earth. I want Sumlin to do nothing but fail. I want Aggie to do nothing but fail. I want every single player that ever puts on the Maroon jersey to fail at football, to fail at life, and to be damned in the here after.

Oh, come on sicem. I like Sumlin. I want him to succeed. I just want him to do it someplace besides collie station. But aggy? Yeah, they can EABOD.

StoopTroup
9/9/2012, 01:18 AM
Sorry about Kevin but I called both of them to lose.

It's called pressure and both mizzou and the 12th man choked to death today

VA Sooner
9/9/2012, 01:25 AM
No kidding? All of them lost... ha.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/9/2012, 02:08 AM
Q:Why did they leave the conference? A: they are quitters. Big things will come to none of them, prolly EVAR!

MamaMia
9/9/2012, 03:19 AM
They left us in a bind with very little notice. We had to scramble in order to realign our conference, which totally screwed up our scheduling. They came up with a bunch of excuses why they were leaving, most of which never came close to the real truth. If they continue to lose games and actually end up having worse seasons now than they did while in the Big 12, they will most likely start having second thoughts. Today anyway, they all got a little piece of karma.

Breadburner
9/9/2012, 06:25 AM
Huskers beat too....Hehe.....

TitoMorelli
9/9/2012, 08:03 AM
Anyone hear how many freshmen were starting for the Bruins last night? Seven or eight? Unbelievable.

As for Georgia-Mizzou, heard that the Bulldogs played without four suspended starters on defense. LB Jarvis Jones made up for all of them last night.

Loved both those outcomes.

SoonerorLater
9/9/2012, 08:36 AM
ATM and Mizzou's mediocrity will follow them wherever they go. As for Colorado they are train wreck in motion. It just gets worse and worse. How do you lose to a team like Sacramento St? Just an awful program.

zeke
9/9/2012, 09:03 AM

^this^

85sooners
9/9/2012, 09:10 AM
Phuck em all

badger
9/9/2012, 10:25 AM
Nebby fans have always been nice, but despite his status as ex-sooner coordinator, bo seems to be a bit of a... yeah.

Eff colorado. Didnt care for them ever since they didnt bring fans to either big 12 title game we beat em in.

Eff mizzou. They only thing they were ever good for were bringing big markets, not winning championships.

Eff texas a&m, even though sumlin is a nice guy and capable coach. The aggies dont deserve a capable coach after firing r.c. they deserve someone like todd graham who'll come and go depending on where the pasture is green

bluedogok
9/9/2012, 10:33 AM
ATM and Mizzou's mediocrity will follow them wherever they go. As for Colorado they are train wreck in motion. It just gets worse and worse. How do you lose to a team like Sacramento St? Just an awful program.
I think CU has their "John Blake" as head coach right now, an alum who has the job because other high profile guys turned the job down and he is cheap (base salary of $250,000 a year for head coach Jon Embree and OC Eric Bieniemy) and is in way over his head.

BuffZone.com - CU regents approve Buffs football coaches' $250,000-a-year contracts (http://www.buffzone.com/football/ci_17461590)

CSU lost to North Dakota State which is at least one of the better teams in I-AA, their first year HC was Alabama's OC last season (Jim McElwain) and he was left with less than Hawkins left at CU.

SunnySooner
9/9/2012, 10:39 AM
It was extra delicious to be a Soonerfan yesterday. If SUC and whorns had lost, I think my head might have exploded. Not that that's a bad thing.

olevetonahill
9/9/2012, 10:49 AM

I wish you would not be so reticent about your feelings .

Bourbon St Sooner
9/9/2012, 10:56 AM
Colorado is such a train wreck of a program. We should send Larry Scott a big bouquet for taking those dooshbags off our hands. And Utah lost to Utah State the other night. They really upgraded their conference. OH, I get it. They added some tv sets for their conference network but their overall product is still ****.

RiddlerOK
9/9/2012, 11:05 AM
So........anybody want to post an over/under on which team asks to come back to the Big XII first?

stoopified
9/9/2012, 01:52 PM
LOVE IT!!! Aggies couldn't beat a mediocre Fla team. MIZ...ZOU! Sucks! Loss to Ga! CU loses at home to SAC STATE!!! Huskers lose to Uclans!!!Glad to see I am not alone in savoring the misery of our former brethern.

8timechamps
9/9/2012, 03:06 PM
Colorado is just about as bad as a team in the FBS can be. They could very possibly go winless this year.

As a college football fan living in Colorado, it really is better when the Buffs are winning some. As it is now, you'd never know it was college football season if you listen to the local media.

