PDA

View Full Version : I think Landry will win the Heisman this year...

Soonerus
9/5/2012, 08:57 PM
You can just tell by watching him play....

Breadburner
9/5/2012, 09:08 PM
http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/1300000/Troll-Doll-troll-dolls-1353646-302-450.jpg

salth2o
9/5/2012, 09:09 PM
I like the way you think, but ESPiN has anointed Barkley @ USuC as their choice.

En_Fuego
9/5/2012, 09:10 PM
I really tend to agree with you Rus, I think this on the road first game was just that, "on the road, first game". This is Landry's year, he understands that. I expect to see a different team and QB come Saturday in Norman.

Spek !

CowboyMRW
9/5/2012, 09:14 PM
I like the way you think, but ESPiN has anointed Barkley @ USuC as their choice.

Meh, they had anointed Luck until Griffin came out of nowhere.

Soonerus
9/5/2012, 09:22 PM
Clearly Landry, Barkley will get VD or something...

8timechamps
9/5/2012, 09:28 PM
Meh, they had anointed Luck until Griffin came out of nowhere.

They always pick one player to anoint, and that usually doesn't work out.

8timechamps
9/5/2012, 09:29 PM
Just wait until Landry throws for 850 yards and 10 touchdowns against Texas...then the media will be all over him.

CowboyMRW
9/5/2012, 09:46 PM
They always pick one player to anoint, and that usually doesn't work out.

I'm trying to think of the last time it actually did work. Not last year.
Tebow never got his 2nd.
Sam was hyped in 2009 but he was injured 1st game.

Troy Smith??

En_Fuego
9/5/2012, 09:49 PM
Tebow never got his 2nd.

Troy Smith??

I don't know, but Vinny Testaverde comes to mind !

8timechamps
9/5/2012, 09:59 PM
Tebow never got his 2nd.

Troy Smith??

Could be, I can't remember. I know they loved Luck last year and the year before they liked him, but kind of split their hype between he and LaMichael James. In 08 it was Tebow and if I remember correctly, McFadden in 07.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/5/2012, 10:56 PM
He will have to get better at hitting open guys in the hands

not too much disrespect meant....after all, he was running for his life Saturday night. But he didnt have a good game.

olevetonahill
9/5/2012, 10:59 PM
I hope yer right Rus

nighttrain12
9/5/2012, 11:22 PM
I really tend to agree with you Rus, I think this on the road first game was just that, "on the road, first game". This is Landry's year, he understands that. I expect to see a different team and QB come Saturday in Norman.

Landry's performance against a scrub team at home this Saturday really won't answer any questions about Landry's Heisman chances. I don't think Landry is even top 10 at this point, though its very early.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/6/2012, 12:42 AM
I expect to see a different team and QB come Saturday in Norman.

Right. Different team as in guys like Alex Ross at RB, Durron Neal and Sterling Shepard at WR, Eric Striker at LB, and significant minutes for Jordan Wade, Michael Onuoha, and Charles Tapper on DL. And for QB it probably will be the first and only look we get at Kendal Thompson all year.

If Landry and most of the starters play without very heavy substitutions after about 10 minutes into the second quarter then something is very seriously wrong with this team.

OUTrumpet
9/6/2012, 06:10 AM
Right. Different team as in guys like Alex Ross at RB, Durron Neal and Sterling Shepard at WR, Eric Striker at LB, and significant minutes for Jordan Wade, Michael Onuoha, and Charles Tapper on DL. And for QB it probably will be the first and only look we get at Kendal Thompson all year.

If Landry and most of the starters play without very heavy substitutions after about 10 minutes into the second quarter then something is very seriously wrong with this team.

I would bet 2nd possession of the 2nd half. Even in some of the nasty blowouts they've had, they've kept the starters in for at least a half, and tend to trot em out for 1 more go around in the 2nd half.

badger
9/6/2012, 08:04 AM
When in the last decade has the preseason candidate become the Heisman winner?

