PDA

View Full Version : Meltdown poll: Which fanbase melted down the most?

badger
9/4/2012, 08:21 AM
Look here for this week's meltdowns. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?170184-2012-College-Football-Meltdown-Thread/page2)

Tell me what your favorites are so I'll look for more of those type of posts in the future.

Two days of votin'

Nominees:
-Wazzu (Example: There are so many nincompoops in the cougar fanbase it is laughable.)
-Vandy (Example: when will the SEC 'level the playing field' for Vanderbilt? WHEN?)
-Penn State (Example: **** you!'!!! This team is horrible!!!! Don't fuvking **** on people because their upset... We have nothing to look forward to because it's just going to get worse from year to year. PSU football is done for. )
-Pitt (Example: whoever invented those god-awful Sweet Caroline t-shirts needs to put one on, then have it lit ablaze. If someone told me that last night's loss was the universe's karmic payback for Pitt playing that song, I'd have no trouble whatsoever believing them. )
-Maryland (Example: We can't run the ball, our passing is mainly off screen passes and short patterns, and our o line does not do much well. AND THIS WAS AGAINST A TEAM IN W&M THAT IS NOT VERY GOOD. )
-Cal (Example: The amount of teams we seek revenge against just keeps growing. )
-Auburn (Example: Same crap, different year. That's why I am still highly pissed off.)
-SMU (Example: us making 3 bowls in a row is a product of this new bloated postseason model where every team gets a ribbon)
-Michigan (Example: What is shameful is all the pussbag fans like you who ***** and moan and declare the season over after game 1. Maybe football just isn't your sport... Grab your tampons and go watch some figure skating or something. )
-Kentucky (Example: The SEC is going to have a field day with us this year, thank god for Kent state)
-Syracuse (Example: Since you were there in the student section, do you know where 1/2 of them went to in the 3rd quarter? Are there 2pm classes on a Saturday?)
-Georgia Tech (Example: I don't even understand what you're yammering about. Did you even watch the game? We played like hamfisted asshats and didn't deserve to win. You want to win by default?)

olevetonahill
9/4/2012, 08:27 AM
No Clue , Dont go to other schools boards
I thot this place had a pretty dayum good melt down

BoulderSooner79
9/4/2012, 09:25 AM
-Cal (Example: The amount of teams we seek revenge against just keeps growing. )

That's the example I liked the best. I peeked at landthieves and there was
some serious melting going on. But there wasn't much humor or cleverness.

badger
9/4/2012, 09:40 AM

That's the example I liked the best. I peeked at landthieves and there was
some serious melting going on. But there wasn't much humor or cleverness.

I definitely had some favorites last year and it was usually the fanbases that had experience melting down that were the most clever: Cal, Colorado, Indiana, Kansas --- they were all fantastic, especially Indiana, since they've been stuck with two of our ex-coaches that they now despise (Kevin Wilson in football, Kelvin Sampson in basketball).

The fanbases accustomed to winning are usually good for some extreme cussing and word filter testing, but not much else.

Michigan is kind of a tweener -- they are the all-time winningest program (because admit it meat chicken - you had quite a few years' head start on the rest of us), but they have had to deal with Rich Roddy and Lloyd Carr on the downturn. Brady Hoke seems like a good guy... but Michie only cares about winning.

TheUnnamedSooner
9/4/2012, 12:44 PM
aTm melted down and they didn't even have a game. I'm with vet, this place had a pretty good one too.

badger
9/4/2012, 12:53 PM
aTm melted down and they didn't even have a game. I'm with vet, this place had a pretty good one too.

I'll save it for later this season for those worried about karma or something

cccasooner2
9/4/2012, 12:58 PM
No Clue , Dont go to other schools boards
I thot this place had a pretty dayum good melt down

Coulda been better, but then again, we had a terrible offseason. All kinds of carpal stuff, confusions, and in general poor choices in liquor just caught up with us.