PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys have injuries too!

possumfat
9/6/2012, 02:55 PM
Linky: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2-freshmen-season-no-18-182632866--ncaaf.html

STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) -- Two freshmen will miss the entire season for No. 18 Oklahoma State because of knee injuries.

The Cowboys released their first injury report of the season Thursday, listing redshirt freshman cornerback Jonavan Griffin and freshman linebacker Jeremiah Tshimanga out with season-ending knee injuries.

Oklahoma State also lists cornerback Andrae May and receivers David Glidden and Torrance Carr all out for this Saturday night's game at Arizona. Backup defensive end Tyler Johnson and backup linebacker DeMarcus Sherod are listed as probable against the Wildcats.

The team is not releasing specific injury information on players who could return during the season.

MamaMia
9/6/2012, 03:26 PM
So, a couple of redshirt freshmen and 3 out for 1 game? They'll still be just fine.

CowboyMRW
9/6/2012, 03:44 PM
We knew Griffin and Tshimanga were out for the season.

Hopefully Johnson and Carr are back for the Texas game. We were expecting significant contributions from them two. Glidden too, but that may be closer to next year. Hopefully he spends this year fully recovering and is ready to go by next year.

humblesooner
9/6/2012, 03:58 PM
I was wondering when we would get a Cowpoke injury status.
I was concerned.

StoopTroup
9/6/2012, 04:01 PM
You'd almost think this was turning into a place where poke fans can get information about their team.

85sooners
9/6/2012, 04:50 PM
Horse pokers !!!

Widescreen
9/6/2012, 05:27 PM
Tshimanga's had a rough few months.

SoonerNomad
9/6/2012, 05:39 PM
cbssports.com had a link to the story with the title "Two Oklahoma freshman injured". I was happy to see it wasn't actually Oklahoma, but I was annoyed with the headline.

(My reaction of happiness finding out that it wasn't Oklahoma players should not be confused with having any pleasure that OSU players were the ones injured. Just not the case. As I constantly tell my over aggressive 18 year old, you don't want anyone to be injured. You want to play your opponent at their best. Here's hoping the players get back on the field as soon as possible)

goingoneight
9/6/2012, 06:45 PM
cbssports.com had a link to the story with the title "Two Oklahoma freshman injured". I was happy to see it wasn't actually Oklahoma, but I was annoyed with the headline.

(My reaction of happiness finding out that it wasn't Oklahoma players should not be confused with having any pleasure that OSU players were the ones injured. Just not the case. As I constantly tell my over aggressive 18 year old, you don't want anyone to be injured. You want to play your opponent at their best. Here's hoping the players get back on the field as soon as possible)

Injuries suck. Period. Don't like seeing it happen to anybody.

I'm sure that these will be made out to be as significant as the Broyles and Whaley injuries last year by ole Blobert.

opksooner
9/6/2012, 10:09 PM
After what happened to us last year (and their reaction to it) I'm hard pressed to give a **** about their injury report.

CowboyMRW
9/6/2012, 10:29 PM
After what happened to us last year (and their reaction to it) I'm hard pressed to give a **** about their injury report.

I call BS. I know of a lot of people that were very sad to hear about Whaley and Broyles going down. Especially Broyles. Never once did I hear someone go "Hell Yeah!!!! We got this in the bag now. They won't even have enough players to come to Stilly!!!" or something to that effect.

picasso
9/6/2012, 10:32 PM
Well I know a lot of people who laughed out loud and made a bit of a pathetic showing on facebook after Sam Bradford was injured in 2009.
And I read some stupid poke fans saying it was Stoops fault Broyles was injured last season because he left his starters in too long.
**** off Pokes.

Piware
9/9/2012, 05:14 PM
It can't imagine caring any less. I usually hate injuries, like the Walker boy from Tulane who was hurt so badly in their game with TU yesterday, but I have just heard too many Poke giggle with glee when a Sooner got hurt. Payback are hell.

bluedogok
9/9/2012, 05:19 PM
I call BS. I know of a lot of people that were very sad to hear about Whaley and Broyles going down. Especially Broyles. Never once did I hear someone go "Hell Yeah!!!! We got this in the bag now. They won't even have enough players to come to Stilly!!!" or something to that effect.
I know plenty who felt that way...but the quote "a drunken man's words are a sober man's thoughts" comes to mind. Some of them are "drunk" on the hate of all things OU more than they are being fans of OSU.

MamaMia
9/10/2012, 02:35 AM
I call BS. I know of a lot of people that were very sad to hear about Whaley and Broyles going down. Especially Broyles. Never once did I hear someone go "Hell Yeah!!!! We got this in the bag now. They won't even have enough players to come to Stilly!!!" or something to that effect.I have been to that stadium when we had a player down and have had to listen to your band play on and the fans chanting as if nothing had happened.