PDA

View Full Version : LMFAO!, Penn State kicker missed a 42yd FG to try and win the game!

nighttrain12
9/8/2012, 02:38 PM
He was 1 for 5 today in FG's (and also missed an extra point) and the Sanduskies are 0-2 on the season. LMMFAO!

8timechamps
9/8/2012, 04:15 PM
I'm sure they missed their kicker (that transferred to Texas, then got injured). But, late in the game, I bet they would have given anything to have had Justin Brown in there. They needed to drive the field, and he probably would have been their go-to guy. Glad we have him.

SoonerMarkVA
9/8/2012, 04:36 PM
Works for me.

rock on sooner
9/8/2012, 04:39 PM
Looks like a long year for a bunch of kids that had nothing to do
with the creep Sandusky...

olevetonahill
9/8/2012, 04:41 PM
nighttrain, You are weird
Not sayin thats a bad thing , But you are

LiveLaughLove
9/8/2012, 05:05 PM
Worst thing about the NCAA. The kids that always get punished are those that had nothing to do with it. In this case, the kids back then had nothing to do with it either.

I don't feel sorry for Penn State at all for what's happening, but hard to not sympathize with the kids that stayed and these new coaches.

85sooners
9/8/2012, 07:42 PM

SoonerBread
9/8/2012, 11:40 PM
Football gods Sanduskying the Nittany Lions.

FaninAma
9/9/2012, 02:13 PM
Exactly. They are just trying to make the best of a bad situation. I hope they don't give up.

C&CDean
9/9/2012, 02:19 PM
I get no pleasure from seeing Penn st lose. I would, however derive at least some measure of pleasure if Sandusky were to be anally plunged by a backhoe.

badger
9/9/2012, 02:41 PM
I feel bad for the kicker. Penn state is not classy by any stretch of the imagination. His car is probably vandalized beyond recognition, his facebook probably has a hundred friend requests from "transfer now loser" and his twitter's probably been hacked and changed to handle @widerightisuck

Curly Bill
9/9/2012, 03:41 PM
Karma is a beyotch is the thought that comes to my mind.

Iam4OUru
9/9/2012, 06:21 PM
I get no pleasure from seeing Penn st lose. I would, however derive at least some measure of pleasure if Sandusky were to be anally plunged by a backhoe.

Well stated.

nighttrain12
9/9/2012, 06:32 PM
Just remember, a lot of these same fans now at the games rioted up there when they fired Paterno. I hope they go 0-11.

C&CDean
9/9/2012, 07:13 PM
I know a bunch of Penn Staters. They're fine people. A little psycho in their love/support of JoPa, but they're just fans. Like us.

If you get excited cause some scrawny little kid who finally gets to play at Penn St. misses some field goals then you're kinda twisted yourself. Know what I mean? He didn't hose some little boy in the shower, Sandusky did. I'm 100% for crucifying/draw & quartering/ugga bugga to deathing all the pervs and those that hid the crimes, but nobody who is playing football at Penn State right now is guilty of any of those crimes. Hate Sandusky, hate Paterno if you must, but get over it with the fans/players of Penn State.

SoonerBread
9/9/2012, 08:22 PM
Hate Sandusky, hate Paterno if you must, but get over it with the fans/players of Penn State.

But those people are still Paterno lovers. Until they shun him and his minions totally and together, they deserve to be derided. It's not about finding joy in the kids' failures, it's about finding joy in the fact that people who still idolize Paterno are in agony over their football team's misfortunes. There were signs in the stadium last week supporting JoePa. That **** should be scolded to oblivion by all in attendance instead of encouraged by most in attendance. Until they distance themselves completely from all that was wrong with that whole situation and everyone involved, they are getting their just desserts. It seems to this outside observer that they are reticent to move on. They can't say, "We don't condone the problems, but we support Joe Paterno and he was fired unjustly and the Freeh report was totally bogus," and still get a pass from me. I won't root for that university to do anything other than fail until their fan base, alumni, and donors collectively flip off Joe Paterno's edifice.

All I'm saying is that it seems entirely apropos that they are losing in heartbreaking fashion, and I think karma has a lot to do with that. The current team will be just fine; the players are playing, getting a good education, and although losing doing something millions of other late teen and early twenty-something men would love to be doing. So don't get all high and mighty about "the kids." Their lives will be no worse off for having played at Penn State University. Would it be humorous to me if they had totally shunned the Paterno clan and his mess and are losing? No. But they didn't and they are, and that is funny to me. Guess I'm kinda twisted. Sue me.

8timechamps
9/9/2012, 08:24 PM
Just remember, a lot of these same fans now at the games rioted up there when they fired Paterno. I hope they go 0-11.

Could care less about the PSU fans. They're in for a long, dark, ugly period of PSU football (as it should be), but the players didn't do anything wrong. I have to respect any player that chose to stay in that pressure cooker. The poor kicker wasn't even supposed to touch the ball this year. Now, he's probably the scapegoat for the morons that live and die PSU football.

DrZaius
9/9/2012, 09:10 PM

Dumb again! You sir are 0-2 in this thread.

PLaw
9/9/2012, 09:47 PM

Ditto. It's pretty bush and classless to find joy in what these kids are going to experience this fall. I expect more from SOONER fans.

Sad.

nighttrain12
9/9/2012, 09:50 PM
Dumb again! You sir are 0-2 in this thread.

There's nothing wrong with rooting for a team to lose all their games. I did it to a certain extent for many years already because I thought Paterno was full of himself and later appeared to be a little bit senile and should have retired at least 5 years ago. I couldn't tell you one single players name on Penn State now and I don't need to know. It's the name 'Penn State' and based on the way their leaders (football and otherwise) conducted themselves, especially over the last 10 years. That's who/what I hate.

Hopefully I don't have to explain to you why I also hate Oklahoma State and Texas. That should be a no brainer (also). :)

Breadburner
9/9/2012, 10:14 PM
Nothing funny here...

Curly Bill
9/10/2012, 07:06 AM
I think its hilarious! They covered up Sandusky's crimes to protect what was left of their football machine. If they lose every game it would be fitting, and yes..funny as hell!