PDA

View Full Version : OUr Weaknesses

JLEW1818
9/8/2012, 08:49 PM
Feel we are weak at passing blocking, and weak as getting pressure to the opposing QB.

Hope we can get these improved.

Lots of obvious positives.

C&CDean
9/8/2012, 09:28 PM
Dude, we're ****ing weak. Weak at everything. Pushups, situps, pullups, and especially blocking/tackling/catching/throwing/posing/everything. WE SUCK!!@@!!

C&CDean
9/8/2012, 09:28 PM
Am I fitting in yet?

sooneron
9/8/2012, 09:30 PM
no. you're too optimistic.

SunnySooner
9/8/2012, 09:50 PM
lol!!

Still giving up (OK, one, but still) the big play makes me queasy. Still don't want to play a running QB.

But I'm happy we looked so much better than last week, and the running back drama should be fun, looks like we got a bunch a playas wanting that starting job right now, that's a good place to have depth with our injury history.

hawaii 5-0
9/8/2012, 10:05 PM
I still wish our pass rush was better.

I want to see that oposing QB literally shaking when he comes to the LOS, not knowing where the pressure is coming from.

I hope Tony J isn't seriously hurt.

5-0

JLEW1818
9/8/2012, 10:05 PM
Dude, we're ****ing weak. Weak at everything. Pushups, situps, pullups, and especially blocking/tackling/catching/throwing/posing/everything. WE SUCK!!@@!!

I'm sorry we shouldn't just suck every Sooners dong, Dean.

StoopTroup
9/8/2012, 10:06 PM
I think the Linebackers need to speed up the lateral pursuit but until we play a conference opponent....Bob isn't going to let the dogs loose.

JLEW1818
9/8/2012, 10:07 PM
Gonna need that QB-Spy for Kstate.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/8/2012, 10:19 PM
Where's the boners for the SS up at LB depth for run support while keeping you nickel ala the Nic Harris/Mike Stoops days?

Old school is good school.

agoo758
9/8/2012, 10:42 PM
Am I fitting in yet?

No. You are a ****ing piece of **** bully who didn't get his *** beat enough as a child and will die with no friends.

Don't you ever get tired of everyone hating you?

PhiDeltBeers
9/8/2012, 10:46 PM
From what I can tell, Dean's one of those guys you either love or hate on here. And he doesn't care which one it is. Am I right? :)

LosAngelesSooner
9/8/2012, 10:51 PM
I think Dean has a purty mouf.

PhiDeltBeers
9/8/2012, 10:56 PM
He sure do.

JLEW1818
9/8/2012, 10:56 PM
I love dean.. But I've also whooped his *** and ate his BBQ

GottaHavePride
9/8/2012, 11:00 PM
Unlike a lot of posters here, I don't think Dean has ever said anything on the boards that he wouldn't say to you face to face.

picasso
9/8/2012, 11:08 PM
No. You are a ****ing piece of **** bully who didn't get his *** beat enough as a child and will die with no friends.

Don't you ever get tired of everyone hating you?
I like Dean.

StoopTroup
9/8/2012, 11:51 PM
I like Dean in person. On the board...it's time to just let the Mod thing go. It's tough though to want to give up the little bit of power that allows you to tell people the stuff you would say on the board and still say it to their face.

Doing it because your friends with the owner may be magnanimous but it's really not something that seems to create a friendly atmosphere at SoonerFans IMO. It seems to really be a bit destructive to me.

Even though Dean and I might not see eye to eye on everything, I'd still tell him this to his face and shake hands with him even if he didn't agree with me. He has a good heart.

This is a good board and like Phil has always said...things seem to change a bit from time to time and even go full circle to a point where the board seems to start all over again.

Posters come and go but Mods seem to usually fade in and out. Some leave forever and some seem to hang around but Dean seems to be the only one that has never faded in or out. He definitely isn't hanging around, it's more like he's trying to outlive Phil and be The HMFIC someday.

If that's what he wants....I think it's fine as if Phil (God forbid was ever to step into the End Zone in the sky) Dean would make a good HMFIC IMO.

Agoo....you really ought to STFU but that's also just my opinion.

usmc-sooner
9/9/2012, 12:15 AM
I like Dean in person. On the board...it's time to just let the Mod thing go. It's tough though to want to give up the little bit of power that allows you to tell people the stuff you would say on the board and still say it to their face.

Doing it because your friends with the owner may be magnanimous but it's really not something that seems to create a friendly atmosphere at SoonerFans IMO. It seems to really be a bit destructive to me.

Even though Dean and I might not see eye to eye on everything, I'd still tell him this to his face and shake hands with him even if he didn't agree with me. He has a good heart.

This is a good board and like Phil has always said...things seem to change a bit from time to time and even go full circle to a point where the board seems to start all over again.

Posters come and go but Mods seem to usually fade in and out. Some leave forever and some seem to hang around but Dean seems to be the only one that has never faded in or out. He definitely isn't hanging around, it's more like he's trying to outlive Phil and be The HMFIC someday.