I have a receptionist that is a huge CU fan, and she told me all week that they lost to Colorado State last week because CSU is going to sneak up on everyone and be a great program this year. CSU promptly lost to North Dakota State yesterday. CU just really, really sucks.

SoonerorLater
9/9/2012, 03:59 PM
Colorado is just about as bad as a team in the FBS can be. They could very possibly go winless this year.

As a college football fan living in Colorado, it really is better when the Buffs are winning some. As it is now, you'd never know it was college football season if you listen to the local media.

I have a receptionist that is a huge CU fan, and she told me all week that they lost to Colorado State last week because CSU is going to sneak up on everyone and be a great program this year. CSU promptly lost to North Dakota State yesterday. CU just really, really sucks.

I try to think how the CU program could end up in such shambles and the only thing I can think of is just a total lack of interest. Colorado is probably the most Pro-Sports Centric state there is, along with some of NE States that don't field much in the way of College Football teams. I think that the Broncos just suck the air out of the room as football goes and there isn't much left for the Buffs.

8timechamps
9/9/2012, 04:06 PM
I try to think how the CU program could end up in such shambles and the only thing I can think of is just a total lack of interest. Colorado is probably the most Pro-Sports Centric state there is, along with some of NE States that don't field much in the way of College Football teams. I think that the Broncos just suck the air out of the room as football goes and there isn't much left for the Buffs.

Yep. that pretty much sums it up. The Broncos rule the roost here, and everything else takes a back seat.

SunnySooner
9/9/2012, 04:08 PM

Growing up in OK, you don't realize the appeal, fascination, and dedication NFL teams draw from their fans. After having now lived in several of those cities (Pats, Skins/Ravens, Seahawks and Jags--the one that stuck, go figure), it's a BFD. They love their city teams as much as we love our Sooners, they obsess, they buy all the crap, they hang flags from their homes, they tailgate, etc. Because we are first Sooners, we are very laid back Neffel fans, but we're the exception. I can't imagine being raised a Pat or a Skin and then trying to get that same level of excitement for a college I didn't attend but happens to be in my state. Doesn't happen, and yeah, it hurts CU. We draw rabid fans from the entire state, it's a generational thing, etc. Same thing happens in CO, it's just for the Broncs, not the Buffs.

Sucks to be them!!! And they suck in return, I just have a teeny bit of sympathy. I'll get it stomped out, don't worry. :)

8timechamps
9/9/2012, 04:14 PM
Growing up in OK, you don't realize the appeal, fascination, and dedication NFL teams draw from their fans. After having now lived in several of those cities (Pats, Skins/Ravens, Seahawks and Jags--the one that stuck, go figure), it's a BFD. They love their city teams as much as we love our Sooners, they obsess, they buy all the crap, they hang flags from their homes, they tailgate, etc. Because we are first Sooners, we are very laid back Neffel fans, but we're the exception. I can't imagine being raised a Pat or a Skin and then trying to get that same level of excitement for a college I didn't attend but happens to be in my state. Doesn't happen, and yeah, it hurts CU. We draw rabid fans from the entire state, it's a generational thing, etc. Same thing happens in CO, it's just for the Broncs, not the Buffs.

Sucks to be them!!! And they suck in return, I just have a teeny bit of sympathy. I'll get it stomped out, don't worry. :)

I always make fun of the people that are over-the-top about the Broncos (getting tattoos, spray painting their house, etc.). But, when I stop and think about it, I am pretty die-hard about my school and the Sooners. I wonder if OK had an NFL team when I was growing up if I would have been such a die-hard Sooner.

9/9/2012, 04:23 PM
I always make fun of the people that are over-the-top about the Broncos (getting tattoos, spray painting their house, etc.). But, when I stop and think about it, I am pretty die-hard about my school and the Sooners. I wonder if OK had an NFL team when I was growing up if I would have been such a die-hard Sooner.lotta OK people went gaga over the Thunder, even though their star was an outspoken Sooner hater. God only knows what a pro football city team would do in OKC. I live in Phoenix, and it's certain to me that ASU football is a remote second fiddle to the Cardinals pro football team.

8timechamps
9/9/2012, 04:30 PM
lotta OK people went gaga over the Thunder, even though their star was an outspoken Sooner hater. God only knows what a pro football city team would do in OKC. I live in Phoenix, and it's certain to me that ASU football is a remote second fiddle to the Cardinals pro football team.

