PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting a little flustrated.

MamaMia
9/6/2012, 07:35 PM
My modem blew on Friday. I've been using my itsy bitsy iPhone for internet, so yuk! Bought a new Motorola AT&T compatible on Tuesday from Radio Shack. Parts missing, like the cords, modem not wrapped in plastic bag, but I had cords. Hooked it up, registered it with my email and user ID and the modem got hot..., like 110 degrees. All greens except solid non blinking red for 'Internet,'... faded red with green blink every 8 seconds for 'Activity.'

Call AT&T High Sped DSL Tech Support. They ran test. Long story short; they send out a technician today. He says the modem looks like a return. He hooks up another and got me up and running.

I got my money back on what Radio Shack said was a returned modem. I had purchased the last one in stock. Lucky me.

Now I have had to reboot both modem and computer twice in last 6 hours. I'm wondering if its all the highway construction going on 4 blocks over?

Turd_Ferguson
9/6/2012, 08:13 PM
Do you have att land line as well? If so, make sure ALL of your phones are filtered.

MsProudSooner
9/6/2012, 08:19 PM
I have an AT&T 2Wire modem. At least once a day for the last 3 weeks or so I've gotten a red internet light and had to reboot the laptop, but not the modem. The last time this happened, I had to get a new modem, but so far it works OK as soon as I reboot the laptop. Could it be the AT&T signal?

MamaMia
9/6/2012, 09:33 PM
It could be the signal. I do have an AT&T land line. I have the filter. So far its been okay after I rebooted both the modem and computer, but if it happens again, I'm going to get a free house call. Its only happened when the work crew is busy on that construction. Its a mess. Thats why I was wondering if maybe that could be related. :D

Turd_Ferguson
9/6/2012, 10:02 PM
It could be the signal. I do have an AT&T land line. I have the filter. So far its been okay after I rebooted both the modem and computer, but if it happens again, I'm going to get a free house call. Its only happened when the work crew is busy on that construction. Its a mess. Thats why I was wondering if maybe that could be related. :DMama, I seriously doubt the construction is causing you problems. There are a multitude of reasons why your DSL is losing contact but it typically turns out to be something simple. You just have to have the right tech show up to figure it out. Jump up and down on there *** and threaten to cancel your service. That will escalate your issues and get manager's involved.

Are you in Woodward?

MamaMia
9/7/2012, 11:18 AM
Mama, I seriously doubt the construction is causing you problems. There are a multitude of reasons why your DSL is losing contact but it typically turns out to be something simple. You just have to have the right tech show up to figure it out. Jump up and down on there *** and threaten to cancel your service. That will escalate your issues and get manager's involved.

Are you in Woodward?Yes, but it seems to be working okay now. (knock on wood)

SicEmBaylor
9/7/2012, 11:29 AM
You didn't accidentally try to log into your neighbor's wifi in order to contact AT&T Tech Support, did you? ;)

MamaMia
9/7/2012, 08:36 PM
The AT&T tech guy called and came by to see how it was going. It was really nice of him to drop by for a followup. Its working just fine now. For over a decade, at home and at the clinic, we have Direct TV, AT&T everything. Every person I have ever dealt with has been very polite. patient and gentlemanly. I've been very happy with their service.

Now, if they could just fix it to where I could record a PPV football game, without having the phone line hooked up to the TV, so I could watch it the following day, I would have it made. :D

MamaMia
9/8/2012, 10:39 AM
According to olevet, you can do that but you have to call Direct TV an hour before the game starts, so we'll give that a try. :)

I do wish they would allow you to keep the game on your play list after you buy the showing, for more than 48 hours though. For $40.00, they should let you keep it.