PDA

View Full Version : Information and FAQs for OU Football’s home opener on Saturday

Jay C. Upchurch
9/6/2012, 11:03 AM
NORMAN -- It's Thursday of game week in Norman and the No. 5 Sooners are focused on their home season opener against Florida A&M Saturday night at Owen Field. Here's a quick rundown of information for Sooner fans to answer the most frequently asked questions leading up to the game.

Q. What time is the game?
Saturday's kickoff is set for 6 p.m. Central at Gaylord Family - Oklahoma Memorial Stadium in Norman.

Q. What weather can we expect for the game?
At kickoff: Expect temperatures in the mid-70s with the possibility of temperatures dropping into the 60s later in the game. Forecasts call for about a 10 percent chance of precipitation with humidity levels at 60 percent. Winds light at 8 mph from the east. Be sure to check for the latest weather updates as game time approaches.

Q. What TV channel is the game on?
The game will be televised by via pay-per-view. Bill Land will call the game alongside Dave Lapham, with Chad McKee on the sideline. The game will be available on a dedicated pay-per-view channel on participating Oklahoma and Texas program providers and nationwide via participating satellite and Telco distributors.

Q. How can I listen to the Sooners on the radio?
Fans can listen to the OU radio broadcast on any official Sooner Sports Network affiliate. Broadcast begins two hours prior to kickoff with the Sooner Tailgate Show featuring Toby Rowland, Merv Johnson, Chris Plank, Teddy Lehman and Dusty Dvoracek. This show features interviews with coaches and players and a pregame conversation with Head Coach Bob Stoops. Following the game, the Sooner Wrap-up Show features game highlights, player comments and postgame interviews with Coach Stoops and assistant coaches.

Q. How can I follow the Sooners online?
SoonerSports.com will again deliver its popular live blog from behind the Sooner sideline, along with official live stats. A live audio stream of the OU radio broadcast of the game is available through the Oklahoma All-Access pay service.

Q. Can I watch the game online?
The TV network broadcasting the game has exclusive rights to the live video. OU All-Access has never had the opportunity to webcast a football game live because all the games have been on TV.

Q. Will the Switzer Center be open to fans this weekend?
For home football games, the center is open Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. The center is closed on Saturday (for football recruiting) but is open again on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Q. When/where is Sooner Fan Fest?
Fan Fest will be held in the Rhyne Hall parking lot directly east of McCasland Field House. Fan Fest opens at 3 p.m. in the new location off Jenkins Ave.

See the list of activities below:

*From 3:15-4:30 p.m., fans will have the opportunity to meet Boomer and Sooner and have their photos taken with the Sooner Schooner, mascots and members of the OU Spirit and Pom squads.

*Lower 40 will be performing on the visitnorman.com sound stage from 3:15-4:30 p.m.

*Activities include inflatable basketball hoop shoot, balloon animal artists, face painters, enter to win, and interactive booths provided by Morris Motor Sports, GMC, Clearsight, OU Book Store, Deep South, AT&T and Newcastle/Chickasaw Nations.

*Kingfisher Cookers and Cherry Berry will be on site with food and drinks available for purchase.

*GoVision will be broadcasting college football games around the country.

*Teddy Lehman and Dusty Dvoracek from KREF 1400 AM will be hosting a live radio remote from 3-5 p.m.

*Pep rally with The Pride of Oklahoma, OU Spirit, Pom, Mascots and Grand Marshall will begin at 4:40 p.m.

Q. When/where is the Sooner Club Tailgate?
The Sooner Club Tailgate is located inside the Mosier Indoor Facility and opens two-and-a-half hours prior to kickoff and closes 30 minutes prior to kickoff.

Q. How many consecutive sellouts for Oklahoma?
Oklahoma anticipates its 81st consecutive sellout for the Florida A&M game. The streak covers every game of Coach Stoops' tenure dating back to the season opener in 1999. In 2011, Oklahoma fans set a program record for average season attendance at 85,161.