If that's what he wants....I think it's fine as if Phil (God forbid was ever to step into the End Zone in the sky) Dean would make a good HMFIC IMO.

Dean says rub some mustard on your back and man up.

VA Sooner
9/9/2012, 01:28 AM
Gonna need that QB-Spy for Kstate.

I agree with you there, JLEW. Going to need these two weeks to work out a few kinks and maybe add a few more wrinkles here and there. Ole Man Snyder is scheming as we speak, I suspect.

StoopTroup
9/9/2012, 01:30 AM
Dean says rub some mustard on your back and man up.

Rub some sh*t on your brain......opps....to late.

Blue
9/9/2012, 01:36 AM
This is a good board

Except when you go on your long winded nonsensical rants, but otherwise yes I agree. Ha. Jk, buddy.

olevetonahill
9/9/2012, 09:34 AM

Bro, I know you hate me an **** now, But do you EVER read what you post? You make NO sense

RiddlerOK
9/9/2012, 11:18 AM
I've been on vacation for a while........did I miss anything? :pop:

C&CDean
9/9/2012, 11:22 AM
So, have we learned anything yet? I mean besides me wanting to be hmfic and the fact we suck?

JLEW1818
9/9/2012, 11:25 AM
Go to church Dean

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2012, 11:25 AM
Mustard cures addictions?

olevetonahill
9/9/2012, 11:30 AM
So, have we learned anything yet? I mean besides me wanting to be hmfic and the fact we suck?

Ya forgotted you need to retire as a Mod/Admin
Cause you Power hungry or just want some biscuits and gravy, Aint sure tho

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 12:51 PM
Dean says rub some mustard on your man and back up.

Fixed.

8timechamps
9/9/2012, 12:58 PM
Feel we are weak at passing blocking, and weak as getting pressure to the opposing QB.

Hope we can get these improved.

Lots of obvious positives.

I don't understand either of those. Early in the game, Landry still looked like he was playing UTEP, but once he started to settle in, I thought he looked pretty darn good. Landry was sacked 3 times, and one of those was because he turned right into a defensive player. On that play, he panicked a little early and basically sacked himself. We can certainly improve on pass blocking, but considering there are two new starters on the line, it's not nearly as weak as it could be.

As for pressuring the opposing QB; we sacked the dude 5 times and pressured him out of the pocket all night. There were very few times that he was able to sit and throw with any accuracy. Short of 20 sacks, I don't know how much more we could've pressured the guy.

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2012, 01:07 PM
Fixed.
You should write for the male pRon industry...

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2012, 01:08 PM
I don't understand either of those. Early in the game, Landry still looked like he was playing UTEP, but once he started to settle in, I thought he looked pretty darn good. Landry was sacked 3 times, and one of those was because he turned right into a defensive player. On that play, he panicked a little early and basically sacked himself. We can certainly improve on pass blocking, but considering there are two new starters on the line, it's not nearly as weak as it could be.

As for pressuring the opposing QB; we sacked the dude 5 times and pressured him out of the pocket all night. There were very few times that he was able to sit and throw with any accuracy. Short of 20 sacks, I don't know how much more we could've pressured the guy.Concur.

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 01:11 PM
You should write for the male pRon industry...
How do you think I pay the rent?

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2012, 01:12 PM
Rub some mustard on your man and back up?

ObiKaTony
9/9/2012, 01:26 PM
Am I fitting in yet?

No, you are trying to mold yourself into something else entirely but it's not working. Every time I see a post from you it appears you are dogging those who have legitimate complaints/issues and you tear them down with useless banter while stroking your own supposed maturity. Seriously, just because you are "trying" to rise above an argument doesn't make you right; most importantly, it doesn’t make you any more mature. Your actions are actually doing the exact opposite of your ill founded intentions. Not starting trouble, but Jesus you equivocating and summarizing your maturity by belittling those with concerns you deem “not worthy” of discussion is a little immature and flat out ignorant…

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 01:27 PM
Rub some mustard on your man and back up?
It's a living.

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 01:28 PM
No, you are trying to mold yourself into something else entirely but it's not working. Every time I see a post from you it appears you are dogging those who have legitimate complaints/issues and you tear them down with useless banter while stroking your own supposed maturity. Seriously, just because you are "trying" to rise above an argument doesn't make you right; most importantly, it doesn’t make you any more mature. Your actions are actually doing the exact opposite of your ill founded intentions. Not starting trouble, but Jesus you equivocating and summarizing your maturity by belittling those with concerns you deem “not worthy” of discussion is a little immature and flat out ignorant…
This post is entirely too serious and "mature" for SF.

You won't last a year.

ObiKaTony
9/9/2012, 01:32 PM
This post is entirely too serious and "mature" for SF.

You won't last a year.

Got a couple computers since 2000, but been posting more so reading soonerfans since 2000 so you are more than a couple years off LOL, but I see your point. There are some sane and good comments by people on this board, but they don't have to type about their greatness for me to notice it...

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 01:57 PM
I been here dat long. Don't remember yer stink.

