PDA

View Full Version : Good things about the game, IMO.

OUInformant
9/3/2012, 02:13 PM
Offense:

1. Landry's work on his mobility paid off. He was very quick to dodge potential tacklers buying himself time to make a play. Despite missing on a couple throws, he had a nice game statistically.

2. The running backs were pretty impressive. Whaley showed some rust, but, then again, so did Lattimore at South Carolina. ACL injuries suck. Damien Williams is pretty darn good.

3. The receiving corps looks to be very talented. As soon as Landry can get more in sync with Metoyer, that should be an awesome duo.

4. Justin Brown has some high-level kick returning skills. I would place a bet that he takes a few to the house this year.

5. The TE position should be pretty good. Brannon Green had a nice TD catch.

6. Trey Millard. Enough said.

7. The OLine didn't play well, but there were times where Landry simply held on to the ball too long. There were glimpses of hope, however.

Defense:

1. The secondary was ridiculously good. I was really surprised to see them play so well against a team in UTEP that actually throws the ball pretty well (probably better than the real Texas).

2. The defense didn't give up a point, let alone a TD. Yeah, UTEP botched a few FGs, but still. Good going D.

3. Some of our defensive linemen can really play, like David King. Though the middle of the line was a weak-point, we were missing some pretty good players. Let's hope we can get some of them back.

We need to shore up our punting game obviously, which I think we will. We also need to get back some of our missing tackles (and other players). I suspect we will see quite a bit of improvement in the offensive line in the next couple of weeks. We have had many struggles in opening games but have gone on to win the conference crown. I don't think this year will be any different. I would also rather win a game playing good defense, like a 24-7 game, than in an offensive shutout, like 62-35. Defense wins championships.

Anyways, that's my opinion.