Q. How has OU fared in home season openers?
OU is 81-13-6 in home openers. Bob Stoops is 12-1 in home openers.

Q. What is OU's history with Florida A&M?
Oklahoma has never played Florida A&M, a Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) school located in Tallahassee, Fla.

Q. Where can I park for the game?
Public parking is limited on the main campus on game days. Pay parking lots are located around the stadium. Spaces are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. It is recommended that fans utilize one of the three shuttle systems available. Free parking is available at the Lloyd Noble Center, located approximately one mile south of the stadium. A shuttle is provided for $2 round trip and unloads one block south of the stadium on First Street. The shuttle provides return trips for one hour after the conclusion of the game.

Q. Where can I park my RV for the game?
The OU Athletics Department is pleased to offer 130 RV hookup spots with both 50 (208 volt) and 30 (120 volt) amp options in the southwest parking lot of Lloyd Noble Center and non-electric spots in the northwest parking lot of Lloyd Noble Center. A shuttle service from RV parking to the stadium is available. For price and registration information, please call 405-325-4666 or visit SoonerSports.com. For more information about RV parking at the Lloyd Noble Center please call the Lloyd Noble Center Business Office at (405) 325-4666. RV parking is not allowed in any campus parking lot except for those designated for RV parking.

Q. What are OU's tailgating policies?
The setting up of tents, awnings and similar equipment may commence at noon the day immediately preceding game day (typically on Friday for a Saturday game). The items must be taken down and removed by noon on the day immediately following (typically Sunday). Tents, awnings and similar equipment must be securely anchored. Stakes must not be longer than 12 inches in order not to interfere with underground utilities. See the full list of tailgating policies at SoonerSports.com for more details.

Q. When can I enter the stadium?
Students (Gates 7 & 12), suite, club seat holders and Santee Lounge guests (Gates 3, 10 and Asp Parking Garage Level 5) may enter the stadium two hours prior to kickoff. All others may enter 90 minutes before kickoff.

Q. What if I don’t have a bag to be searched?
Express Lanes at various gates around the stadium will be available this season for fans who don’t have bags that need to be searched. Fans should take advantage of the Express Lanes to expedite their entry into the stadium. Others are encouraged to bring as little as possible with them through security.

Q. What items are restricted?
Only those items needed for medical or family needs plus empty, clear, personal-sized containers suitable for drinking water will be permitted. All other bags, backpacks, fanny packs, cases for binoculars, cameras or other items, and purses larger than 10" by 10", are prohibited. All carried items and entrants are subject to search. Prohibited items must be returned to the owner’s car or discarded. A list of restricted items is available below.

Q. Can I use tobacco on campus?
As a reminder, early this year Governor Mary Fallin issued an executive order that all state-funded institutions, including the entire OU campus and all University-owned, operated, leased and/or controlled properties be tobacco-free. This policy prohibits the use of ALL tobacco products.

Q. How can I find my seat?
Stadium attendants will assist fans in locating specific seating locations. Please refer to the seating chart at SoonerSports.com to familiarize yourself with your section of the stadium. A seating chart is also located on the back of your ticket.

List of Restricted Items
· Alcoholic beverages
· Baby seats
· Baby strollers
· Backpacks, fanny packs and hard binocular cases
· Banners/signs
· Beach balls
· Cameras (professional equipment or cameras with long telephoto lenses)
· Coolers or containers
· Explosives/firearms/weapons
· Folding chairs or stools
· Food and beverages
· Ice chests
· Laser pointers
· Noisemakers of any type (i.e. air horn, plastic horn, whistle, etc.)
· Pets (with the exception of animals used by disabled guests)
· Personal heaters
· Purses larger than 10” x 10”
· Stadium seats with armrests and/or over 16 inches wide
· Umbrellas (per Big 12 Conference)

OU SID Report