C&CDean
9/9/2012, 02:03 PM
Obi, I wish I knew wtf you were talking about.

If me calling people who do nothing but find fault with our players and coaches dip****s is somehow immature in your book then I'm good with that. Nobody on this board has "legitimate concerns" about this team. It's a bunch of kids playing ball for their school. Fans should just enjoy the ride-good bad or indifferent - and not worry about "vindication." no?

C&CDean
9/9/2012, 02:05 PM
And where have you been lately top shot?

olevetonahill
9/9/2012, 02:13 PM

Sounds like he been backin up to Mustard covered man stuff

soonervegas
9/9/2012, 02:29 PM
Anyone who gets their feelers hurt at the sight of Dean lambasting your post needs to grow a bigger pair.

And I agree about laying off the players......now our overpaid, coasting coaching staff?

8timechamps
9/9/2012, 02:30 PM

Bow-chika-bow-bow

8timechamps
9/9/2012, 02:33 PM

If me calling people who do nothing but find fault with our players and coaches dip****s is somehow immature in your book then I'm good with that. Nobody on this board has "legitimate concerns" about this team. It's a bunch of kids playing ball for their school. Fans should just enjoy the ride-good bad or indifferent - and not worry about "vindication." no?

Excellent!

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2012, 02:37 PM
FIRE VENABLES!!!

C&CDean
9/9/2012, 02:42 PM
Too late.

ObiKaTony
9/9/2012, 02:42 PM

With what you said specifically I don't disagree much on. However, people who critique the team’s performance like suggesting new coaches, player positions, etc...is completely in the realm of civil. Sorry sir, you are neither the obiter of rational thinking nor the judge of civil discourse...

If no one has "legitimate concerns" let’s just shut down the entire site, matter a fact let’s just shut down college football in general because if no one is to possess a legitimate concern then why does anyone really care about football. I get where you are going with your statement, but it's a little overstated.

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 02:44 PM
Apparently I've been backing up to mustard covered man stuff.

Oh, wait...

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 02:45 PM
With what you said specifically I don't disagree much on. However, people who critique the team’s performance like suggesting new coaches, player positions, etc...is completely in the realm of civil. Sorry sir, you are neither the obiter of rational thinking nor the judge of civil discourse...

If no one has "legitimate concerns" let’s just shut down the entire site, matter a fact let’s just shut down college football in general because if no one is to possess a legitimate concern then why does anyone really care about football. I get where you are going with your statement, but it's a little overstated.
Or he's got the perspective of years and age to know it's just a game and "legitimate concerns" would be used when referring to "my son who's deployed in Afghanistan" instead of "why are they in a cover 2?!?!"

ObiKaTony
9/9/2012, 02:47 PM
Or he's got the perspective of years and age to know it's just a game and "legitimate concerns" would be used when referring to "my son who's deployed in Afghanistan" instead of "why are they in a cover 2?!?!"

Wow...Seriously?

C&CDean
9/9/2012, 02:47 PM
Yeah, that. Btw, my son is deploying to Afghanistan in a month.

8timechamps
9/9/2012, 02:50 PM

You say you've been on this site since 2000. I have too, and two things haven't changed in all of that time:

1. Phil is the HMFIC

2. Dean is Dean. He hasn't changed a single bit in the 12 years I've been here. He calls it like he sees it, and it may be surprising to you, most agree with his assessments.

I think you just like to stir the **** pot.

ObiKaTony
9/9/2012, 02:52 PM

It appears you don't have the perspective nor inclination to decipher between what is a legitimate point or not. Your assertion that I believe people should have "legitimate concerns" if they are sooner fans somehow diminishes their respect/concerns for the armed forces is completely out of bounds.

Why don’t you call me a racist, nazi, and an anti Semite...What a joke

C&CDean
9/9/2012, 02:54 PM
Reach much obi? Sheez,

olevetonahill
It appears you don't have the perspective nor inclination to decipher between what is a legitimate point or not. Your assertion that I believe people should have "legitimate concerns" if they are sooner fans somehow diminishes their respect/concerns for the armed forces is completely out of bounds.

You Racist, Nazy, Anti Semite you,
Hows that?

ObiKaTony
You say you've been on this site since 2000. I have too, and two things haven't changed in all of that time:

1. Phil is the HMFIC

2. Dean is Dean. He hasn't changed a single bit in the 12 years I've been here. He calls it like he sees it, and it may be surprising to you, most agree with his assessments.

So me stirring the pot is saying nicely to lay off people who share different opinions. Most don’t agree with Dean. Most have been kicked off the board if they disagree so the pot has dwindled in size relative to differing opinions. It makes sense because Dean appears to be the politically correct guru…

ObiKaTony
9/9/2012, 02:55 PM
You Racist, Nazy, Anti Semite you,
Hows that?

MUCH BETTER!

olevetonahill
9/9/2012, 02:56 PM
MUCH BETTER!

