PDA

View Full Version : Best part of the UTEP game...

Soonerus
9/3/2012, 06:52 PM
Landry's increased mobility was very evident and will pay big dividends this year, he looks to have improved to a new level !!!

C&CDean
9/3/2012, 06:55 PM
Russell, galdammit, there's at least 100 brazillion threads on the front page with this same topic.

Well maybe not that many, but there's at least 1.

Good to see you back.

Soonerus
9/3/2012, 06:58 PM
Yoooo...great minds think alike...

olevetonahill
9/3/2012, 07:27 PM
Rus, I will make at least one trip up and stop by and drank yer Beer :very_drunk:

Soonerus
9/3/2012, 07:31 PM
Ok, let me know when, I'll be in the same place.

8timechamps
9/3/2012, 07:32 PM
Landry's increased mobility was very evident and will pay big dividends this year, he looks to have improved to a new level !!!

I went back and watched a lot of the game, and Landry really had a pretty good night. His mobility is much better than it's been in the past. He was a little off target a couple of times, but there were also several drops. Otherwise, not bad. Best of all, no picks.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/3/2012, 07:38 PM
I went back and watched a lot of the game, and Landry really had a pretty good night. His mobility is much better than it's been in the past. He was a little off target a couple of times, but there were also several drops. Otherwise, not bad. Best of all, no picks.I thought he looked pretty good. The line...not so much.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/3/2012, 07:40 PM
I also liked the good punt return in the 2nd or 3rd Q by the PSU transfer. He's gonna break one!

85sooners
9/3/2012, 08:14 PM
Landry is the man

OU_Sooners75
9/3/2012, 08:48 PM
Yes Landry's footwork looks as if it has improved. But it appears that was it.

I'm not trying to rag on him. But he still holds the ball too long. He still seems to sense phantom pressure and flushes the pocket too early. And he seems to get happy feet when he is being pressure from said phantom pressure.

He still hasn't got a connection with his WRs and it showed against UTEP.

I am starting to think he thinks he has to be perfect. And we all know when you start thinking you have to be perfect, you won't be.

He needs to just relax. And after being in the system for this long, you would think he would have learned that by now.

Another thing I think sets to him is the no huddle. I used to love the no huddle, but now I wish they would ditch it! It seems to bother Landry and it definitely doesn't help the OL at all!!

8timechamps
9/3/2012, 09:02 PM
Yes Landry's footwork looks as if it has improved. But it appears that was it.

I'm not trying to rag on him. But he still holds the ball too long. He still seems to sense phantom pressure and flushes the pocket too early. And he seems to get happy feet when he is being pressure from said phantom pressure.

He still hasn't got a connection with his WRs and it showed against UTEP.

I am starting to think he thinks he has to be perfect. And we all know when you start thinking you have to be perfect, you won't be.

He needs to just relax. And after being in the system for this long, you would think he would have learned that by now.

Another thing I think sets to him is the no huddle. I used to love the no huddle, but now I wish they would ditch it! It seems to bother Landry and it definitely doesn't help the OL at all!!

All fair points that I don't think anyone would disagree with. Landry's was lost after Ryan went down, but it looks like Kenny may fill that role this year. So many new faces catching the ball, it's just going to take some time. Kinda glad we have a bye after this week.

OU_Sooners75
9/3/2012, 09:28 PM
All fair points that I don't think anyone would disagree with. Landry's was lost after Ryan went down, but it looks like Kenny may fill that role this year. So many new faces catching the ball, it's just going to take some time. Kinda glad we have a bye after this week.

I agree with everything but that last sentence.

I honestly do not think bye weeks help anything early in the season.

The more game time the new guys get together the more they learn. The players learn a bunch in the filmroom. But they also learn more when facing others that they don't see everyday.

I wish the first bye was before texas and before WVU like what was originally the case in the prilimary schedule.

soonerloyal
9/3/2012, 11:24 PM
RUSS! Aren't you a sight for sore eyes! Welcome home!

Pshaw. Deer in headlights, don't wanna throw to anyone but Kenny FIRST Jones. Hope it's better in game II.

tooslow
9/4/2012, 03:46 PM
Kinda glad we have a bye after this week.

I'd say it's more of a bye both this week and next week. :)

PalmBeachSooner
9/4/2012, 04:19 PM

I was impressed, but I think his WR let him down more times than not because they only successful play where he was using his new found feet was the TD to Stills. Most other times his fancy foot work ended in an incompletion.

8timechamps
9/4/2012, 06:03 PM
I agree with everything but that last sentence.

I honestly do not think bye weeks help anything early in the season.

The more game time the new guys get together the more they learn. The players learn a bunch in the filmroom. But they also learn more when facing others that they don't see everyday.

I wish the first bye was before texas and before WVU like what was originally the case in the prilimary schedule.

Normally I would agree with you, but in this case I think the more practice we can get in, the better the O-line will perform.

They're going to see better competition in practice the next three weeks than they will in the game Saturday.

goingoneight
9/4/2012, 06:48 PM
I don't know where it is people act like LJ has never avoided pressure and made a play before. The 2010 CCG was littered with examples.

It was nice to see 2TD next to his name without any INT, though.

En_Fuego
9/4/2012, 07:03 PM
http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp62/jonvchavez/Picture1.jpg