PDA

View Full Version : Sterling Shephard Article

MsProudSooner
9/8/2012, 11:12 AM
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-football-sterling-shepard-to-make-debut-on-same-field-where-his-late-father-played/article/3707832/?page=2

Can't wait for Sterling to catch his first pass at Owen Field!

Blue
9/8/2012, 11:16 AM
Awesome. Thanks for posting.

JLMSOONER
9/8/2012, 11:20 AM
Yeah I read it. It's pretty moving. Hope he has a great OU career!

WA. Sooner
9/8/2012, 11:28 AM
Make the first play a dump screen to him

goingoneight
9/8/2012, 11:35 AM
I didn't see him at all last week. I saw Neal in, but both times he was in we ran the Nevada draw play.

Piware
9/9/2012, 04:44 PM
His dad was truly a special player in OU history. I always love the legacy players and hope Sterling's OU career is as brilliant as Derick's.

yermom
9/9/2012, 05:06 PM
3 catches for 48 yds :)

C&CDean
9/9/2012, 07:18 PM
I want my kid's football back.

Some of you may know that my youngest kid was hit by a car 14 years ago. When he was up at Children's, John Blake brought him an OU football. No autographs, just the ball. I was taking a graduate class with Derrick Shepard when he was a GA at OU and he said "bring me the ball, and I'll have the guys sign it." A few weeks go by, the class ends, and I don't see Derrick for a month or so. Then, I pick up a newspaper in 1999? I think and it says "Derrick Shepard dead of a heart attack." I go "WTF?" Dude was buffed, happy, and seemed like he had the world by the nads.

Anyhow, I wonder if Sterling still has that ball. It was a regulation football with the OU brand on it. I really don't want it back, but it'd be interesting to know if he has it. Jered is doing great, and doesn't even know about it.

8timechamps
9/9/2012, 08:21 PM
I'm so glad Sterling ended up being talented enough to play for OU. His dad played at OU during an era that didn't see many really gifted receivers come to Norman. The fact that Derrick made it to the NFL as a WR (coming out of a running program like OU) tells you how good he was.

Anyway, kudos to our fans for the extra applause when Sterling caught his first pass in the crimson and cream. He looks to be an exciting player, and I thought he was going to break his last catch for a TD...until he juked himself out. Physically, he looks a lot like Broyles.