I try, I forgot tho I shoulda throwed in Bigot fer good measure

8timechamps
9/9/2012, 02:57 PM
So me stirring the pot is saying nicely to lay off people who share different opinions. Most don’t agree with Dean. Most have been kicked off the board if they disagree so the pot has dwindled in size relative to differing opinions. It makes sense because Dean appears to be the politically correct guru…

"Most" don't agree with Dean? Really?

Nobody gets kicked off the board because they disagree with Dean. But, if it helps you to think like that, go right ahead.

Do you even remember why you chimed in on this thread? Was it because of what Dean said? If you don't like what someone else says, don't post in that thread...or better yet, ignore them. Been working for me for years.

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2012, 02:59 PM

Why don’t you call me a racist, nazi, and an anti Semite...What a jokeI think you should try to type a little more eloquent, use fancier words to get your points across and maybe be a little more pretentious. If that doesn't work, hook up with Mid...He'll help ya out.

ObiKaTony
9/9/2012, 03:02 PM

Nobody gets kicked off the board because they disagree with Dean. But, if it helps you to think like that, go right ahead.

Do you even remember why you chimed in on this thread? Was it because of what Dean said? If you don't like what someone else says, don't post in that thread...or better yet, ignore them. Been working for me for years.

Perhaps Dean will listen? It has worked in the past with others; however, it doesn't help when you are sucking up to him. You do have a point just ignoring the thread, but hypocrisy really gets to me. Those that preach tolerance on a consistent basis are usually the ones with the most intolerance. Case in point the guy who suggested I don't have concerns about our troops, and Deans relentless attacks on those with (you guessed it) legitimate concerns about the team

thunderfan
9/9/2012, 03:05 PM
I'm a c@ck suckin' fag in favor of sucking his dick.

ObiKaTony
9/9/2012, 03:06 PM
I think you should try to type a little more eloquent, use fancier words to get your points across and maybe be a little more pretentious. If that doesn't work, hook up with Mid...He'll help ya out.

Ok, will-do-there buddy...(that better fer ya)
I work half the time on site on rigs in West Texas (I would get shot or fired if a hint of pretentiousness-was my weapon of choice in making a point) You didn't like what I said so went the route of vocab and grammar, great facebook trick…

olevetonahill
9/9/2012, 03:06 PM
Perhaps Dean will listen? It has worked in the past with others; however, it doesn't help when you are sucking up to him. You do have a point just ignoring the thread, but hypocrisy really gets to me. Those that preach tolerance on a consistent basis are usually the ones with the most intolerance. Case in point the guy who suggested I don't have concerns about our troops, and Deans relentless attacks on those with (you guessed it) legitimate concerns about the team

Give it a rest hazel
Dean is by far a fair and tolerant Admin. He puts up with peoples crap a lot more than I would.
Ive never seen him use his Mod power against some one he has a disagreement with
he has kicked a bunch off the board because they being a dick

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2012, 03:08 PM
Perhaps Dean will listen? It has worked in the past with others; however, it doesn't help when you are sucking up to him. You do have a point just ignoring the thread, but hypocrisy really gets to me. Those that preach tolerance on a consistent basis are usually the ones with the most intolerance. Case in point the guy who suggested I don't have concerns about our troops, and Deans relentless attacks on those with (you guessed it) legitimate concerns about the teamPerhaps you will start your own thread about how OU sucks and quit getting your vag all wadded up about peeps that disagree with you...or not.

olevetonahill
9/9/2012, 03:08 PM
deans a c@ck suckin' fag who does run off those that don't return the favor of sucking his dick.

See Obi, Martin calls him all this crap and hes still here, For how much longer I dont know.

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 03:09 PM
Wow...Seriously?
Yup. Seriously.

And if you can't admit that...see that...then you're revealing a lot about your character. Or lack thereof.

LosAngelesSooner
Yeah, that. Btw, my son is deploying to Afghanistan in a month.

I'll keep him in my prayers.

8timechamps
See Obi, Martin calls him all this crap and hes still here, For how much longer I dont know.

He may be the biggest loser I've ever seen on the internet. And I mean that in every way possible.

ObiKaTony
Give it a rest hazel
Dean is by far a fair and tolerant Admin. He puts up with peoples crap a lot more than I would.
Ive never seen him use his Mod power against some one he has a disagreement with
he has kicked a bunch off the board because they being a dick

As he should, and some have deserved it...

olevetonahill
9/9/2012, 03:11 PM
As he should, and some have deserved it...

In spite of what anyone says, If Dean gave em the boot they deserved it

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2012, 03:12 PM
He may be the biggest loser I've ever seen on the internet. And I mean that in every way possible.You don't happen to have any of his "photo's" you could send me, do you?:)

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 03:13 PM

1. Phil is the HMFIC

3. LAS is a pinko commie who likes teh buttsecks.

Fixed.

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 03:14 PM

No need. Dumbass will suffice.

Pretty words, though...

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 03:16 PM
Reach much obi? Sheez,

He may, indeed, read, but he surely doesn't comprehend.

Cuz he missed my point like a blind, one legged kicker.

