PDA

View Full Version : dallas people........a ???

jk the sooner fan
9/5/2012, 04:10 PM
know of any good sports bars/pubs that might be showing the OU/FAMU PPV game this weekend?

SoonR4Life
9/5/2012, 04:21 PM
I would like to know this as well. I've called several buffalo wild wings and they will not be showing the game

olevetonahill
9/5/2012, 04:23 PM
I thot just about any sports bar would have it. Have ya checked with Hooters?

jk the sooner fan
9/5/2012, 04:28 PM
i'd prefer to go somewhere with good food - so Hooters will not be an option

FtwTxSooner
9/5/2012, 04:29 PM
http://www.ouclubofdallas.com/article.html?aid=301

This looks like a possiblity.

* Three Sheets (3113 Ross Ave, Dallas, TX - near Central Expressway) Featuring a reserved "Sooner Section" with guaranteed sound for each game.

Join us here for weekly watch parties for all of our games, both home and away! All Sooner fans are welcome. You don't have to be a member of OUCOD to attend. We look forward to seeing you there!

olevetonahill
9/5/2012, 04:31 PM
i'd prefer to go somewhere with good food - so Hooters will not be an option

Food wasnt in yer OP, Game was
Excuse me.

jk the sooner fan
9/5/2012, 04:32 PM
thanks - not sure if i'd be crashing an official club event though

i wonder if the new downtown Omni sports bar is carrying it - might check them out

jk the sooner fan
9/5/2012, 04:32 PM
Food wasnt in yer OP, Game was
Excuse me.

no worries! its at dinner time and i like to eat! :)

i need something to soak up any beers i might drink :)

jk the sooner fan
9/5/2012, 04:36 PM
ok the Owners Box at the Omni is NOT showing it - they dont do ppv

jk the sooner fan
9/5/2012, 04:41 PM
Two Rows used to be real OU friendly - the one in Allen is not picking up the PPV this weekend

Mississippi Sooner
9/5/2012, 04:46 PM
Hey, not to derail your thread here, but I just remembered that I now live in close to an urban area. I wonder if there might be a place in the St Louis area where I could catch the game? Guess I better start checking it out.

jk the sooner fan
you better start your own damn thread is what you better do

;)

SoonR4Life
Hooters would have been my last choice, but it looks like the only PPV event they are showing is UFC.

jk the sooner fan
9/5/2012, 04:47 PM
SCORE!!! Frankies Sports Bar in Lewisville - right off I-35 - is carrying the game

jk the sooner fan
9/5/2012, 04:48 PM
http://frankiesbar.com/location/

30 seconds between posts???? really?

colleyvillesooner
9/5/2012, 04:49 PM
ha, i was just about to suggest that one. My wife went for the last PPV one there when i went to the game with my Dad. you may see us and our little ones there in the SMALL non smoking room for the first half.

SoonR4Life
9/5/2012, 04:50 PM
Awesome! Thanks for checking around jk

Mississippi Sooner
9/5/2012, 04:51 PM
you better start your own damn thread is what you better do

;)

Hah! No need. Only took a minute of Googling. OU Club of St Louis meets at Weber's Front Row in Webster Groves, and they will be showing the Florida A&M game. So, I guess I'll be making a trip to South County on Saturday evening.

NCSooner18
9/5/2012, 08:38 PM
Also Pluckers in Fairview...OU club of Collin County watch party HQ

auto
9/6/2012, 04:18 PM
Also Pluckers in Fairview...OU club of Collin County watch party HQ

Fairview???? That is like close to Durant, my God, he said Dallas.:cocksure::friendly_wink:

NCSooner18
9/6/2012, 06:58 PM
Fairview???? That is like close to Durant, my God, he said Dallas.:cocksure::friendly_wink:

It's basically Allen.

colleyvillesooner
9/6/2012, 07:14 PM
You're basically Allen.

NCSooner18
9/7/2012, 10:08 AM
Not even sure how to reply to that.

Howzit
9/7/2012, 10:12 AM
Lonnegans in Hurst might.

Howzit
9/7/2012, 10:13 AM
Never mind, just saw the Lewisville post.

jk the sooner fan
9/7/2012, 12:45 PM
Lonnegans in Hurst might.

is that where you and I went that one occasion? i couldnt for the life of me remember where that was but its not close to mi casa AT all

and neither is Fairview....it's NOT Allen......if you have to put the word "basically" in front of it - it's just not..jeebus, Fairview......smh

:)

8timechamps
9/7/2012, 01:46 PM
thanks - not sure if i'd be crashing an official club event though

i wonder if the new downtown Omni sports bar is carrying it - might check them out

jk, you ever been to a Sooner club watch party? If not, you should definitely consider it. I can only speak for the OU Club of Colorado (Denver), but outside of going to a game, it's just about the best way to watch. Very laid back, and just a lot of Sooner fans watching the game. I'm assuming the Dallas club is similar, but there is nothing "official" about it (other than being able to buy OU Club stuff, and the president saying "hi" to everyone). If you've never been, and just want to find a good place to watch, I'd highly recommend any OU Club watch party.

sffl_06
9/7/2012, 02:57 PM
For future reference, you won't be crashing the official watching party anywhere. All Sooner fans are welcome at any place. I've been to Three Sheets and it's pretty cool with some decent food. It's pretty much downtown Dallas.

Fairview is near Allen. One side of Stacy Road @ 75 is Allen and the other is Fairview.

P.S. I play softball with Trey, the OU Club of Dallas president, which is how I know it's cool to go........I'm not a member either.

EatLeadCommie
9/7/2012, 04:36 PM
anybody know if The Franchise up in Plano is gonna have the game? I know they had Potato State a few years back...

jk the sooner fan
9/7/2012, 04:55 PM
call em and find out!

EatLeadCommie
9/7/2012, 04:59 PM
aw but I want somebody else to do it. I'm too busy browsing message boards and posting the menial details of my day on Facebook.

EatLeadCommie
9/7/2012, 05:19 PM
ok, I took 30 seconds out of my Facebooking and confirmed that The Franchise will be showing the game tomorrow. My experience has been that the place gets absolutely swamped, so show up early.

auto
9/8/2012, 05:14 AM
It's basically Allen.

Yes, close to Durant. Dallas, not Oklahoma:pop:

colleyvillesooner
9/14/2012, 11:20 AM
Anyone go to Frankie's? Ended up at the game as my mom hurt her ankle and couldn't go. My wife and son were there in the non smoking room and stayed till halftime. Had a good time.

jk the sooner fan
9/14/2012, 11:23 AM
yep i went. i walked in and found a BUNCH of aggie fans - sitting as quiet as could be watching the end of the game and their first SEC loss

the smoke wasn't as bad as i thought it might be - there were quite a few OU fans there

and one young lady sitting at a table near me who apparently bathed in her perfume before she went out...really folks, a drop will suffice - you dont need the whole bottle

colleyvillesooner
9/15/2012, 07:47 AM
Yeah my mentioned the Aggies. Said the ones near her seemed to just be happy they didn't get blown out.