PDA

View Full Version : Dm7 is gonna punish

85sooners
9/5/2012, 04:46 PM
The new York football giants tonight!!!

goingoneight
9/5/2012, 06:26 PM
I hope so. The lucky Midjants are starting to **** me off.

... and DM is one of my favorite players in both CFB and the NFL.

CowboyMRW
9/5/2012, 07:13 PM
I need him to. I took him in the 2nd round. Hope he goes off.

Also get Dez, so former alums of both schools representing tonight.

CowboyMRW
9/5/2012, 07:15 PM
I hope so. The lucky Midjants are starting to **** me off.

... and DM is one of my favorite players in both CFB and the NFL.

I don't know how lucky they are. It seems that when they actually make the playoffs, they turn it up a notch. And they have the best D-line in the NFL.

swardboy
9/5/2012, 08:45 PM
Nice 9 yard run by DM ....2:00 minute warning.

jkjsooner
9/5/2012, 09:38 PM
Really really nice 48 yard run for Murray.

Lott's Bandana
9/5/2012, 09:48 PM
Really really nice 48 yard run for Murray.

Thing o beauty.

CowboyMRW
9/5/2012, 09:51 PM
My fantasy team needs either a TD from DM7 or Dez

85sooners
9/5/2012, 10:11 PM
Dm started finding some holes to run through this second half

goingoneight
9/5/2012, 10:17 PM
Remember people around here who used to talk **** about DM?

What was it again?

"He'll never make it in the NFL..."
"He's not that good..."
"Not even the best on his team..."
"He's not fast enough..."
"He's not physical enough..."

Poor DM... if I didn't know any better, I'd say he played for OU fans. :D

picasso
9/5/2012, 11:36 PM
DM7 is a stud. One can only wonder how much better his career would have been minus the freak special teams injuries.

jkjsooner
9/6/2012, 07:54 AM

I actually don't remember that. I'm sure there were a handful of guys who did this but by and large most people here loved DM.

Our only frustration was with his untimely injuries but I don't think anyone blamed those on DM.

BoulderSooner79
9/6/2012, 08:05 AM

The most common theme was "he's lost that burst he had as a freshman". Once someone posted it, many others repeated it. The truth is it takes at least a full year after a major surgery for an RB to get healthy. DM hit his stride around the KSU game in '08 after the '07 surgery and not again until the '10 season after his '08 surgery. (He still had a decent '09). The other thing people forget is OU was a power running team in '07 so he had a few holes that year he wouldn't see again at OU. I thought is was clear in '10 DM was at full speed and a few jaws dropped around here when he posted a 4.4 at the combine.

jkjsooner
9/6/2012, 08:25 AM
The most common theme was "he's lost that burst he had as a freshman".

That was a complaint and I think it was true. I'm not sure if he has the burst he had as a Freshman even now.

That being said I think most people recognized that Murray compensated by improving in other areas, namely becoming much more of a powerful runner than he was as a Freshman. Whether or not he had the Reggie Bush type moves he had early at OU, he became a much better back later in his career.

Soonermagik
9/6/2012, 08:27 AM
He dominated last night.

badger
9/6/2012, 08:31 AM
I got 15 fantasy points of Ahmad Bradshaw last night.

My opponent this week had... Tony Romo. Hehehehehehehehe. Soooo underperformed compared to his projected stats.

My poor husband NP had Dez (not bad night, but underperformed), the Giants defense (ugggggghhh) and G receiver Cruz (another underperformance).

Anyone care to (not lie but tell the truth) admit that they had Ogletree on their team

LiveLaughLove
9/6/2012, 08:35 AM
Next to Sammy B. My daughter absolutely loves DM. She was born in Vegas, so she thinks he's her brother.

CowboyMRW
9/6/2012, 08:59 AM

My opponent this week had... Tony Romo. Hehehehehehehehe. Soooo underperformed compared to his projected stats.

My poor husband NP had Dez (not bad night, but underperformed), the Giants defense (ugggggghhh) and G receiver Cruz (another underperformance).

Anyone care to (not lie but tell the truth) admit that they had Ogletree on their team

Ogletree was only owned in .4% of regular 12 team leagues.

Tony played extremely well last night. He still put up 24 in my league, which is a pretty good night.

Dez had 85 yards receiving on 4 receptions/5 targets. Pretty good night. He could've had an easy touchdown but Romo never saw him when was scrambling.

BoulderSooner79
9/6/2012, 09:04 AM
That was a complaint and I think it was true. I'm not sure if he has the burst he had as a Freshman even now.

That being said I think most people recognized that Murray compensated by improving in other areas, namely becoming much more of a powerful runner than he was as a Freshman. Whether or not he had the Reggie Bush type moves he had early at OU, he became a much better back later in his career.