FaninAma
9/9/2012, 03:16 PM
Am I fitting in yet?
You left out coaching. Shape up.

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 03:17 PM

Jeez...if disagreeing with Dean was something people were banned for, I'da been gone in Jan 1, 2000, 12:01 am.:tan:

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 03:18 PM
I think you should try to type a little more eloquent, use fancier words to get your points across and maybe be a little more pretentious. If that doesn't work, hook up with Mid...He'll help ya out.

That's my old schtick. I trademarked it after I perfected it.

C&CDean
9/9/2012, 03:19 PM
Damn, I knew I missed something. This has turned into an interesting little thread. South oval material?

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 03:19 PM

You've been here since 2000 but you don't know who I am and refer to me as "the guy?"

LOL

My B.S. meter is PINGING in the RED.

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 03:23 PM
Damn, I knew I missed something. This has turned into an interesting little thread. South oval material?

I'll take the credit.

Yer welcum.

JLEW1818
9/9/2012, 03:23 PM
Always could start good threads

ObiKaTony
9/9/2012, 03:25 PM
No need. Dumbass will suffice.

Pretty words, though...

“I'll keep you in my prayers” by LosAngelesSooner. (while you are saying yours, you might want to ask forgiveness for your language sir)

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 03:27 PM
“I'll keep you in my prayers” by LosAngelesSooner. (while you are saying yours, you might want to ask forgiveness for your language sir)

You think God gives a high holy **** **** whether I curse like a foul mouthed sailor or not?

I'll ask for forgiveness as soon as I'm wrong about sumptin'.

ObiKaTony
9/9/2012, 03:31 PM
You think God gives a high holy **** **** whether I curse like a foul mouthed sailor or not?

I'll ask for forgiveness as soon as I'm wrong about sumptin'.

So I guess you are @ church now, or are you praying in your closet? I haven't seen much on this thread where you have been right. I do agree that God probably doesn't give a "hoot" about your language. You might to pray for the mental fortitude that focuses on making a coherent thought or @ least an original one. For example; all those who have "legitimate concerns" about the team obviously does not have his/her priorities straight which leads LASooner to the conclusion you don't care about the troops. Brilliant sir! Brilliant!

usmc-sooner
9/9/2012, 03:32 PM
Mustard cures addictions?

maybe dip the pills in mustard? Gray Poupon?

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 03:38 PM
So I guess you are @ church now, or are you praying in your closet? I haven't seen much on this thread where you have been right. I do agree that God probably doesn't give a "hoot" about your language. You might to pray for the mental fortitude that focuses on making a coherent thought or @ least an original one. For example; all those who have "legitimate concerns" about the team obviously does not have his/her priorities straight which leads LASooner to the conclusion you don't care about the troops. Brilliant sir! Brilliant!
I love it when someone tries to attack someone else for either their intelligence or their ability to make a coherent thought clear...and do so with typos and spelling/grammar mistakes.

It is to make me laugh.

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 03:39 PM
P.S. - You still didn't comprehend the argument which was made by Dean and reiterated in simple terms by me...so...yeah.

Get back to us once you have someone come essplain it to ya. ;)

ObiKaTony
9/9/2012, 03:41 PM
I love it when someone tries to attack someone else for either their intelligence or their ability to make a coherent thought clear...and do so with typos and spelling/grammar mistakes.

It is to make me laugh.

"It is to make me laugh" Nice...

(I never rattempt to proof read my postssss on face-borkk or here, I aintttt in college nor am I writing a report)

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 03:41 PM
You veteran posters will NEVER guess which always present poster on here just brought THIS old handle out of retirement to deal with ObiKaTrolly. heh heh heh

;)

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 03:42 PM
"It is to make me laugh" Nice...

(I never rattempt to proof read my postssss on face-borkk or here, I aintttt in college nor am I writing a report)

Nor are you making a coherent thought clear. ;)

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2012, 03:44 PM
maybe dip the pills in mustard? Gray Poupon?That's Grey Poupon. Please don't **** up this thread with misspellings...You'll get jumped and have mustard all over ya.

usmc-sooner
9/9/2012, 03:45 PM
my bad, I've never really been able to afford the good stuff.

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 03:48 PM
50 Shades of Grey Poupon?

ObiKaTony
9/9/2012, 03:49 PM
P.S. - You still didn't comprehend the argument which was made by Dean and reiterated in simple terms by me...so...yeah.

Get back to us once you have someone come essplain it to ya. ;)

Your point was perfectly clear which is why it took me 2 seconds to blow it up. Dean and his Robin (you) believe, more or less, that it's just a game and actual concerns are not warranted. You suggested that me saying "legitimate concerns" is somehow offensive to the troops in Afghanistan because those are REAL legitimate concerns (thank you capt obvious)

My point is that fans can have legitimate concerns because they are fans who care/like/love the team. Whether it be because their grandpa helped make the 85 national championship rings @ his jeweler store (my grandpa) or a dad wrestled for OU (my dad) or 2 members contribute to the dental school (my family) or went there (I did) YES you can have legitimate concerns. I'm not giving you my "fan resume" I’m merely illustrating there are "legitimate" sooner fans EVERYWHERE that have concerns and some are right, but let us knock of the sanctimony and the B.S. political correctness, there is enough of that crap in the real world already...

