PDA

View Full Version : Sooners Travel policy

basel90
9/4/2012, 02:59 AM
i read that the sooners took the bus from El Paso to Norman. That must be a 10 hour trip ?? why aren't they flying ? This is an elite football team and i can only imagine how exhausted they will be after this. Just wondering if other top teams travel like this .

soonerdude86
9/4/2012, 03:20 AM
They flew both down there and back. The company that I work for at Will Rogers was in charge of loading and unloading them, and a friend of mine was the dispatcher that worked the flight.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL1824

I think the only trip they don't make via airplane is going to Stillwater.

badger
9/4/2012, 07:10 AM
And Tulsa too, probably. There's probably heavy commuter traffic to airports that's longer than Norman to Tulsa on a bus (maybe)

basel90
9/4/2012, 07:45 AM
Thanks for clarifying this , as i saw the NewsOk article about the DEs today mentioning the bus trip after the game.

mojorisen2014
9/4/2012, 07:55 AM
They flew both down there and back. The company that I work for at Will Rogers was in charge of loading and unloading them, and a friend of mine was the dispatcher that worked the flight.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL1824

I think the only trip they don't make via airplane is going to Stillwater.

They take bus down to Dallas

soonerdude86
9/4/2012, 11:54 AM
They take bus down to Dallas

No they don't. I've fueled their airplane and have watched them load up before they've flown down to Dallas before.

TheUnnamedSooner
9/4/2012, 12:39 PM
No they don't. I've fueled their airplane and have watched them load up before they've flown down to Dallas before.

This must be new because I've seen them take the team bus down before and Stoops used to talk about riding down with the players.

madillsoonerfan5353
9/4/2012, 12:58 PM

Swing and a miss. They bus down on Friday before usually stopping around Ardmore to grab a bite to eat at Interurban. :beaten:

yermom
9/4/2012, 01:03 PM
maybe it was a bus back to the hotel after the game?

it took me about 12 hours to get to El Paso and i only really stopped for gas and once to eat dinner. i'm sure a bus would have taken a little longer...

SoonerinSouthlake
9/4/2012, 01:05 PM
Swing and a miss. They bus down on Friday before usually stopping around Ardmore to grab a bite to eat at Interurban. :beaten:

you are all wrong. Stoops let them all take their own cars and just meet up an hour or so before the game. I ate Subway and last year with Jackie Shipp Landry and Boomer the HorsePig at that Loves truckstop outside of Denton. Then we all got in my car and went to KT.

toast
9/4/2012, 05:18 PM
I heard they had to ride in the equipment trucks.

8timechamps
9/4/2012, 05:29 PM
Doesn't anyone else watch the videos on Soonersports?

There was a video (RJ Washington) up Thursday about the equipment truck leaving for El Paso. Washington was talking about how long of a drive they had through Texas, and that the players were flying.