He accelerates just as well as he always has or he couldn't post a legit 4.4 in the 40. Perhaps he can't juke as well, but he wasn't full grown as a freshman and he has more mass to move - mass he needs or wouldn't be in the NFL right now. Everyone points to that 1 run against the horns and he had a gaping hole which was very close to running a straight line 40 which he could repeat today. And ironically, he hurdled much higher than he needed to clearing that lineman on the ground, and hurt his foot on that very play. (He missed the next game and was limited for several more).

If anyone questions DM acceleration, go back and watch him in the '10 OSU game where he ran down the guy who had a pick-6 on LJ. He closed on that guy in a flash from a long way out and had a good tomahawk chop on the ball right before the goal line. It as an amazing display and he almost saved the day. I even said out loud at the time "lost his burst, my ***".

badger
9/6/2012, 09:05 AM
We should turn this into our Fantasy Football laments/smack talk thread :D

FIVE STARS!

colleyvillesooner
9/6/2012, 10:54 AM

What was he projected? 2 TD's 1 INT and 300 yards is pretty damn good. We have a standard ESPN league and he over performed by 8pts to the projection.

badger
9/6/2012, 11:11 AM
What was he projected? 2 TD's 1 INT and 300 yards is pretty damn good. We have a standard ESPN league and he over performed by 8pts to the projection.

I mixed em up. My opponent had Eli, not Tony.

I play on yahoo. It's about 1 point for every 10 yards rushed, 6 for a TD, etc. etc. Here's how the players fared last night, according to our little yahoo league:

Eli: 13.52 (projected as 19.59)
Ahmad: 15.3 (projected as 11.17)

Note: Ahmad was my spare rb/wr and Eli was my opponent's QB so I am of course giddy over this early week result!

Cruz: 5.8 (projected 10.10)
Dez: 8.5 (projected 10.60)
Dan Bailey: 6 (projected 7.68)
Romo: 27.48 (projected 18.80)
Demarco: 14 (projected 10.17)
Miles: 12.3 (projected 10.33)
NYG defense: 4 (projected 8.53)
Dallas defense: 6 (projected 6.62)

I am new to fantasy football, but the way it was explained to me was...

EXTREMELY good:
-Scoring points on defense

Good:
-Sacks and INTs
-Not giving up tons of points

Bad:
-Giving up tons of points

And of course, wins and losses do not matter at all, so long as your players/defenses perform. :D

As for Ogletree, he didn't play in our league last week (doh doh doh!) but of course someone has him now. He would have gotten someone 21.4. His projected point total? A paltry 1.49 :D

colleyvillesooner
9/6/2012, 11:16 AM
Yes defensive TD's are great. i usually just change defenses every week based on who they are playing.

CowboyMRW
9/6/2012, 11:17 AM
Yes defensive TD's are great. i usually just change defenses every week based on who they are playing.

Pretty much a good choice.

I think that really only Baltimore, Seattle, Pittsburgh, and the Giants are the 3 defenses worth keeping. All others are pretty much interchangeable based upon matchups.

picasso
9/6/2012, 11:41 AM
I actually don't remember that. I'm sure there were a handful of guys who did this but by and large most people here loved DM.

Our only frustration was with his untimely injuries but I don't think anyone blamed those on DM.
Oh there were many. Some folks were still blind to how well he played at oSu in '10.

SapulpaSooner
9/6/2012, 11:56 AM
The new York football giants tonight!!!

I do not know they played football. Thank you for telling me :rolleyes:

badger
9/6/2012, 12:09 PM
I do not know they played football. Thank you for telling me :rolleyes:

word. "football giants" is pretty lame, almost as lame as claiming to be from new york when your stadium is in NEW JERSEY.

but, not everyone can be awesome like the packers, so cut em some slack :D

CowboyMRW
9/6/2012, 12:11 PM
word. "football giants" is pretty lame, almost as lame as claiming to be from new york when your stadium is in NEW JERSEY.

but, not everyone can be awesome like the packers, so cut em some slack :D

I have a feeling you're going to be a sad panda come SuperBowl time.

Pretty sure, the Broncos are winning it this year.

Seamus
9/6/2012, 12:26 PM
"Football Giants" is an allusion to the days when there were two Giants teams playing in New York.

I think when people say it now it's just an homage to the time when it was said commonly, sort of outta necessity.

From Wiki:

To distinguish themselves from the professional baseball team of the same name, the football team was incorporated as the "New York National League Football Company, Inc." in 1929 and changed to "New York Football Giants, Inc." in 1937. Although the baseball team moved to San Francisco after the 1957 season, the football team continues to use "New York Football Giants, Inc." as its legal corporate name,[1] and is often referred to by fans and sportscasters as the "New York Football Giants".