Lionfart/Bush are the only ones I can think of.

UberSooner
9/6/2012, 08:35 AM
I don't see Landry as a serious Heisman candidate. Sorry, I love the guy and how he represents the program but he's more Nate Hybl than Sam Bradford. His numbers are very misleading when you consider the YAC component.

badger
9/6/2012, 09:05 AM
Don't knock the Nater. Before Sam, he was the only Stoops quarterback to make a final NFL roster (not counting the practice squad, which ENA spent a few months on in Green Bay). And he won the Big 12. And he won the Rose Bowl... and the Rose Bowl's MVP.

Now, no doubt Sam > Nate, but one could argue that Sam > Every OU quarterback ever.

UberSooner
9/6/2012, 09:14 AM
I agree with you Badger. I wasn't implying that Hybl was bad, simply not a real Heisman continder. Landry, like Hybl, is a top tier college quarterback but there are alot of them found in top ten teams every year that don't contend for the Heisman.

Mississippi Sooner
9/6/2012, 09:22 AM
Barkley is on roids. All the condom players are on roids. It's a fact. I read it somewhere on the internet.

badger
9/6/2012, 10:49 AM
Barkley is on roids. All the condom players are on roids. It's a fact. I read it somewhere on the internet.

The Internet is a good source!
http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/lane-kiffin-quote-790084.jpg
http://www.cbssports.com/images/collegefootball/kellysign.jpg
Note: Vols lost to Florida, but USC beat Duckie

cvsooner
9/6/2012, 11:06 AM
I suspect we'll see the starters play longer than most of us would like against FAMU. Between the kinks of last week and the bye week next week, I'm figuring Stoops will try to get the starters gelling with as much game experience as he's comfortable with.

swardboy
9/6/2012, 11:12 AM
Gee Rus, they're comparing Landry to Hybl now. What do you think of that?

budbarrybob
9/6/2012, 11:16 AM
Don't knock the Nater. Before Sam, he was the only Stoops quarterback to make a final NFL roster (not counting the practice squad, which ENA spent a few months on in Green Bay). And he won the Big 12. And he won the Rose Bowl... and the Rose Bowl's MVP.

Now, no doubt Sam > Nate, but one could argue that Sam > Every OU quarterback ever.

Chrissy Sims made an NFL roster too AND played. I like Nate until after he got taken to the woodshed vs KSU at home. Rembember the game where we took an intentional safety? He got a serious beating and was never the same IMHO. I think LJ is better than Nate but won't even be invited to NY.

CowboyMRW
9/6/2012, 11:20 AM

Holeee ****. I thought you were from Landthieves, the way you troll OP.com.

badger
9/6/2012, 11:24 AM
Holeee ****. I thought you were from Landthieves, the way you troll OP.com.

It's no fun to troll OP. They're too highly offendable. Much easier to watch the poisonous spiders from outside the glass aquarium, thanks :stunned:

CowboyMRW
9/6/2012, 11:44 AM
It's no fun to troll OP. They're too highly offendable. Much easier to watch the poisonous spiders from outside the glass aquarium, thanks :stunned:

It depends on how clever you are and how well you can give/take smack talk. There are some good ones on there though. Vodnik kind of ruined trolling for everyone though as the Mods are very quick to ban to B&F board because of him.

Soonerjeepman
9/6/2012, 12:41 PM
I'd suspect even in a blowout Landry starts the 4th quarter...that is what Stoops does. Not agreeing or disagreeing, just saying. Bell will get the last 13 min of 4th Q.
Defensively or even other offensive possessions will have some mix. After last week's game the starters NEED to have time against someone other than the OU D to get in sync...I can imagine that would be the reasoning.

unless it's like 60's to 0 in the 3rd..anything under 40's the starters will be in.

