PDA

View Full Version : How will the new SEC members fare this weekend?

8timechamps
9/7/2012, 12:36 PM
Missouri gets #7 Georgia at home, and A&M gets #24 Florida at home. I heard one of the reporters on ESPN say that Georgia would be playing in a "very hostile" environment...I had to chuckle. All of the times I've been to Columbia, I've never felt like it was "hostile". Maybe it's changed since the last time I was there.

yermom
9/7/2012, 12:37 PM
it was pretty hostile the last time i was there :(

8timechamps
9/7/2012, 12:39 PM
it was pretty hostile the last time i was there :(

Was that two years ago? The last time I was there, was probably '02.

Pricetag
9/7/2012, 12:41 PM
They could both actually win this weekend.

Florida is nothing to write home about. I could see them getting stunned by the Ag factor down there and losing.

I heard Georgia mentioned in the same breath as OU in the media, so they must be pretty overrated.

badger
9/7/2012, 12:45 PM
mizz fans can be a bit trashy, yes. a&m fans are just batsheet crazy.

and they're both going to flail about in their failness in loss Saturday. On national television. In the S-E-C! S-E-C!

Can't say they didn't ask for this -- losing in the SEC, I mean. They might have been delusional about their chances in the Big 12, but nobody really said anything about winning in the SEC, at least not right away.

Sooo... losing. hehehe

8timechamps
9/7/2012, 12:46 PM
They could both actually win this weekend.

Florida is nothing to write home about. I could see them getting stunned by the Ag factor down there and losing.

I heard Georgia mentioned in the same breath as OU in the media, so they must be pretty overrated.

I wouldn't be surprised if either won. I gave Florida the edge because it's the opener for A&M. I think Mizzou may beat Georgia.

At least we played good on one side of the ball last week, Georgia's "super strong SEC" defense looked pretty weak, and outside of their freshman running back, didn't look too hot. But, first games don't really tell you much, so we'll see...

SoonerCLF
9/7/2012, 01:06 PM
The Ags have a shot against Florida, especially @ kyle field. It doesn't look good for Muschump this season.

Georgia should stomp Mizzou.

8timechamps
9/7/2012, 01:08 PM
I'm having a little bit of a problem, I really like Sumlin, but really hate the aggies. Is there any way for Sumlin to be successful without the aggies winning?

CowboyMRW
9/7/2012, 01:13 PM
I think Mizzou pulls it out. Not a fan of Georgia. But I do like Richt.

I hope AnM falls flat on their face. Supposedly this is the biggest game in Aggie history and I want nothing more than for them to fail. While they have a decent shot, I also think Florida's defense is gonna be way too powerful for AnM.

badger
9/7/2012, 01:16 PM
I'm having a little bit of a problem, I really like Sumlin, but really hate the aggies. Is there any way for Sumlin to be successful without the aggies winning?

He makes the money on his contract whether the Ags win or lose. I'd say that's pretty darn successful... and given how badly Houston looks this year, is Sumlin really as good as we thought he was with Case Keenie last year?

cccasooner2
9/7/2012, 01:17 PM
Who wins? (you can vote for more than one)

I voted for all four choices.

8timechamps
9/7/2012, 01:36 PM
He makes the money on his contract whether the Ags win or lose. I'd say that's pretty darn successful... and given how badly Houston looks this year, is Sumlin really as good as we thought he was with Case Keenie last year?

True.

Now I just need the team to keep up their end and look horrible tomorrow. Shouldn't be a problem.

Seriously though, I've wondered how good Sumlin really is. Clearly Houston feel off a cliff, but was it because of Keenan's departure, Sumlin's or both.

8timechamps
9/7/2012, 01:36 PM
Who wins? (you can vote for more than one)

I voted for all four choices.

Poll wrecker. :O

(have I mentioned how dumb the "smiley" icons are?)

85sooners
9/7/2012, 01:38 PM
Phuck em

madillsoonerfan5353
9/7/2012, 01:45 PM
The Ags have a shot against Florida, especially @ kyle field. It doesn't look good for Muschump this season.

This!

badger
9/7/2012, 01:48 PM

Stoops, with the exception of two years, had the perfect gameplan for playing in that hellhole:

1- Run the ball to run the clock
2- Prevent defense and prevail
3-???
4- PROFIT!!!!!

Thank you again to the "12th Man" for this:
http://www.utexasclan.com/images/hotlink/12-men.jpg
We didn't need the 12th man, but since Aggie sent him out there, we'll take the penalty and win. Ha!

tycat947
9/7/2012, 01:58 PM
Hope they both lose this weekend and every sec game this year! aggie will have a good chance to win since Fla is not any good! I'm hoping for a repeat of last Thanksgiving eve. aggie playing biggest game ever at home (last game against tu) against a mediocre tu squad and they LOSE!!! How many big leads did they have last year and ended up losing??? A lot! I watched a lot of Fla last weekend and they just aren't very good. Muschump's days are numbered IMO. Hoping Ga can beat the Miss Zou *****cats!

Mac94
9/7/2012, 02:56 PM
A&M is 4-12 since we joined the Big-12 in the first "big" game of the year. Defining "big" as the first OOC game against a BCS conference school or first conference game. The last of those 4 wins came in 2004 when we beat Clemson 27-6 (We lost our opener at Utah). As much as I hope A&M does well ... history is against us here. We are 0-5 versus the SEC in the last three seasons. So the numbers don't favor us. Of course ... new coach, new schemes, so who knows ... wish we had a game under our belt first, though. This FLorida bunch is very beatable ... but so are we.

yermom
9/7/2012, 03:10 PM
Was that two years ago? The last time I was there, was probably '02.

yes. that place was going nuts. they were mouthy as hell outside the game too. nothing like 2006.

i also have this problem.

prrriiide
9/7/2012, 03:33 PM
I thought Misery was starting a true fr 4th string QB due to injury & stupidity? If that's the case, UGA should body-bag the kittens.

Aggy should win handily, by 10-20 pts.

Mac94
9/7/2012, 03:39 PM

Well ... since he was hired we gained 2 conference and 2 national titles ... and haven't even played a down yet. ;)

StoopTroup
9/7/2012, 04:05 PM
Ex-Big XII Teams will be slaughtered just like they were in the Big XII.

Changing Conferences would have only helped if they had joined the Mountain West or C-USA...

Mizzou would really do well in the Mid-American....IMO. They really missed their shot at being a Conference Winner every year.

Blue
9/7/2012, 05:06 PM
Ex-Big XII Teams will be slaughtered just like they were in the Big XII.

+1.

8timechamps
9/7/2012, 05:14 PM
Well ... since he was hired we gained 2 conference and 2 national titles ... and haven't even played a down yet. ;)

Good point, he has ALREADY been successful at A&M. :)

8timechamps
9/7/2012, 07:10 PM
Georgia suspended 4 starters on defense for the Mizzou game. That's really going to hurt. Doesn't matter how good you are, losing four starters on one side of the ball is going to present problems.

MojoRisen
9/7/2012, 07:23 PM
WOW Franklin is going to have a field day on UGA... Aggies win 10-6

Sabanball
9/7/2012, 08:36 PM
I think AM will beat Florida and the dawgs will barely escape Columbia with a win. Both games should be very competitive.

85sooners
9/7/2012, 09:03 PM
They are losers that got tired of being ou&texas door mat so they tucked tail and defected like pu$$ies