New York Football Giants (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Football_Giants)

New York Giants (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_New_York_Giants_(NL))

EatLeadCommie
9/6/2012, 01:02 PM
It is amazing how DM has transformed his game from his freshman year at OU to where he is now. He has become a much more physical runner more in the mold of AD than he was as a young gazelle burning off a 96 yarder against Utah State. I mean, he was absolutely punishing people last night. And while he clearly doesn't have the speed he used to have, he has enough of it, which is amazing considering his injury history both at OU and now in the NFL. The dude must be the bionic man.

BoulderSooner79
9/6/2012, 01:34 PM
It is amazing how DM has transformed his game from his freshman year at OU to where he is now. He has become a much more physical runner more in the mold of AD than he was as a young gazelle burning off a 96 yarder against Utah State. I mean, he was absolutely punishing people last night. And while he clearly doesn't have the speed he used to have, he has enough of it, which is amazing considering his injury history both at OU and now in the NFL. The dude must be the bionic man.

If he runs a 4.4 now, but clearly doesn't have the speed he used to, how fast was he? Must have been SEC SPEED !

badger
9/6/2012, 01:35 PM

His little backfield maneuver-to-big-run play made SC's top 10 :)

For those of you that missed it:
1-Jm6FUyGJw

picasso
9/6/2012, 01:58 PM
"Football Giants" is an allusion to the days when there were two Giants teams playing in New York.

I think when people say it now it's just an homage to the time when it was said commonly, sort of outta necessity.

From Wiki:

To distinguish themselves from the professional baseball team of the same name, the football team was incorporated as the "New York National League Football Company, Inc." in 1929 and changed to "New York Football Giants, Inc." in 1937. Although the baseball team moved to San Francisco after the 1957 season, the football team continues to use "New York Football Giants, Inc." as its legal corporate name,[1] and is often referred to by fans and sportscasters as the "New York Football Giants".

New York Football Giants (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Football_Giants)

New York Giants (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_New_York_Giants_(NL))
Jim Thorpe once played for the New York Baseball Giants.

badger
9/6/2012, 02:06 PM

Pretty sure, the Broncos are winning it this year.

and you're gonna be a sad... um... magpie come OSU playing a tougher opponent than Savannah State.

bawwwww, so sad so sad little... magpie. you mean we can't beat every opponent 84-0? you mean we'll never win the Big 12 or beat beat gooner ever again? you mean old man weeden and drunkstin blackbon are gone forever? sad, sad... magpie.

CowboyMRW
9/6/2012, 02:49 PM
and you're gonna be a sad... um... magpie come OSU playing a tougher opponent than Savannah State.

bawwwww, so sad so sad little... magpie. you mean we can't beat every opponent 84-0? you mean we'll never win the Big 12 or beat beat gooner ever again? you mean old man weeden and drunkstin blackbon are gone forever? sad, sad... magpie.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sad+panda

Look at #1. That's what I meant by "sad panda".

85sooners
9/6/2012, 04:33 PM
If dm can do this good against the giants line in the second half he may have a hell of a year,as long as romo can keep passing good I don't see why he can't get 1500 yards

picasso
9/6/2012, 10:47 PM
His little backfield maneuver-to-big-run play made SC's top 10 :)

For those of you that missed it:
1-Jm6FUyGJw
If he stays on the sideline he scores. Dez had his man sealed.

bluedogok
9/6/2012, 11:16 PM
I liked him putting Kiwanuka on his rear.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/7/2012, 01:15 AM

Pretty sure, the Broncos are winning it this year.Peyton is making as much money as he can on endorsements right now, because I believe he's scared shi*less about the fragility on his spine/neck. I'm not sure he's rehabbed to the point of safe football playing, nor if he really can.

9/7/2012, 01:51 AM
Well, I totally missed the game. i was wondering if DeMarco was fully rehabbed and playing. I sure hope he stays healthy. We need as many successful OU pros as we can get, to help with recruiting. It appears we are going to come up a bit weaker than usual in recruiting for the '13 class.

CowboyMRW
9/7/2012, 07:17 AM
If he stays on the sideline he scores. Dez had his man sealed.

Honestly it kinda look like he was out of gas. It is early in the season, and no one is really in tip top game shape, but that's what I thought when it happened live.

And then like 5 plays later, Dez tackled Demarco. :biggrin: Sadly I didn't get any fantasy points for the tackle

badger
9/7/2012, 08:12 AM
Well, I totally missed the game. i was wondering if DeMarco was fully rehabbed and playing. I sure hope he stays healthy. We need as many successful OU pros as we can get, to help with recruiting. It appears we are going to come up a bit weaker than usual in recruiting for the '13 class.

