PDA

View Full Version : D. Wiilams should be the starting RB.

OU_Sooners75
9/2/2012, 09:16 PM
Eom

SoonerorLater
9/2/2012, 09:25 PM
I'm not quite ready to kick Whaley to the curb as of yet. He did average about 5 yards per carry last night. I know Williams had that big run and that sure counts but Whaley looked ok to me.

nativesooner
9/2/2012, 09:30 PM
not to mention the UTEP D was WORE OUT in the 2nd half. :distress:

85sooners
9/2/2012, 09:40 PM
Let them all play

SoonerofAlabama
9/2/2012, 09:49 PM
Not giving up on Whaley and Clay yet.

cleller
9/2/2012, 09:52 PM
Whaley deserves to start until Bob thinks different. How's that?

jk the sooner fan
9/2/2012, 10:11 PM
Williams reminded me of Chris Brown with quite a bit more speed

in the words of Coach Stoops - he has a chance to be "special"

Always_Sooner
9/2/2012, 10:38 PM
Anyone know why Finch did not get a carry last night?

OU_Sooners75
9/2/2012, 11:05 PM
Oh I'm not giving up on Whaley, but clearly is not where he was pre-injury. And that is expected.

So I think he should get less of a work load and ease back in. Not to mention the 3 or 4 passes he flat out dropped last night.

Clay imo is at best the 3rd best runnung back in our arsenal. He is the best blocking rb though. However last night and last year he hesitates when hitting the hole. There was one play last night the ol actually had a huge hole for him to run through, but he was slow to get to it, that he settled for 2 or 3 yeqrs compared what could have been at least 10 yards.

Not sure why finch never played or got the ball.

Oh and OT: going over the game, OU was very vanilla on both sides of the ball. But there were a ton of missed assignments.

BlownGP
9/2/2012, 11:13 PM
I wanted to see Finch so bad. Its good to know we have depth though..

redkid
9/3/2012, 12:45 AM
finch is part of the secret package stoops was hiding from everyone last night,,gonna turn him loose when he opens up the playbook

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/3/2012, 01:53 AM
I'm not quite ready to kick Whaley to the curb as of yet. He did average about 5 yards per carry last night. I know Williams had that big run and that sure counts but Whaley looked ok to me.They are both VERY good, and should both be in the game at the same time, and used often, , given that they can block well.

ouflak
9/3/2012, 02:04 AM
You're not saying this because the vBet didn't work out are?

cleller
9/3/2012, 07:30 AM
finch is part of the secret package stoops was hiding from everyone last night,,gonna turn him loose when he opens up the playbook

This theory never fails to soothe.

Besides, wasn't Finch carrying the mustard that night?

kevpks
9/3/2012, 07:50 AM
I want two 1000 yard rushers like in '08.

LiveLaughLove
9/3/2012, 08:37 AM
Whaley has lost a step it seems, but he deserves more than one game before being demoted.

Williams was definitely a highlight but he was going against a tired defense.

Finch has seemingly been in the dog house for some reason for awhile now. Not buying the saving him for some mystery package thing.

zeke
9/3/2012, 08:53 AM
not to mention the UTEP D was WORE OUT in the 2nd half. :distress:

^this^

SoonerorLater
9/3/2012, 09:04 AM
Whaley has lost a step it seems, but he deserves more than one game before being demoted.

Williams was definitely a highlight but he was going against a tired defense.

Finch has seemingly been in the dog house for some reason for awhile now. Not buying the saving him for some mystery package thing.

The general consensus is that Finch is the poorest blocker and job 1 for any OU back is to keep Landry Jones upright. (and no this isn't a bash Landry Jones post before anybody goes off)

vtsooner21
9/3/2012, 09:09 AM
In the words of Lee Corso..."Not so fast, my friend"....Many factors may lead you to believe that Whaley might not measure up to last season's performance, but consider the play calls may not have been top notch in the use of Whaley and his stable mates. Also, as previously noted, the UTEP D was getting gassed after halftime and ultimately had to resort to the "mustard technique" to slow the pace down. If anyone has Coach Heupel's direct line, please suggest that he might consider bouncing a few runs to the outside where the D would not be able to stop those backs. Seal off those ends and see what success the Sooners may have, Just a thought....
Boomer

stoopified
9/3/2012, 11:46 AM
Whaley deserves to start until Bob thinks different. How's that?true dat

badger
9/3/2012, 11:59 AM
I'm not quite ready to kick Whaley to the curb as of yet. He did average about 5 yards per carry last night. I know Williams had that big run and that sure counts but Whaley looked ok to me.

NP reminded me of our YPC average when I was like ho-humming over our running game. I didn't see a ton of breakout AD-like runs (remember how he used to bob his head as he charged down the sideline for TD? like that), but then again, I watched it on DVR the next morning because Baby Badger has been sick lately and was fast-forwarding to scoring drives.

usmc-sooner
9/3/2012, 03:11 PM
I'd go Whaley and Williams, and Clay would get mop up duty.

8timechamps
9/3/2012, 03:16 PM

Stoops said in his press conference that there is no specific reason he didn't play. He said that they will play the guys that they feel are the most ready to go. I don't think Finch is in the doghouse, I just think he's not able to perform the blocking he needs to, and he won't see a lot of time until he is.

All_Day_28
9/3/2012, 03:28 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?170408-Here-s-why-Roy-Finch-didn-t-see-a-single-snap-on-offense-Saturday