Just my 2 cents worth

SicEmBaylor
9/6/2012, 12:47 PM
You can just tell by watching him play....
http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/1061evansville.com/files/2012/06/WeedSmoker_Getty_MarcPiscotty.jpg

SicEmBaylor
9/6/2012, 12:48 PM
Gee Rus, they're comparing Landry to Hybl now. What do you think of that?
Hybl was twice the QB that Landry is.

Flagstaffsooner
9/6/2012, 12:54 PM
Sic has OD'd on Zima again.

EatLeadCommie
9/6/2012, 12:57 PM
His Heisman chances went down the tubes with UTEP and it's a good thing, too. I don't want the distraction this year. We'll also be putting in Bell for the usual situations, which will reduced LJ's TD totals.

MamaMia
9/6/2012, 01:56 PM

Spek ! Of course I would love to see Landry win the Heisman, and I believe that he is capable. At home against Florida A&M? I'll reserve my opinion, for what its worth. :O...after both Texas Tech and Texas.

8timechamps
9/6/2012, 02:59 PM
Hybl was twice the QB that Landry is.

Sometime, you should watch football. That way you can make an informed opinion.

Or stick to Baylor.

En_Fuego
9/6/2012, 03:22 PM
His Heisman chances went down the tubes with UTEP and it's a good thing, too. I don't want the distraction this year. We'll also be putting in Bell for the usual situations, which will reduced LJ's TD totals.

This would make way too much sense...........right ?

How about an award for a Belldozer ? ......they have every other freaky award......just playin.....of course..:black_eyed:

En_Fuego
9/6/2012, 03:24 PM
And by the way.....I now fully hate the terms "Belldozer", "Pistol", "Flare Out"............thank you

StoopTroup
9/6/2012, 04:12 PM
I always though he was capable to win a Heisman but I hate that he's now in his 5th season and his back is up against the wall and Broyles is gone. If he does win one this year or even ends up as one of the guys with an invite.....I really think the folks who think he's a bust as a QB really need to stow their BS.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/6/2012, 04:23 PM
Landry's Heisman chances weren't killed in the UTEP game. Regardless of the score and not having the greatest completion percentage, he had 2 TDs and the ever important 0 INTs along with 200+ yards passing. That was not a good game against UTEP, but those numbers don't hurt him in the long run if he puts up big passing numbers in the big games against ranked foes. If Oklahoma and he takes care of business the rest of the way out, we will forget all about that UTEP game sans it being yet another reference point that the Sooners under Bob Stoops have a tendency to underwhelm very early in the season against outmatched non-conference foes.

85sooners
9/6/2012, 04:46 PM
Billy is gonna have a great time yelling boooomaaah! 1000 times in newyork when Landry takes home the hardware

IslandSooner
9/6/2012, 05:11 PM
If we wake up on the morning of October 14th sitting at 5 - 0 with a hangover from celebrating all night........ NOBODY is even going to remember we played UTEP.... LJ can win the Heisman, but things need to upswing for sure. IMHO

85sooners
9/6/2012, 05:55 PM
You got that right!!

En_Fuego
9/6/2012, 06:32 PM
Landry's Heisman chances weren't killed in the UTEP game. Regardless of the score and not having the greatest completion percentage, he had 2 TDs and the ever important 0 INTs along with 200+ yards passing. That was not a good game against UTEP, but those numbers don't hurt him in the long run if he puts up big passing numbers in the big games against ranked foes. If Oklahoma and he takes care of business the rest of the way out, we will forget all about that UTEP game sans it being yet another reference point that the Sooners under Bob Stoops have a tendency to underwhelm very early in the season against outmatched non-conference foes.

If there is any Sunshine to be pumped.............This is the year to do it. They have the talent....well, they did......talking about the OL before they took a major hit..............Ya don't have a OL ........ya don't have chit ! We will see how this unfolds ?

Soonerus
9/6/2012, 08:38 PM
Nate who ??? I do not remember the guy...