I am not sure how much recruiting is helped by successful OU pros. I had no idea that Dan Marino was a Pitt alum till they mentioned it during the boring Big East game last night. Wow, really? And now you suck, just like the Dolphins :P

85sooners
9/7/2012, 10:52 AM
Demarco is the man!!

picasso
9/7/2012, 02:15 PM
Honestly it kinda look like he was out of gas. It is early in the season, and no one is really in tip top game shape, but that's what I thought when it happened live.

And then like 5 plays later, Dez tackled Demarco. :biggrin: Sadly I didn't get any fantasy points for the tackle
Yeah I caught that too. Dez took him down.

BoulderSooner79
9/7/2012, 05:35 PM

More like DM took himself down running over Dez. You could tell it stung Dez on the arm or shoulder and he looked around with that WTF? expression.

Note to DM: Dez is not wearing orange anymore! ;)

CowboyMRW
9/7/2012, 06:45 PM

More like DM took himself down running over Dez. You could tell it stung Dez on the arm or shoulder and he looked around with that WTF? expression.

You know that Bedlam goes hard even in the NFL on the same team :biggrin::biggrin::cheerful:

85sooners
9/7/2012, 07:40 PM
Maybe dm can run over Dan Bailey next game

picasso
9/7/2012, 11:09 PM

I thought that also until I saw a different angle, Dez came from the side. I'm not sure what Demarco was supposed to do.

BoulderSooner79
9/8/2012, 12:29 AM
I thought that also until I saw a different angle, Dez came from the side. I'm not sure what Demarco was supposed to do.

Exactly what he did do. :D

85sooners
9/8/2012, 08:18 AM
Screw the momma hitter!

picasso
9/8/2012, 10:36 AM
Exactly what he did do. :D
Ha! I liked how Dez shook his arm like, hey man, you hit me. heh

badger
9/10/2012, 09:23 AM
Is this still our unofficial fantasy football page? Good, because I have some ranting to do...

WHY IS DETROIT'S DEFENSE SO TERRIBLE?

Oh yeah... because Sam Bradford.

WHY IS THE RUNNING BACK OPPOSING ME GOING OFF FOR 20 POINTS WHEN HE WAS QUESTIONABLE FOR THE GAME AND ONLY PROJECTED TO GET EIGHT?!

Oh yeah... because Adrian Peterson.

:( My fantasy football team was beaten by Sooners. Should I be smiling instead?

:) Sure why not. Boomer!

85sooners
9/10/2012, 10:25 AM
Damn sooners!!

CowboyMRW
9/10/2012, 10:35 AM
I just dominated week 1 in my league. 117 points.

Andrew Luck
DM7
Doug Martin
Calvin Johnson
Dez Bryant
Demaryius Thomas
Coby Fleener
David Akers
Broncos D/ST

In my other league though, sad panda. Least amount of scoring, and I ran into the high scorer for week 1

badger
9/10/2012, 10:40 AM
I just dominated week 1 in my league because I wasn't stupid enough to have former OSU quarterback Brandon Weeden as my fantasy quarterback. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Turn in your Poke card! Or Posse car sticker. Seriously, turn it in. There's was too many of those on the roads in these here parts :mad:

CowboyMRW
9/10/2012, 10:54 AM
Tulsa is an OSU town. I honestly don't see too many OU stickers, which is odd.

picasso
9/10/2012, 11:02 AM
Tulsa is an OSU town. I honestly don't see too many OU stickers, which is odd.
Well, you didn't see as many oSu stickers until lately.

85sooners
9/10/2012, 12:02 PM
Tulsa is an OSU town. I honestly don't see too many OU stickers, which is odd.there is only one osu town and it's called stoolwater!

badger
9/18/2012, 08:18 AM
Are we still using this as the "b!tch about fantasy football" thread? Cuz I've got some b!tching to do.

MY TOP SCORER THIS WEEK WAS MY KICKER!

Granted, 16 points from a kicker (the old fart from Detroit who had 4 field goals and an extra point in Lions' drubbing by Niner) is great, but that means EVERYONE. ELSE. SUCKED.

My first pick, Aaron WODGERS DISCOUNT DOUBLE CHECK might have gotten the W, but he only got ME 12 measily points, which is AW-FUL for a quarterback. Why oh why didn't I play Sam? Oh yeah... BECAUSE AARON RODGERS IS SUPPOSED TO BE BETTER!

My second pick was Greg Jennings, and he was out with injury, so I subbed in Baltimore Boldin... GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

The list of fail continues, from the Detroit defense (STOP SCORING, SAN FRAN!) to Madden cursed Peyton Hillis (YOU SUCK PEYTON! YOU TOO, PEYTON!) to injured Ahmad Bradshaw (WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY) and to add insult to a big line of injuries... I was winning up till last night's game, because my opponent had Matty ice and his running buddy Turner. So I'm like "OK, the Denver defense saved Tebow's arse a billion times, Peyton can nuke Falco for a billion points while Aggie Von and the gang manhandle Fatlanta" but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

B1tching session over. My fantasy season is off to a Nawlins Aint-like start :mad:

SoonerAtKU
9/18/2012, 08:31 AM
I scored 111 points this week. It would have beaten every team in the league except one. You guessed it.

