PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Works

LiveLaughLove
9/8/2012, 03:26 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/09/08/Report-Iran-Acquits-Christian-Pastor-Charged-with-Apostasy

The truly awesome power of prayer. This guy has had churches all over America praying for him.

I fear for his safety outside of prison now too though.

landrun
9/10/2012, 07:18 PM
I'm a Christian. I'm not sure I can say I know how prayer works. I can say that I am shocked by this result! And pleased!!

SouthCarolinaSooner
9/10/2012, 08:41 PM
Too bad no one prays for women who are stoned to death across the Arab world

olevetonahill
9/10/2012, 08:44 PM
Too bad no one prays for women who are stoned to death across the Arab world

Aint it Great when Stupid and Youth post at the same time ?

Ya know what Kid? If everyone knew ahead of time that those stoneage mother****ers were gonna do that **** THEY would pray for em

SouthCarolinaSooner
9/10/2012, 10:32 PM
Aint it Great when Stupid and Youth post at the same time ?

Ya know what Kid? If everyone knew ahead of time that those stoneage mother****ers were gonna do that **** THEY would pray for em
Say one now. "I pray to xxxxxxx that nobody is stoned to death in the middle east". Then next month when some 12 year old girl gets it for being an "adulterer", tell me that prayer works. Then again parts of the bible do endorse this kind of ****, so maybe god gets a kick out of it!

olevetonahill
9/10/2012, 11:01 PM
Say one now. "I pray to xxxxxxx that nobody is stoned to death in the middle east". Then next month when some 12 year old girl gets it for being an "adulterer", tell me that prayer works. Then again parts of the bible do endorse this kind of ****, so maybe god gets a kick out of it!
And again Boy you have no clue
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_SZc9hEspn3c/SdWa9LGlmlI/AAAAAAAAAso/HjhuFaCZb1c/s400/ClownBowlofStupid.jpg

SouthCarolinaSooner
9/10/2012, 11:07 PM
And again Boy you have no clue
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_SZc9hEspn3c/SdWa9LGlmlI/AAAAAAAAAso/HjhuFaCZb1c/s400/ClownBowlofStupid.jpg
Teach me your ways old wise one

olevetonahill
9/10/2012, 11:09 PM
Teach me your ways old wise one

I dont have enough time left to live to teach you much
However if you really wanted to learn I would try.

LiveLaughLove
9/11/2012, 10:16 PM

The breadth of the lack of wisdom, ie foolishness, in this post is mind freaking boggling. You're too foolish to even know how foolish you actually are, it is plain to see.

I hope for your sake, God softens your heart and opens your eyes. Be careful where you're treading in the meantime. Just some friendly advise.

SouthCarolinaSooner
9/11/2012, 10:22 PM
I hope for your sake, God softens your heart and opens your eyes. Be careful where you're treading in the meantime. Just some friendly advise.
Prayer positively does not work. I can think of no evidence that it is successful.

If you or any "true believer" prayed:

"Dear God, almighty, all-powerful, all-loving creator of the universe, we pray to you to cure every case of cancer on this planet tonight. We pray in faith, knowing you will bless us as you describe in Matthew 7:7, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21, Mark 11:24, John 14:12-14, Matthew 18:19 and James 5:15-16. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen."

Will anything happen? No

Matthew 7:7 "Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!"

Matthew 17:20 "For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you."

Matthew 21:21 "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

It just goes on and on and on. It doesn't matter if you pray to Allah, Zeus, Jesus or Ra. The result will statistically be the same over and over again

olevetonahill
9/11/2012, 10:30 PM
Prayer positively does not work. I can think of no evidence that it is successful

Get this book read it, meditate on it some . Then get back to us

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Bad_Things_Happen_to_Good_People

LiveLaughLove
9/11/2012, 11:00 PM
Prayer positively does not work. I can think of no evidence that it is successful

I gave you one in the OP. I could give you one that I personally was a part of, but you would not believe it because you choose to have a hard heart toward God. Usually, that means you have something going on in your life that you don't want the light of righteousness shed on. Of course, you will say you are a good guy that just doesn't believe in fairy princes. Such is your lack of wisdom and foolishness.

1 Corinthians 2:14 ESV - The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

Mark 7:20-22 ESV - And he said, “What comes out of a person is what defiles him. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness.

Proverbs 1:7 ESV - The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Philippians 3:18-19 ESV - For many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, walk as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things.

Romans 8:26-27 ESV - Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

Hebrews 11:6 ESV - And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

John 9:31 ESV - We know that God does not listen to sinners, but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does his will, God listens to him.

James 1:5-7 ESV - If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;

SouthCarolinaSooner
9/11/2012, 11:22 PM
God won't not answer my prayers until I believe in him. Got it.
But while you're at it, Iraq is on an execution spree. Maybe miracles can happen ;)

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2012/09/201291081633731250.html

Ton Loc
9/12/2012, 07:33 AM
Glad the guy is out but a couple things...

Why is he living there? Obviously not the best place to live as a Christian pastor.

Also, the comments on that story are classic.

cleller
9/12/2012, 09:09 AM
Doctors have admitted for many years that they feel prayer helps patients. They often explain it as a psychological effect which patients respond to, etc. Still, there is plenty of evidence of its benefits.

KantoSooner
9/12/2012, 09:46 AM
it's known in rational science as the placebo effecct. If a patient truly believes they are recieving a wonder drug, they begin to feel better and, in some cases, their body rallies against the malady. (note: seems to work best in cases where the immune system is involved. Very few cases of prayer or placebo effect helping out, say, people who've fallen off of 15 story buildings and suffered multiple broken bones and massive blunt force trauma. Not that that stops the Christian Scientists. "Quick! Get this man to a reading room, STAT!!" )

SouthCarolinaSooner
9/12/2012, 11:30 AM
Still, there is plenty of evidence of its benefits.
I'm awaiting a double-blind study of prayer that shows its usefulness