I wonder if an NFL team would garner the support needed to survive in Oklahoma. I'm sure it would early, but if the team wasn't competitive, I'm not sure how long it would last. OKC has changed a lot since I left, seems much more like a "real" city now. Maybe it would work.

SoonerorLater
9/9/2012, 04:40 PM

Yes but every place isn't like that. Texas has to NFL teams and Longhorn football is huge. Florida still loves the Gators. I lived in Atlanta for a good while and the Falcons are just an afterthought, UGA Football is king (along with NASCAR). Colorado is a unique situation.

bluedogok
9/9/2012, 04:48 PM
I had this same discussion with a NYC fan (Yankees/Giants/Knicks/Rangers) who grew up in NYC but was working in OKC in the mid-80's, I pretty much told him that whatever environment you grow up in usually determines your perspective. He could not understand the attraction of college sports, he went to a small, non-sports playing school in NYC. I told him that pro sports were pretty much something that was in the NE and Midwest until the Dodgers and Giants moved from NYC to California. Back then there was very little coverage of pro sports outside of that region and in this region the closest pro team of any type was the St. Louis Cardinals and the reach of KMOX in the region created some Cards fans but other than that pro sports were non-existent for the most part. For those reasons college sports became the predominant sports entertainment south of the Baltimore/DC area and west of St. Louis. Minor league baseball was definitely more popular in those days in the areas outside of major league markets. The advent of televised pro sports nationwide created mass market appeal for pro sports in regions where they never existed but for the most part the allegiance to your home state school(s) was stronger because you didn't have the same kind of bond because you didn't grow up with it.

Growing up in OKC I always liked the regional teams but for some reason I was mainly a Dolphins fan, I wanted Dallas, KC and Denver to do well since those were the regional teams that I followed but I didn't want them to beat the Dolphins. That changed when the Dolphins ownership changed and how they treated Shula and Marino, so I switched over to becoming a Broncos fan first. I may be a Broncos fan but it still doesn't have the same "pull" on me as OU does.

SunnySooner
9/9/2012, 04:50 PM
Yes but every place isn't like that. Texas has to NFL teams and Longhorn football is huge. Florida still loves the Gators. I lived in Atlanta for a good while and the Falcons are just an afterthought, UGA Football is king (along with NASCAR). Colorado is a unique situation.

I think that's almost more of a southern thing, where college football was a full-fledged religion before any NFL teams showed up. The NE could not care less about college ball, same thing in WA state...very little CFB coverage, whereas in Florida it was year round.

bluedogok
9/9/2012, 05:05 PM
lotta OK people went gaga over the Thunder, even though their star was an outspoken Sooner hater. God only knows what a pro football city team would do in OKC. I live in Phoenix, and it's certain to me that ASU football is a remote second fiddle to the Cardinals pro football team.
I think a lot of that can be attributed to the "transplant" factor, there are a bunch of them in Phoenix, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Denver and now in Austin. All of those people brought their prior allegiance with them, about half the people in my office here in Denver are fans of teams other than the Broncos because they grew up somewhere else. Most of the ones who are Bronco fans are Colorado natives or had spent most of their life in Colorado including the owners who are OU alums who moved up here in the early 80's.

Most of the people that I knew in Dallas were not Cowboy fans because they were from the Northeast or Midwest and Austin has people from all over. The office that I previously worked at in Austin varied greatly with the number of Whorns but we got to a point where there was only one left in our office, most of us were from outside the state of Texas (Ball State, Michigan, Nebraska, Miami of Ohio/Virgina Tech, Columbia, Illinois, Savannah College of Art and Design), we only had three from Texas (UT, Tech, Texas State). OUt of the out-of-state schools only the guy who went to Columbia was a Texas native (Corpus Christi), everyone else grew up elsewhere. To listen to some of those who have lived in Austin for 30-40 years the Longhorns are not near as dominant as they used to be in the minds of people, most of the people that I knew in Austin were not affiliated with the Longhorns in any way. Too many from elsewhere have moved there in the last 20 years, most lament that only the local media there is still Longhorn-centric but the city no longer is. Of course most of them wish it would have stayed the college town that it was when they went to school there and the Whorns was the be all/end all of everything and everything was cheaper.

9/9/2012, 05:07 PM
Yes but every place isn't like that. Texas has to NFL teams and Longhorn football is huge. Florida still loves the Gators. I lived in Atlanta for a good while and the Falcons are just an afterthought, UGA Football is king (along with NASCAR). Colorado is a unique situation.The revered college teams you mentioned do NOT have pro teams in their city

SoonerorLater
9/9/2012, 06:50 PM
The revered college teams you mentioned do NOT have pro teams in their city

? Neither does Boulder. I lived in Florida for a while also. UF Football is as big across the state as any pro team. In Georgia it doesn't make much difference where you go college football is a bigger draw. When I lived there it was zero problem to get tickets to the Falcons. UGA Football is consistently sold out.