CowboyMRW
9/18/2012, 09:00 AM
I scored 111 points this week. It would have beaten every team in the league except one. You guessed it.

Love when that happens.

I had Hakeem Nicks on my bench and started Dez Bryant. Difference of 24 points. Lost by 10.

DM7 only got me 4. Megatron needs to pick it up. He's not playing like a 1st round pick for me.

delhalew
9/18/2012, 10:11 AM

What was it again?

"He'll never make it in the NFL..."
"He's not that good..."
"Not even the best on his team..."
"He's not fast enough..."
"He's not physical enough..."

Poor DM... if I didn't know any better, I'd say he played for OU fans. :D

DM7's biggest detractor on here was Marty...so that says it all really..

BoulderSooner79
9/18/2012, 10:29 AM
I had my TV on some fantasy show before the games on Sunday. They were recommending that people pick up Danny Amendola for later in the season. I guess later meant later that day. Disclaimer: I don't know how fantasy is scored so I don't know if Amendola's big day actually translated to points. Sure seems like Sam is going to throw his way a bunch.

CowboyMRW
9/18/2012, 10:34 AM
I had my TV on some fantasy show before the games on Sunday. They were recommending that people pick up Danny Amendola for later in the season. I guess later meant later that day. Disclaimer: I don't know how fantasy is scored so I don't know if Amendola's big day actually translated to points. Sure seems like Sam is going to throw his way a bunch.

Big think with Amendola is he really only has value in a PPR league.

He's not a touchdown guy or a 100+ yard/game guy. He get a lot of short receptions that don't add up to many yards, but in a PPR league, he is very valuable.

SoonerAtKU
9/18/2012, 10:35 AM
It was a ton of points in my PPR (Points Per Reception) league, which is really to balance out how heavily weighted fantasy used to be towards running backs. His 30+ points were one of the big reasons I lost.

badger
9/18/2012, 10:44 AM
As long as we're all participating in the Fantasy Football Anonymous circle, here goes:

My name is badger, and I suck at fantasy football.

(hi badger)

My biggest problems are (1) I love my Packers so much that I draft them when I can, (2) I also draft based on previous performances versus the Packers and (3) Injuries, dammit.

Here is my team (starter first, bench second)
QB: Rodgers/Sammie
WR: Jennings (GB), Nelson (GB), Bradshaw (NYG)/Boldin(BA), Meacham(SD),Moss(SF) that was my final pick don't fault me
TE: Pettigrew(DE)/Gresham(CI)
RB: Hillis(KC),Greene(NYJ)/McGahee(DE)
K: Old fart Detroit
D: Detroit

My mistakes this week:
-Sammie on the bench in favor of Rodgers
-Replacing injured Jennings with inept Boldin
-Having McGahee on the bench when he runs off for 30+ fantasy points on MNF
-Running backs sucking in general
-Detroit's defense not playing up to potential. Bastards. Stompy Suh especially.
-Injuries hitting at the wrong time
-TE position worthless
-Kicker is highest scorer?!

Seriously Fantasy Football Anonymous support group, I need help or I'm gonna be 0-3 after next week. Who to drop, who to pursue, who to bench, who to play, helphelphelphelphelp :(

CowboyMRW
9/18/2012, 10:51 AM
As long as we're all participating in the Fantasy Football Anonymous circle, here goes:

(hi badger)

My biggest problems are (1) I love my Packers so much that I draft them when I can, (2) I also draft based on previous performances versus the Packers and (3) Injuries, dammit.

WR: Jennings (GB), Nelson (GB), Bradshaw (NYG)/Boldin(BA), Meacham(SD),Moss(SF) that was my final pick don't fault me

My mistakes this week:
-Detroit's defense not playing up to potential. Bastards. Stompy Suh especially.
-TE position worthless

Seriously Fantasy Football Anonymous support group, I need help or I'm gonna be 0-3 after next week. Who to drop, who to pursue, who to bench, who to play, helphelphelphelphelp :(

I would try and handcuff Jacquizz Rogers, especially since Michael Turner just got a DUI.

McGahee should start 99% of the time with Peyton. He loves running the ball.

badger
9/18/2012, 10:54 AM
I would try and handcuff Jacquizz Rogers, especially since Michael Turner just got a DUI.

McGahee should start 99% of the time with Peyton. He loves running the ball.

Quizz is taken... by my dear husband NP, who also is having fantasy football issues this season. His opposing quarterback this week? RG3. 30+ points in a losing effort! GAH.