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2012, 03:49 PM
my bad, I've never really been able to afford the good stuff.Me neither...I just googled it because Gray didn't look correct.

pphilfran
9/9/2012, 03:50 PM
OU Dirty Dozen

1. Our coaches don't know who to start at running back
2. Landry can't handle pressure
3. No dline push'
4. No oline blocking
5. Dbacks get burned
6. Special teams suck
7. Can't win on the road
8. Too many 5 star players
9. Not enough Oklahoma raised players
10. You can't run out of a spread offense
11. I know the play before it is run
12. Bad offensive play calling

Other than the above we are pretty strong..

ObiKaTony
9/9/2012, 03:51 PM
I love "always save" mustard even better than French's FOR THE RECORD

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 03:54 PM
Your point was perfectly clear which is why it took me 2 seconds to blow it up. Dean and his Robin (you) believe, more or less, that it's just a game and actual concerns are not warranted. You suggested that me saying "legitimate concerns" is somehow offensive to the troops in Afghanistan because those are REAL legitimate concerns (thank you capt obvious)

My point is that fans can have legitimate concerns because they are fans who care/like/love the team. Whether it be because their grandpa helped make the 85 national championship rings @ his jeweler store (my grandpa) or a dad wrestled for OU (my dad) or 2 members contribute to the dental school (my family) or went there (I did) YES you can have legitimate concerns. I'm not giving you my "fan resume" I’m merely illustrating there are "legitimate" sooner fans EVERYWHERE that have concerns and some are right, but let us knock of the sanctimony and the B.S. political correctness, there is enough of that crap in the real world already...
You "blew it up?"

When did the judges give out the score and award you the Internet Victory?

Dangit...now I'm legitimately concerned.

EatLeadCommie
9/9/2012, 03:56 PM
I think we looked pretty weak in the trenches until we wore them out. Both sides of the ball. And Dusty D. said the same thing after the game so I'm not alone in thinking this.

Also, while I was glad to see Landry spreading the ball around and getting some chemistry with his WRs, I guess I'm going to have to come to grips with the fact that he is going to have a couple knuckleheaded moments every game. He had 1 INT last night that was a bad decision, and another that went off the hands of the DB that should have been picked off. Both throws were just mindbogglingly stupid. He also made some great throws, including the drop by Stills that should have been a TD.

Positives: Our running game is legit and deep. Williams is a beast. Also, our return game is a legitimate threat to bust one loose for the first time in a long time.

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 03:56 PM
As an addendum...I didn't know I was smacking around an Oklahoma Sooner Blue Blood Royalty. Now I kinda feel bad.

Hope they don't take away my "Alumni Fan Card."

cleller
9/9/2012, 03:58 PM
OU Dirty Dozen

3. No dline push'
4. No oline blocking
5. Dbacks get burned
6. Special teams suck
7. Can't win on the road

Nice try, but I believe the thread is forever diverted.

Starting with the 2nd half last night things are looking up, anyway. I hope something very special is being worked on for KState.

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 04:12 PM
I'm hoping ^^^THIS^^^ is true.

8timechamps
9/9/2012, 04:15 PM
I'm hoping ^^^THIS^^^ is true.

I forgot to add LAS as the resident pinko-commie to my list. Damn!

FaninAma
9/9/2012, 04:17 PM
OU Dirty Dozen

3. No dline push'
4. No oline blocking
5. Dbacks get burned
6. Special teams suck
7. Can't win on the road

You can add #13: Its gonna take M. Stoops at least 4 years to fix everything Venables screwed up with the defense. I mean that excuse works for Obama.

I just thought I would take the thread over the edge.

ObiKaTony
9/9/2012, 04:18 PM
You "blew it up?"

When did the judges give out the score and award you the Internet Victory?

Dangit...now I'm legitimately concerned.

I know you are not, I don't expect you would be, you are incapable. Perhaps if someone else told you...

8timechamps
9/9/2012, 04:18 PM
You can add #13: Its gonna take M. Stoops at least 4 years to fix everything Venables screwed up with the defense. I mean that excuse works for Obama.

I just thought I would take the thread over the edge.

Since we're off topic, remember when Phil tried the Soonerfans.com radio show? IIRC, you were the first caller.

ObiKaTony
9/9/2012, 04:19 PM
I think we looked pretty weak in the trenches until we wore them out. Both sides of the ball. And Dusty D. said the same thing after the game so I'm not alone in thinking this.

Also, while I was glad to see Landry spreading the ball around and getting some chemistry with his WRs, I guess I'm going to have to come to grips with the fact that he is going to have a couple knuckleheaded moments every game. He had 1 INT last night that was a bad decision, and another that went off the hands of the DB that should have been picked off. Both throws were just mindbogglingly stupid. He also made some great throws, including the drop by Stills that should have been a TD.

