PDA

View Full Version : Power Diamond

cccasooner2
9/2/2012, 08:58 PM
Was last night the first time three power backs used in the diamond formation? The combination of D. Williams, T. Millard, and J. Bird was very effective on the 12 and 65 yard runs. I can see this formation utilized with Whaley/Clay interchangable with D. Williams and Rip interchangable with Bird.

The formation seems to have a lot going for it, a speedy strong feature back that is also a good blocker/receiver, two excellent power blockers that are also good runners/receivers (at least with Millard). Many combinations could be run out of it running/passing. Last night Millard and Bird shiifted into the Belldozer formation and really cleared the way for D. Williams on the TD. The Oline got their licks in really good too as their familiarity with the dozer scheme fit right in. I can see this combination being used more often with the big guys.

85sooners
9/2/2012, 09:00 PM
Worked a few times

8timechamps
9/2/2012, 09:10 PM
Somehow, I missed Bird on offense. Probably one of the many times I was cursing at the TV and not focused on the actual play.

cccasooner2
9/2/2012, 09:43 PM
Somehow, I missed Bird on offense. Probably one of the many times I was cursing at the TV and not focused on the actual play.

HolaKyle highlights was the first I noticed also, I was only used to the 55. :)