I will start McGahee in favor of worthless Hillis. Or is Bradshaw gonna be injured next week too

badger
9/18/2012, 10:56 AM
Here are the top available RBs according to yahoo in our league:
Marcus Thigpen (mia)
Jackie Battle(sd)
Andre Brown(nyg)
Shaun Draughn(kc)
Mike Goodson(oak)
Joique Bell(det)
Lamar Miller(mia)
Kendall Hunter(sf)
Daryl Richardson(stl)
Leon Washington(sea)
LaRod Stephens-Howling(ari)
Dexter McCluster(kc)

If I pick up a new one, I have to drop anyone on the team at any position.

CowboyMRW
9/18/2012, 11:05 AM
Quizz is taken... by my dear husband NP, who also is having fantasy football issues this season. His opposing quarterback this week? RG3. 30+ points in a losing effort! GAH.

I will start McGahee in favor of worthless Hillis. Or is Bradshaw gonna be injured next week too

Pretty sure Bradshaw is out, at least according to Insider for Thursday's game. Might look at Andre Brown. Backup RB for the Giants.

Mississippi Sooner
9/18/2012, 11:51 AM
Love when that happens.

I had Hakeem Nicks on my bench and started Dez Bryant. Difference of 24 points. Lost by 10.

DM7 only got me 4. Megatron needs to pick it up. He's not playing like a 1st round pick for me.

I feel your pain. I left Nicks on the bench this past week in favor of Percy Harvin. Real smart move.

And Megatron's lack of production is costing me as far as having Stafford for a QB. Where is that explosive Lions passing attack?

badger
9/18/2012, 12:07 PM
Where is that explosive Lions passing attack?

The Lions have always been mediocre and a Stompy Suh, Megatron Receiver and Stafford Loan aren't going to change that.
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/detroit-lions-0-16.jpg

I say this, despite having Detroit's TE and D, yes.

SoonerNomad
9/18/2012, 12:07 PM

(hi badger)

My mistakes this week:
-TE position worthless

I appreciate your candor about your fantasy abilities. You needed help before the draft to avoid some hiccups such as picking players from your favorite team or from your favorite college team. Your picking up players that have done well against your Packers is another no-no. You are not a Detroit fan, but you have too many Lions on your squad. Of course, I am just repeating what you have already conceded. It's now time to try and fix what has been done. I don't know how trade happy your league is, but you will probably have to move one of those QB's. You said you made a mistake starting Rodgers over Sammie last week, but that is a mistake you would probably make every week. If you have Rodgers you start him. If you think Sammie's numbers on Sunday are the start of good things to come you should try to trade Rodgers to get a better RB and WR. I would caution that those numbers came against the Redskins who have not done well on defense in the first two weeks. If you think Bradford hit his high water mark, then now is the best time to trade him. You won't get as good a RB as you would for Rodgers, but go look and see who in your league is struggling at QB and has some RB depth and start bargaining. you should get something better than you currently have. At least better than HIllis and Greene. Play McGahee every week. They need to run the ball and will run it in the future.

WR is the deepest position in the NFL and if you are diligent you should be able to pick up a couple of productive WR over the next few weeks. Your GB affinity has helped you a little at WR. Your only two week to week starters are Nelson and a healthy Jennings. I would feel free getting rid of any of the others should you find someone that is making plays that is available.

As for your defense, start picking up a different defense each week based on matchups. Find out who is playing Jacksonville or Cleveland and if they are available, pick them up.

CowboyMRW
9/18/2012, 12:13 PM
The Lions have always been mediocre and a Stompy Suh, Megatron Receiver and Stafford Loan aren't going to change that.

I say this, despite having Detroit's TE and D, yes.

Pettigrew is a good pickup as a TE. He's Stafford's favorite target in the Red Zone. He led all receivers in Red Zone targets last year. He doesn't get the yards like Graham or Gronk, but he's a solid play at TE.

badger
9/18/2012, 12:35 PM
I appreciate your candor about your fantasy abilities.
I only started last season, and that was because NP (a poster here who I'm married to) asked me to try it out. That's what brought me back this season, but I watch football anyways so it's kind of fun.

Pettigrew is a good pickup as a TE.
You aren't biased at all in the assessment, are you MRW?
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/97584/brandon_pettigrew_medium.jpg

As for your defense, start picking up a different defense each week based on matchups. Find out who is playing Jacksonville or Cleveland and if they are available, pick them up.

I am soooo ready to dump Detroit's defense... which other teams are crap that would make good D opposition pickups?

85sooners
9/18/2012, 02:41 PM
Pettigrew is a good pickup as a TE. He's Stafford's favorite target in the Red Zone. He led all receivers in Red Zone targets last year. He doesn't get the yards like Graham or Gronk, but he's a solid play at TE.I have pettiness and he don't score s$it!!

CowboyMRW
9/18/2012, 03:27 PM
He had 11 points last week in standard scoring leagues. Which is pretty good for a TE not named Jimmy Graham or Rob Gronkowski.

Week 1, he had 2 red zone targets which led the NFL in week 1. Stafford over threw him on the 1st one and the pass was defended on the second one.

9/18/2012, 04:06 PM
Anything new on DM?

badger
9/19/2012, 08:03 AM
Anything new on DM?

Seattly is worried about him (http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/09/16/2298407/seahawks-worry-about-cowboys-demarco.html) :)

Also, anyone else watch/listen to Stoops' call-in show last nite? I was nursing Baby Badger anyways so I was like "what the heck"

Stoops had two calls that irritated him and one was concerning Demarco (and Sammie and AD). The caller wanted Stoops' thoughts on those three getting injured and it being connected to college strength and conditioning. Stoops answered the question (and I'm sure he's answered it billions of times before), basically staying that it's a tough game, that players without strength and conditioning would get injured every play, that those three are making lots of money in part because of their college coaching and that some hits in football no amount of coaching you can prepare for. The other dude noted that AD returned from injury really fast as a result of his strength and conditioning.

The highlight of the show, however, was when Earl from OKC was cutoff because the host could tell he was about to old-man ramble. Would anyone here like to lay claim to being Earl from OKC? :D

Breadburner
9/19/2012, 08:14 AM
Arizona has a good D...

badger
9/20/2012, 02:07 PM
All right you effing hillbillies, I have a very crazy matchup this upcoming week, which starts with the game tonight. I am going against someone projected to have at least 16 points more than me with my current lineup. SO! Help...

QB:
Me: Aaron Rodgers (backup Sammie)
Him: Michael Vick

I would hope that either Aaron or Sammie would get more points that injury-prone Ron Mexico. Am I OK with Aaron (@Sea) or should I switch to Sammie (@Chi)?

WRs:
Me: Jordy Nelson(GB), Anquan Boldin(BAL) (backups Greg Jennings(GB), Donnie Avery(IND)
Him: AJ Green and Julio Jones

I picked up Donnie Avery on a whim based on projected points (he's going against Jax this week) but I am not quite to the point of un-benching him. Is Boldin going to suck again this week? Is Jennings going to be healthy enough to score as much as the primary Packers receiver should? HELP

TE:
Me: Brandon Pettigrew(DET) (Backup: Scott Chandler -BUF)
Him: Vernon Davis

Can you see why I am screwed this week?! I picked up Scott Chandler as the backup because they're going up against Cleveland this week and I figured that the Browns defense would be one to have a career game against. Once again, HELP

RBs:
Me: Shonn Greene(NYJ), Andre Brown(NYG), Willis McGahee(DEN) (Backups: Injured Ahmad BradshawNYG, worthless Peyton HillisKC)
Him: Arian Foster, Trent Richardson, CJ Spiller

See?! It's like I'm playing a rigged game here! I can't win! Lose lose lose. Injury, underperform, boo. TRIPLE WORD SCORE: HELPHELPHELP

Defense:
Me: Indianapolis (going up against Jax)
Him: Chicago (going up against St. Louis)

I took someone's suggestion and sought out who was playing Cleveland or Jacksonville. I know Indy's defense isn't that intimidating, but hell, Detroit wasn't doing crap for me the first two weeks so Indy can't be much worse unless they go into negative numbers. This is one of the few matchups I feel good about.

Kicker:
Me: Old fart Detroit
Him: Old fart Oakland

It's a push. It's not like kickers should matter in FOOTball anyway, amirite?

Once again, HELP. :(

CowboyMRW
9/20/2012, 08:17 PM
I only pray you played Andre Brown

badger
9/20/2012, 08:34 PM
Had to. Bradshaw was injured. Hes got 14 pts for me already :)

Husband np has both giants defense and cruz. Too bad tellus got the td and not cruz :( their d is contain the carolina cams though

badger
9/21/2012, 09:59 AM
Did I mention that I picked up TWENTY FIVE POINT GETTING Brown yesterday morning?

I feel like dancing.
http://www.ericthibodeau.com/strongbad_dance.gif

What a day to pick a career-high performance running back :D

CowboyMRW
9/21/2012, 12:18 PM
I'm going to have to start charging for Fantasy advice here :D

badger
9/24/2012, 02:29 PM
I'm going to have to start charging for Fantasy advice here :D

Your fantasy advice did NOT help this week, unless Wodger Discount Double Check and either Jordy or Jennings go off for a combined 60 points.

Since OSU and OU both didn't win last weekend, let's bemoan something worth bemoaning: Badger's fantasy football team.