Positives: Our running game is legit and deep. Williams is a beast. Also, our return game is a legitimate threat to bust one loose for the first time in a long time.

I couldn't agree more...

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 04:22 PM
I know you are not, I don't expect you would be, you are incapable. Perhaps if someone else told you...

My work here is done. :)

ObiKaTony
9/9/2012, 04:24 PM
Support the troops! You are done sir...LOL

Soonerus
9/9/2012, 04:42 PM
Dean has banned me two or three times and I still think he is a great American !!!

LosAngelesSooner
9/9/2012, 05:04 PM
Support the troops! You are done sir...LOL

Certainly. I mean...why stick around...you're doing my work for me.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/9/2012, 06:28 PM
Since we're off topic, remember when Phil tried the Soonerfans.com radio show? IIRC, you were the first caller.

But was he a JAHNNIE'S CHAHCOE BWOILAH first time caller?

FaninAma
9/9/2012, 07:56 PM

I was. My 20 seconds of fame.

Fraggle145
9/9/2012, 08:56 PM
I jerk off to these threads.

Seriously.

olevetonahill
9/9/2012, 09:02 PM
I jerk off to these threads.

Seriously.

Did you enjoy readin LAS argue with himself?

JLEW1818
9/9/2012, 09:25 PM
Is that the same LAS from years back? The stupid ****?

olevetonahill
9/9/2012, 09:28 PM
Is that the same LAS from years back? The stupid ****?

Oh Dead eye himself
Him of the 1000 yard shot, and buying Hand grenades and rocket launchers out there at Flea markets and such

hes been hiding under a new handle here since LAS was so burned in all the lies he told

LosAngelesSooner
9/10/2012, 01:29 PM
Is that the same LAS from years back? The stupid **** who could kick my *** with both arms tied behind his back while fiddling with his toes?

Fixed, Jr. ;)

LosAngelesSooner
9/10/2012, 01:30 PM
Oh Dead eye himself
Him of the 1000 yard shot, and buying Hand grenades and rocket launchers out there at Flea markets and such

hes been hiding under a new handle here since LAS was so burned in all the lies he told

BWAA HAA HAA!

Dude...I haven't been back to this page in a YEAR. And I've only ever posted under this handle. And if you doubt that, ask ANY of the mods to check the I.P.'s

You were an idiot back then...I guess some things never change.

olevetonahill
9/10/2012, 01:36 PM
You veteran posters will NEVER guess which always present poster on here just brought THIS old handle out of retirement to deal with ObiKaTrolly. heh heh heh

;)

BWAA HAA HAA!

Dude...I haven't been back to this page in a YEAR. And I've only ever posted under this handle. And if you doubt that, ask ANY of the mods to check the I.P.'s

You were an idiot back then...I guess some things never change.

Yea right dead eye, neg me some more bitch I like it when you talk dirty to me :cat:

En_Fuego
9/10/2012, 01:46 PM
LMAO

PhiDeltBeers
9/10/2012, 01:50 PM
:pop:

Fraggle145
9/10/2012, 02:04 PM
Did you enjoy readin LAS argue with himself?

Boner. ;)

olevetonahill
9/10/2012, 02:06 PM
Boner. ;)

The dude is stone weird, He shows up runs off a bunch of argumentative posts, Declares himself WINNER and then fades away

yankee
9/10/2012, 06:20 PM
This is my 3rd post in the last 6 or so months...and some things never change around here lol.

Turd_Ferguson
9/10/2012, 10:45 PM
I just farted.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/10/2012, 10:46 PM
That's hot.

JLEW1818
9/10/2012, 10:48 PM
LAS is a bigger **** than Obama. Stupid ****s

Turd_Ferguson
9/10/2012, 10:48 PM
Actually, it was...but no smell.

olevetonahill
9/10/2012, 10:57 PM
LAS is a bigger **** than Obama. Stupid ****s

But as usual he declared himself WINNER and then left :very_drunk:

PhiDeltBeers
9/12/2012, 02:12 PM
This is my 3rd post in the last 6 or so months...and some things never change around here lol.

It's why many of us leave for months at a time. You're right, nothing has changed except for some new people struggling to fit in with the "higher powers". I think I left for almost a year and didn't come back until football started up. Of course, I have other interests to keep me occupied during the off-season.

85sooners
9/12/2012, 02:25 PM
**** Klein!

C&CDean
9/12/2012, 02:30 PM
It's why many of us leave for months at a time. You're right, nothing has changed except for some new people struggling to fit in with the "higher powers". I think I left for almost a year and didn't come back until football started up. Of course, I have other interests to keep me occupied during the off-season.

Don't lie. You left cause we teased you for being an aglet grad.

PhiDeltBeers
9/12/2012, 02:48 PM
Don't lie. You left cause we teased you for being an aglet grad.

Lol!

Seriously though.

