PDA

View Full Version : OU fans/watch party in Jacksonville, FL?

NYSooner1355
9/8/2012, 04:07 PM
anyone know of any watch parties or OU fans get-togethers in Jacksonville, FL??

8timechamps
9/8/2012, 04:12 PM
Your best bet at this point is to find out if there is an OU Club in Jacksonville, then find out where they are watching the game. Try searching Facebook, they are usually really good about posting when and where they meet.

OUinFLA
9/8/2012, 04:26 PM
I'll be listening to it on the internet about 4 hours southwest in Lakeland. You're welcome to come over.

Sooner-In-The-Swamp
9/8/2012, 06:56 PM
Hey NYSooner! I'm here in Jacksonville, too. Don't know of any OU clubs here though. Disappointed that the game isn't on First Row Sports.

JaxSooner07
9/8/2012, 09:04 PM
Just moved to Jacksonville from Dallas. First thing I did was look into the OU Club of Jacksonville. I contacted the president and was told it is no longer in existence. He said it kinda fell apart. I actually just emailed the Alumni Association to see what it would take to get back up and running. I may try and get this going again, but would definitely like to get together for future games in the meantime.

PM me if youd be intersted. I have yet to meet any other Sooners since I've been here, so would love to get a group together.

NYSooner1355
9/13/2012, 03:01 PM
Well, my brother and dad are here in Jax too - so that makes at least 5 fans in the area! Definitely would be interested in meeting up! I'm actually in St. Johns, where are you guys??

8timechamps
9/13/2012, 03:49 PM
Let me know when you get up and running and I'll send out a note to all the OU Club of Colorado folks. I'm sure there are some that know Sooner fans in your area and can pass along the info.

JaxSooner07
9/13/2012, 11:07 PM
Ya, I was told by the Alumni Association there were over 600 of us in the Jax area. I'm not sure where they are hiding, but apparently they are around.

I'm out by Atlantic Beach, but my wife and I are glad to meet up anywhere for the games. You have any favorite spots in the area? At least the K-State game is nationally televised, I believe, so everywhere should have it on. Let me know if you guys would be interested in getting together next weekend for the game.

JaxSooner07
10/12/2012, 08:28 AM
Any Sooners in the Jax area know of any watch parties for the RRS tomorrow?

Sooner in Tampa
10/12/2012, 09:57 AM
If ya wanna drive over to Tampa, The Suncoast Sooners will be at Selmons :eagerness: