PDA

View Full Version : Heres the deal on the Game on Direct

olevetonahill
9/8/2012, 08:33 AM
Just got off the phone with em .
If you dont have a Land line hooked to your receiver you have to order the Game thru them ONE hour before Game time. Or I could agree to buy Game plan for 140 bucks, Not sure if I would still have to pay the PPV price ,

You might be able to order the game On line at their website ONE hour before Game time
It will be on channel 787 according to the little girl I talked to.

C&CDean
9/8/2012, 08:47 AM
Just got off the phone with em .
If you dont have a Land line hooked to your receiver you have to order the Game thru them ONE hour before Game time. Or I could agree to buy Game plan for 140 bucks, Not sure if I would still have to pay the PPV price ,

You might be able to order the game On line at their website ONE hour before Game time
It will be on channel 787 according to the little girl I talked to.

Do NOT order the game package. I ordered it for the tailgates last year, and it's a bunch of tier 99 POS games - none in high def. Then, when I tried to cancel they made me finish the year, and then automatically charged me for this year too. It's taken 4 phone calls to finally get the crap off my bill.

So far I can't find anything on Dish for it.

olevetonahill
9/8/2012, 09:14 AM
Do NOT order the game package. I ordered it for the tailgates last year, and it's a bunch of tier 99 POS games - none in high def. Then, when I tried to cancel they made me finish the year, and then automatically charged me for this year too. It's taken 4 phone calls to finally get the crap off my bill.

So far I can't find anything on Dish for it.

Yea I tolt em to shove the game Plan deal
Dish aint carrying th game
so therefore
DirecTV. > Dish :very_drunk:

C&CDean
9/8/2012, 09:22 AM
Dish should pick it up before 6 I'm thinking.

olevetonahill
9/8/2012, 09:25 AM
Dish should pick it up before 6 I'm thinking.

I hope so
But dont hold yer breath Bro

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/083012aab.html

MamaMia
9/8/2012, 10:11 AM
Thats good news to me that you don't need a land line. I guess I'll call them from the stadium to try and have it sent to the house. I wonder if I have to have it tuned to that channel before I leave?

olevetonahill
9/8/2012, 10:12 AM
Thats good news to me that you don't need a land line. I guess I'll call them from the stadium to try and have it sent to the house. I wonder if I have to have it tuned to that channel before I leave?

Why would you do that?

Can you set it up to record before you buy?

MamaMia
9/8/2012, 10:26 AM
I did that already but last time I called them, bought the PPV game and turned it to that channel before I left, it didn't record. They said it was because I didn't have a land line hooked up to the TV. I did not however, call them an hour before to order it. I ordered it the day before. They told me yesterday that if I order it that I only have 48 hours to watch it IF it records and they wouldn't give me any guarantees. I would think for 40 bucks that you should be able to keep the game on your play list and watch it however long you want.

olevetonahill
9/8/2012, 10:35 AM
I did that already but last time I called them, bought the PPV game and turned it to that channel before I left, it didn't record. They said it was because I didn't have a land line hooked up to the TV. I did not however, call them an hour before to order it. I ordered it the day before. They told me yesterday that if I order it that I only have 48 hours to watch it IF it records and they wouldn't give me any guarantees. I would think for 40 bucks that you should be able to keep the game on your play list and watch it however long you want.

Think Id just get some one to record it for you and send you a copy

Ruf/Nek7
9/8/2012, 10:36 AM
I ordered it last night by going to channel 787 and my box is not connected to a land line. It may be good to go now. I was told by a customer service rep that they were updating their system and as soon as it was done, it was good to go. You guys may want to go ahead and try ordering it through the box. If not, you can text "Event" to 223322 and that should help order it for those not connected via landline. BOOMER!

Turd_Ferguson
9/8/2012, 10:36 AM
Ordered the game earlier this morning...Foaty dolla.

Flagstaffsooner
9/8/2012, 10:48 AM
I hope so
But dont hold yer breath Bro

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/083012aab.html

Cool I thought, Suddenstink is carring it. But, no, not here.

JLEW1818
9/8/2012, 11:11 AM
I live in Kingwood and have ****ty sudden link! For once it finally pays off and I get to watch the game.

Will all showings be in HD?

FtwTxSooner
9/8/2012, 11:20 AM
$40? F'in uverse charged me $50 for the game.