Small victory: Aaron has yet to play, but SF.com did offer sound advice on not playing Sammie, my backup. My opponent's QB, Michael Vick, had a paltry 8-point showing. Methinks Aaron can at least do that.

Small loss: Thanks to Andre Brown's 25-point performance on Thursday, our running backs were nearly even-matched. Arian Foster, Trent Richardson and CJ Spiller combined for about 35 for my opponent. Willis McGahee went down with injury, Shonn Greene didn't get the ball much cuz Sanchez was busy throwing interceptions and they decided to Tebow it up instead, boo, but at least there was Andre Brown.

Just a loss: Vernon Davis got 10 points, Pettigrew got 4. Pettigrew had too much Poke in him to not fumble that ball. :stunned:

Major loss: AJ Green and Julio Jones combined for 35... for my opponent. I have yet to play one Packer receiver, but Anquan Boldin only got 4 for me yesterday night. Grrr.

Flawless loss: I took someone's SF.com advice and found the team playing Jacksonville for my defense. The Indy defense got ONE POINT! JUST ONE! Whereas my opponent's defense, the Chicago Bears, got 23.

So anyways, SF.com, Since I am losing regardless, here is my question: Do I play the injured Greg Jennings who said he is healthy enough to play tonight, or do I stick with Jordy Nelson, who is usually the No. 2 receiver behind Jennings, but will likely get a lot of receptions if Greg is too injured to make plays?

Go ahead, offer advice! It's not like either of our teams won last weekend. [hairGel]

badger
9/25/2012, 08:12 AM
So... Jordy Nelson was the one that got pushed off on during that final controversial play and Wodgers was sacked 8 times by the time I went to bed and finished with zero touchdowns.

You know that NFL Network that has that song "Cuz you had a bad day" showing the frustrations of fantasy football failures (including that chick with the running mascara for her team Romolicious)? That's gonna me... right now. I'm like the Nawlins Aints. Oh and Three. Gag.

badger
10/1/2012, 08:05 AM
The New Orleans Saints and me.

We are both 0-4 after this weekend.

Wodgers had a great night, but WR1 Greg Jennings went out with groin issues.

WR2 Jennings was good.

RB1 Brown from NYG who got me 25 points last week? Bradshaw returned and I forgot to un-bench him :mad:

Not all bad news, because I would have benched Willis Magahee, who ended up getting about 18 pts.

TE Poke Pettigrew is about as worthless as my third attempt at a defense, Seattle (at least Sammie got a win off of them)

My kicker, Old Fart Detroit, continues to be my only reliable performer week-in, week-out, which means he's probably due for a viagra allergic reaction or a bye week, anything to keep him from kicking fantasy points through the uprights for me :mad:

Unlike two weeks this season, at least the Packers who when I lost.

Fantasy Football Hell.

SoonerMagicinGA
10/1/2012, 07:55 PM
Anyone else very frustrated that DM cant get a decent OL to run behind!! He could be such a beast if the Cowboys would commit to making him the focal point of the offense!

10/1/2012, 11:49 PM
Anyone else very frustrated that DM cant get a decent OL to run behind!! He could be such a beast if the Cowboys would commit to making him the focal point of the offense!I was looking through this DM thread on this, the last page, thinking there would be some info on how he looked tonight against Chicago. I saw the first half, and he was meh. Guess he didn't do much in the 2nd half either?

badger
10/2/2012, 08:14 AM
I was looking through this DM thread on this, the last page, thinking there would be some info on how he looked tonight against Chicago. I saw the first half, and he was meh. Guess he didn't do much in the 2nd half either?

I kind of thread-jacked and turned this into a b!tch about fantasy football woes thread.

DM7 only ran for 24, but had 57 yards receiving. It was not a day to run the ball for the Cowboys, as every time they got the ball, Tony gave it back to da Bears.

10/2/2012, 09:01 AM
I kind of thread-jacked and turned this into a b!tch about fantasy football woes thread.

DM7 only ran for 24, but had 57 yards receiving. It was not a day to run the ball for the Cowboys, as every time they got the ball, Tony gave it back to da Bears.Yeah, thanks. I later saw the lowlights of the game, with the cowboys looking like a choke machine.

badger
10/5/2012, 11:01 AM
Fantasy b!tching time: Thursday Night Football edition...

Sammie stayed benched till Wodgers is on bye, but for the time being, I love seeing him get Ws, even if he gets an interception and sacked here and there. Stay winning and healthy, Sam!

I started Andre, the number two receiver to Larry on the Cards. He got me a measily 4 points.

I also started the Rams kicker since he was perfect so far this season. He's no Old Fart Detroit, but he did get me 7 pts for his 53-yarder and two extra points! :)

Overall, only a lackluster receiver so far. With my opponent second-to-last in our league and possibly not noticing how many players he has on bye, this is my potential for my only winning week this season :(