No, I left when you banned me for the same stuff that still going on almost a year later. I don't really like you or hate you (or care), but then again, I've never met you or anyone else here in person for that matter. We'd probably get along great off the good ol' web. I just got tired of all the bitching and moaning back and forth and said something about it, so I got banned. I never really took a side. It just gets old after awhile. I think you'd agree with me there. Being a member of other forums (mainly cars), I don't see this stuff going on. Don't get me wrong, I think some of the stuff is hilarious, but a lot of sucks. I, like many other members, come on here to get information, but have to sift through a lot of the BS to find it.

I actually met a guy on one of my car forums that saw my OU plate on one of my cars and he's a member at landthieves. Small world.

C&CDean
9/12/2012, 03:38 PM
Lol!

Seriously though.

No, I left when you banned me for the same stuff that still going on almost a year later. I don't really like you or hate you (or care), but then again, I've never met you or anyone else here in person for that matter. We'd probably get along great off the good ol' web. I just got tired of all the bitching and moaning back and forth and said something about it, so I got banned. I never really took a side. It just gets old after awhile. I think you'd agree with me there. Being a member of other forums (mainly cars), I don't see this stuff going on. Don't get me wrong, I think some of the stuff is hilarious, but a lot of sucks. I, like many other members, come on here to get information, but have to sift through a lot of the BS to find it.

I actually met a guy on one of my car forums that saw my OU plate on one of my cars and he's a member at landthieves. Small world.

You really come here for solid info? That's kinda like looking on a pron site for directions to the closest church.

I don't even remember banning you - but I do remember some rhubarb going on where you got your feelers hurt over something.

You may wanna try doing what I do here. This site is simply for my entertainment. Sometimes it's entertaining to just agree with everybody, sometimes it's entertaining to jab the monkey with a stick. 99% of the people here don't get banned - but most of them that do understand a day - or even a week or two off isn't anything personal. Most will also tell you they deserved it. Sometimes not for the specific offense, but for their body of work.

If folks ain't having fun here I'd have to say it's their own fault. Either they lack a sense of humor/silliness, or they're just generally unhappy kinda people.

Finally, you should take the time to meet some of the posters. All-in-all some pretty good folks. And as you could imagine, about 99% of them are not anything like their innerweb persona in real life.

olevetonahill
9/12/2012, 03:41 PM
You really come here for solid info? That's kinda like looking on a pron site for directions to the closest church.

I don't even remember banning you - but I do remember some rhubarb going on where you got your feelers hurt over something.

You may wanna try doing what I do here. This site is simply for my entertainment. Sometimes it's entertaining to just agree with everybody, sometimes it's entertaining to jab the monkey with a stick. 99% of the people here don't get banned - but most of them that do understand a day - or even a week or two off isn't anything personal. Most will also tell you they deserved it. Sometimes not for the specific offense, but for their body of work.

If folks ain't having fun here I'd have to say it's their own fault. Either they lack a sense of humor/silliness, or they're just generally unhappy kinda people.

Finally, you should take the time to meet some of the posters. All-in-all some pretty good folks. And as you could imagine, about 99% of them are not anything like their innerweb persona in real life.

Hey, I have you know Im an azzhole in real life also.

PhiDeltBeers
9/12/2012, 04:06 PM
Hey, I have you know Im an azzhole in real life also.

Vet, you have always been one of my favs! Course, I go to the shack every once in a blue moon. Now that place is funny!

PhiDeltBeers
9/12/2012, 04:07 PM

Agree with everything you said, although I got a month in the bighouse! Don't worry, I'm over it, or I wouldn't be here now. Group hug everyone! ;)

8timechamps
9/12/2012, 04:26 PM
Agree with everything you said, although I got a month in the bighouse! Don't worry, I'm over it, or I wouldn't be here now. Group hug everyone! ;)

Are you sure you want to hug Dean? He'll try to rape your butt.

UberSooner
9/12/2012, 04:53 PM
I'm sorry but i think i'm lost. I used to come here to read football banter and related stuff. Anyone know what happened to the old football board? Not the old old one that used to trigger porn filters but the new old one that used to biatch about Vulnerables.

PhiDeltBeers
9/12/2012, 04:56 PM
Are you sure you want to hug Dean? He'll try to rape your butt.

He always came off as that type of guy. :)

8timechamps
9/12/2012, 05:01 PM
I'm sorry but i think i'm lost. I used to come here to read football banter and related stuff. Anyone know what happened to the old football board? Not the old old one that used to trigger porn filters but the new old one that used to biatch about Vulnerables.

It's a bye week.

Breadburner
9/12/2012, 05:04 PM
Anyone want to see a video of my wife and.....O nevr-mind......

JLEW1818
9/24/2012, 08:00 PM
I'd say my original post is 100% accurate.

85sooners
9/25/2012, 05:06 AM

Breadburner
9/25/2012, 06:37 AM
Turnovers....

cleller
9/25/2012, 08:31 AM
I'd be avoiding this thread because I didn't want to dwell on our weaknesses. Then it gets 8 pages long? Luckily, it took a Dr. Phil twist.

No one can be the best time in the country every year, I know. Just wish there were a few guys out there making a name for themselves.