My point is that a large percentage of Coloradro residents just don't identify with college football.

8timechamps
9/9/2012, 07:02 PM
? Neither does Boulder. I lived in Florida for a while also. UF Football is as big across the state as any pro team. In Georgia it doesn't make much difference where you go college football is a bigger draw. When I lived there it was zero problem to get tickets to the Falcons. UGA Football is consistently sold out.

My point is that a large percentage of Coloradro residents just don't identify with college football.

In fairness to his point, Boulder is almost a suburb of Denver. Austin sits pretty far away from the NFL cities. To your point though, even in Ft. Collins (Colorado State), the folks see college football as a social affair. Even a few years (or more) ago, when CSU had a decent team, they couldn't fill their small stadium.

It's kind of strange, because high school football has become pretty big in Colorado (still not on the OK/TX level), and youth football is big...just not college. Really, anything other than the Broncos isn't really interesting to most of the folks here.

bluedogok
9/9/2012, 08:07 PM
Boulder is to Denver what Norman is to OKC, pretty much a suburb. I have a few co-workers who commute to LoDo from Boulder. I think if CU was anything near what they were in the early 90's when they competed at the top of the Big 8 there would be more interest there. They would still wouldn't be anything near the Broncos but they wouldn't be an afterthought like they are now.

StoopTroup
9/9/2012, 11:50 PM
Once that Waco Team is in the Mid-America Conference the Big XII will be rid of another loser.

SicEmBaylor
9/9/2012, 11:59 PM
Once that Waco Team is in the Mid-America Conference the Big XII will be rid of another loser.

This coming from a guy who almost never makes a correct prediction, never has any noteworthy football related insight (or non-football related for that matter), sees absolutely nothing wrong with anything anyone does on the OU coaching staff, and thinks Landry Jones is the second coming of Joe Montana.

Every day I wait for you to make ONE just ONE correct statement about...well...anything but every single day you disappoint me. Until that day I'll continue to treat you as the family's crazy uncle while I roll my eyes at your nonsensical posts and dementia-esque rants.

goingoneight
9/10/2012, 12:40 AM
So, what we learned was this:

aTm, while in the BIG 12 can jump out to first half leads and choke in the second half.

When in the SEC, aTm can jump out to first half leads and choke in the second half.

Mizzou gets embarassed by top-flite teams from the BIG 12.

Mizzou gets embarassed by top-flite teams from the SEC.

I tell ya, ESPN. I sure learned a lot about the difference between the BIG 12 and the SEC this weekend.

9/10/2012, 12:47 AM

My point is that a large percentage of Coloradro residents just don't identify with college football.You could be right, or at least partially right. But, I do think of Boulder as part of the Denver metro, much as Norman is part of OKC. CU has played a second fiddle roll to one or more teams in the Big7, Big 8 and then Big 12, though, and that could be a factor too.(except for the Bill McCartney years)

StoopTroup
9/10/2012, 01:02 AM
Musta struck a nerve.

Ban Baylor.

Now that TCU is in the Big XII, there's no need for a small Nursing School in the Conference.

StoopTroup
9/10/2012, 01:11 AM
Funny how I went from 500 VCash to 1500 this week but I never get a prediction right.

ROTFLMFAO!

I think I might keep doing this Sports Betting thing here.

StoopTroup
9/10/2012, 01:16 AM
Anyone ever have their Moped stolen?

Is that even a reportable offense?

:D

9/10/2012, 02:04 AM
Once that Waco Team is in the Mid-America Conference the Big XII will be rid of another loser.Baylor hasn't been a big winner in football, but they aren't crybaby losers from the coaches and administration, and haven't made any moves to leave the conference as far as I remember. I will admit that going to Waco is about as excitiong as going to Lawton or Abilene, though.

HToady
9/10/2012, 01:58 PM
Another way to look at it,

Pac 12's two pick up both lose. CU to Sac State at home, Utah to that power house Utah State. Both new SEC teams lose at home.

Meanwhile Big 12's new pickups are undefeated.

tycat947
9/10/2012, 03:27 PM

When? When? WHEN??? The Sooner the better!!!

StoopTroup
9/10/2012, 03:55 PM
2013. We can only hope.