PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome - Ad-blockers?

TitoMorelli
9/5/2012, 11:58 AM
For those using the Chrome browser, have you installed an add-on for blocking ads?

Also, are there fees required to use a Chrome ad blocker? I googled chrome and adblock and noticed a link to a Chrome Web Store.

I'm usually a Firefox user, but a few sites aren't displaying properly with my FF browser (including both older and updated versions).

TIA

SoonerBBall
9/5/2012, 12:17 PM
For those using the Chrome browser, have you installed an add-on for blocking ads?

Also, are there fees required to use a Chrome ad blocker? I googled chrome and adblock and noticed a link to a Chrome Web Store.

I'm usually a Firefox user, but a few sites aren't displaying properly with my FF browser (including both older and updated versions).

TIA

Chrome is awesome. Just search for AdBlock+ in the add-ons. It is by the same people who made AdBlock+ for Firefox and works just as well. I made the permanent switch to Chrome about 6 months ago and I'll never go back to FF or IE. It is just so much better.

Sooner_Bob
9/5/2012, 12:37 PM
I've been using Chrome and Adblock Plus for a while now . . . I only use the other browsers now to check how a website I've worked on might look.

8timechamps
9/5/2012, 05:07 PM
I'm a Chrome + AdBlocker user (for almost two years now). Love it. No fee for AdBlocker, but you have an option to donate to the developer when you install it (I always do, but it's completely voluntary).

CowboyMRW
9/5/2012, 07:22 PM
I got a brand new computer, and went in and first thing I did was install Chrome. It said that AdBlocker comes standard now, so it didn't require me to go into the store and get it.