PDA

View Full Version : Any News On Any Of The Players Who Missed The UTEP Game?

FaninAma
9/4/2012, 10:22 AM
Any update on Walker's injury?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/4/2012, 10:40 AM
Don't think Walker is an injury..

DarrellZero
9/4/2012, 10:42 AM
Stoops said Grissom will be back, FWIW.

colleyvillesooner
9/4/2012, 11:04 AM
Really surprised the Walker thing hasn't leaked out yet...

Soonermagik
9/4/2012, 11:52 AM
I heard on the radio today that Casey Walker was a personal issue and he's supposedly deciding if he wants to play football anymore. I sure hope he decides to come back. If they want a shot at a BCS game they will need experience on the D-line. I hope McGee will be back in the next week or so as well.

soonerdo
9/4/2012, 11:57 AM
Walker is done..thought that came up day or two ago

TheHumanAlphabet
9/4/2012, 12:04 PM
So whats the deal? Everyone speaks of it, so cant be rumor.

SOONERMANN13
9/4/2012, 01:00 PM
Thought I read on one of the quotes from david king that "walker should be back in the next couple of weeks".....FWIW or maybe he was instructed to say something along those lines

8timechamps
9/4/2012, 06:07 PM
Nothing has been released from the athletic department or coaching staff regarding Walker's leave of absence other than "personal issue". Everything else is rumor or speculation.

Stoops said that Walker and McGee had "No change" in their current situation and wouldn't play against FAMU.

Grissom WILL play this weekend.

Nobody asked about Jaz or Trey, so Stoops didn't address those guys. I suspect that question will come up at some point before the KSU game.

ouwasp
9/4/2012, 06:52 PM
Gosh, when is OU gonna get some good news, personnel-wise?

En_Fuego
9/4/2012, 06:58 PM
Gosh, when is OU gonna get some good news, personnel-wise?

When they hire a new strength and conditioning coach !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hata's gona hate.....

picasso
9/4/2012, 08:21 PM
Thought I read on one of the quotes from david king that "walker should be back in the next couple of weeks".....FWIW or maybe he was instructed to say something along those lines
Yeah you did but apparently soonerhairdo is even closer to the program than a starting player.

colleyvillesooner
9/4/2012, 09:44 PM
@jasonkersey: Casey Walker's mother just emphatically told me he's "great" and will be back "soon." Wouldn't get more specific than that. #Sooners

http://m.newsok.com/oklahoma-football-casey-walkers-mother-says-he-will-return-to-sooners/article/3707027

Good to hear.

IslandSooner
9/4/2012, 09:46 PM
Well that is good news.

SouthFortySooner
9/4/2012, 09:55 PM
Mamma knows best

wolfeco24
9/4/2012, 10:06 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/football-depth-chart.html

walker may play

OU_Sooners75
9/4/2012, 10:20 PM
Walker wasn't an injury. But last week he had to be ran to the hospital for something. Maybe the bird flu that is supposedly going around the metro?

OU_Sooners75
9/4/2012, 10:22 PM
Is torrea peterson back?

Soonerus
9/4/2012, 10:42 PM
I heard Ryan Reynolds is likely for Saturday...

zeke
9/4/2012, 11:58 PM
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-football-casey-walkers-mother-says-he-will-return-to-sooners/article/3707027

stoops the eternal pimp
9/5/2012, 12:05 PM
Has anyone heard if AD's collarbone is healed up and also an update on Jason White's knees...thanks.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/5/2012, 12:29 PM
AD's collarbone is good to go, but Jason White's knees are rigatoni still. Jeff Frazier should be back to practice this week though. Glyn Milburn transferred out to Stanford and Bryan Sallier, on top of playing basketball, is going to give it a go at tight-end. Things are looking up.

Boomer.....
9/5/2012, 01:18 PM
Has Brent Rawls recovered from his fall yet? We need Laundry out of there, stat!

8timechamps
9/5/2012, 04:40 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Aubrey Beavers practiced today and should be ready to go Saturday. Still no word on Steve Collins finger though.

picasso
9/5/2012, 05:00 PM
Chris Melson rolled his ankle.

85sooners
9/5/2012, 05:09 PM
Damn

goingoneight
9/5/2012, 06:24 PM
Stoops hath spoken. Walker is healthy and will return to practice Monday per the innerwebz.

VA Sooner
9/5/2012, 08:54 PM
Torrea Peterson working on his grades... Stoops didn't sound very hopeful though.

I wish Walker's Mom used Twitter... would have been welcome news at any time.

Did we finish combing for JuCo DTs?

Ndulue was hard on himself for his performance this Saturday but I thought he did OK... anyone else see anything different?

8timechamps
9/5/2012, 09:38 PM
Torrea Peterson working on his grades... Stoops didn't sound very hopeful though.

I wish Walker's Mom used Twitter... would have been welcome news at any time.

Did we finish combing for JuCo DTs?

Ndulue was hard on himself for his performance this Saturday but I thought he did OK... anyone else see anything different?

I thought Ndulue played really well for a first time starter. I'm happy that he's not happy with his performance though.

From everything I've seen we're still looking at DTs. Right now, the best JuCo prospect we have is a kid named Toby Johnson out of Hutchinson CC (KS). The coaching staff has a lot riding on one kid, Justin Manning (brother of Demarcus Granger). He's got the size and talent to be a freshman starter. Otherwise, we have offers out to 5 or 6 other guys that haven't committed anywhere.

Once the season starts, recruiting slows way gown (between the coaches focus and recruits playing their high school seasons). Oddly, we were probably the deepest along the d-line than any other area just before camp opened. Need some guys to step up.