PDA

View Full Version : schools pimping out their team for$

5noubus
9/8/2012, 09:38 AM
Please explain to me how and why the NCAA can allow these teams to pimp out their football teams for cash for the school- how is that ok???
Yes I just watched the espn spot- but I've always wondered.

Blue
9/8/2012, 09:42 AM
Its how some programs grow. For example, South Alabama just started a football program 4 or 5 years ago. Thanks to games like that, they'll be a FBS school sooner rather than later.

ESPN riding their high horse again.

goingoneight
9/8/2012, 10:32 AM
It's embarrassing IMO. On both schools' parts, respectively. If we're such a pansy society now about "bullying," then this nonsense shouldn't be allowed to take place by power conference teams. And as the thread title suggests, you're literally pumping your over-matched guys out to get beat up.
But, maybe I'm old school. Leave the winning to the Oklahomas and Alabamas. **** the rest of 'em... :D

Flagstaffsooner
9/8/2012, 10:55 AM
Desmond Howard talking about pimping is funny. At least he wasnt wearing his banana yellow suit.

85sooners
9/8/2012, 11:06 AM
Make that money!!

yermom
9/8/2012, 11:07 AM
it seems to me that FCS teams shouldn't play BCS schools. maybe the classifications should change or something

yermom
9/8/2012, 11:07 AM
of course, then there are the James Madisons and Appalacian States out there

Blue
9/16/2012, 02:35 AM
NC State 31 South Alabama 7.

Thank you for that big check and this program will go from non existent 6 years ago to relevant soon enough.

End of and Answer to this thread. Go complain about something else un-pc.

BigTip
9/16/2012, 09:24 AM
I sometimes laugh when I see who is playing who. I think that before a team can play a "real" team that there should be a law that at least some one in America should know not only that your school HAS a football team, but be able to recognize that the school even exists.

Idaho?

Tennessee TECH!??!!

agoo758
9/16/2012, 11:40 AM
It wouldn't bug me if the players got a cut of the money, instead AD's throw kids to get the **** beat out of them so that they can fatten their own wallet.

Savannah State's AD should be fired for what he did this year.

Edit: Furthermore, Oregon's OOC is unacceptable. They should be passed over by a one loss team for the MNC.