PDA

View Full Version : Pharmacy robber already out

okie52
9/4/2012, 12:20 PM
Oklahoma City teen who robbed Jerome Ersland's pharmacy is no longer in custody

Jevontai Ingram, the gun-pointing robber in the Jerome Ersland case, says he wants to go to college and become a probation officer. Ersland, 60, a former Oklahoma City pharmacist, meanwhile, is serving a life sentence in prison for killing the second robber, Antwun “Speedy” Parker, 16.

Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-teen-who-robbed-jerome-erslands-pharmacy-is-no-longer-in-custody/article/3706705#ixzz25WSKYSdQ

sappstuf
9/4/2012, 12:44 PM
I take it, that is the robber that didn't take a couple to the chest..

badger
9/4/2012, 12:44 PM
The alive one. The other one's still dead.

It's the way of the juvie system. Commit a crime before 18, released at 18.

Maybe it'll scare him straight. He committed the crime at 14. He's had four years to think about how his friend died doing something stupid.

LiveLaughLove
9/4/2012, 01:47 PM
Sure something wrong with that picture.

That young man should have been charged with his partners death.

Soonerjeepman
9/4/2012, 02:09 PM

obviously I don't know the facts, but the pharmacists is still (even IN prison) in prison for killing the ARMED robber..

TheHumanAlphabet
9/4/2012, 08:09 PM
SO, any pool as to how quickly he is back in prison. I am sure he is an "honor student".

Skysooner
9/4/2012, 09:59 PM
obviously I don't know the facts, but the pharmacists is still (even IN prison) in prison for killing the ARMED robber..

The pharmacist shot him in the back as he was leaving. It was controversial for sure.

SouthCarolinaSooner
9/4/2012, 11:06 PM

Thought this was over and done with. Ersland probably in the right when he shot the first time, clearly over the line going in to "finish" the kid off. If Ersland knew what he did was right, why did he keep giving conflicting statements to the police? Ingram has an IQ of 72...will be in the system his whole life. Just a matter of time.

Midtowner
9/5/2012, 12:54 AM

He was charged with that as a juvenile. Dumb kids get second chances in our society. The system is pretty good about making a case by case determination as to who should be in the juvenile system vs. not. Also, a murderer who is 60 years old, has multiple college degrees and has attained the rank of Lt. Colonel in the U.S.A.F. who also possesses a conceal/carry license and has been exposed to the materials therein should know damn well when he can and cannot use deadly force.

Everyone got what they deserved, except maybe for the getaway driver who pushed these kids to do this in the first place. I'd have like to see them at least get a shot at the needle.

Midtowner
9/5/2012, 12:54 AM

No, the robber who was killed was unarmed.

--so as to the facts...well, obviously.

Midtowner
9/5/2012, 12:56 AM
The pharmacist shot him in the back as he was leaving. It was controversial for sure.

Nope. 1 slug to the head as was trying to put a mask on. Parker was down for the count. Ersland later came back, retrieved a different weapon and shot him five more times.

Skysooner
9/5/2012, 07:37 AM
Nope. 1 slug to the head as was trying to put a mask on. Parker was down for the count. Ersland later came back, retrieved a different weapon and shot him five more times.

Ah, my mistake. I seem to remember something a couple of years back on the board about an armed robber being shot as he was running away. Must have been a different case.

okie52
9/5/2012, 08:03 AM
He was charged with that as a juvenile. Dumb kids get second chances in our society. The system is pretty good about making a case by case determination as to who should be in the juvenile system vs. not. Also, a murderer who is 60 years old, has multiple college degrees and has attained the rank of Lt. Colonel in the U.S.A.F. who also possesses a conceal/carry license and has been exposed to the materials therein should know damn well when he can and cannot use deadly force.

Everyone got what they deserved, except maybe for the getaway driver who pushed these kids to do this in the first place. I'd have like to see them at least get a shot at the needle.

If I'm lucky I'm going to meet a juror this weekend at a tailgate. Hopefully I'll get her name so I can share it with appreciative people such as yourself.

Midtowner
9/5/2012, 08:29 AM
^ I'm not sure whether you're kidding, but I'd be careful who I shared that name with. There are lots of crazies out there who like many in this thread, know about 25% to 50% of what happened (or just have a lynch mob mentality which approves of killing young black males just 'cuz) and are still outraged over the whole thing.

olevetonahill
9/5/2012, 08:32 AM
^ I'm not sure whether you're kidding, but I'd be careful who I shared that name with. There are lots of crazies out there who like many in this thread, know about 25% to 50% of what happened (or just have a lynch mob mentality which approves of killing young black males just 'cuz) and are still outraged over the whole thing.

You sure do Paint with a Broad brush there dont ya?

Why must you bring RACE into every thing you post about?

Midtowner
9/5/2012, 08:39 AM
You sure do Paint with a Broad brush there dont ya?

Why must you bring RACE into every thing you post about?

I said some, not all.

I joined up with a Facebook group just to monitor things "Jerome Ersland should of been freed" [sic] or some such nonsense. Lots of n***** bombs there. Lots of overt racism. To say that some folks aren't motivated here by racial hatred is just silly.

Note, I never said "all." Some folks who think Jerome Ersland should be free just don't understand the facts or can't deal with them.

olevetonahill
9/5/2012, 08:50 AM
I said some, not all.

I joined up with a Facebook group just to monitor things "Jerome Ersland should of been freed" [sic] or some such nonsense. Lots of n***** bombs there. Lots of overt racism. To say that some folks aren't motivated here by racial hatred is just silly.

Note, I never said "all." Some folks who think Jerome Ersland should be free just don't understand the facts or can't deal with them.

And I never said you said ALL
Dont Back peddle there Mid . YOU said " Like Many in this thread" "have a lynch mob mentality which approves of killing young black males just 'cuz "

You flat out called Most here Racist murderers . Now you try to bring up FB in defense of your statement
**** you

okie52
9/5/2012, 09:16 AM

Oh I was just kidding about sharing her name. She is a friend of my daughters but I have never met her. I'm sure she did what she thought was right although I could never have voted to give the guy life particularly when manslaughter was an option for the jury.

Midtowner
9/5/2012, 09:25 AM
And I never said you said ALL
Dont Back peddle there Mid . YOU said " Like Many in this thread" "have a lynch mob mentality which approves of killing young black males just 'cuz "

You flat out called Most here Racist murderers . Now you try to bring up FB in defense of your statement
**** you

Vet, this flows from your inability to read English. I can't help the fact that you read it wrong. Clearly, I said that there are many on this thread who know very little about what happened and have formed incorrect conclusions from their incorrect facts.

I then said that some folks (maybe some on this thread) are racists who would rather just lynch folks anyhow.

If that applies to you, then so be it. If not, quite gettin' all defensive. The racists can defend themselves just fine.

olevetonahill
9/5/2012, 09:41 AM

Vet, this flows from your inability to read English. I can't help the fact that you read it wrong. Clearly, I said that there are many on this thread who know very little about what happened and have formed incorrect conclusions from their incorrect facts.

I then said that some folks (maybe some on this thread) are racists who would rather just lynch folks anyhow.

If that applies to you, then so be it. If not, quite gettin' all defensive. The racists can defend themselves just fine.

Please show me where I MISREAD your statement? Quit addin and subtractin to your words , You clearly said that Most in this thread would want to kill young black men

Not "Some" Or even " Maybe" you said "Many" in this thread