PDA

View Full Version : UTEP Photos are up . . .

Phil
9/2/2012, 07:09 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/content.php?53-UTEP-Photos

8timechamps
9/2/2012, 08:34 PM
gah! No "Bad" "***" photos!

Is it as bad as it looks? Never been, but it looks hot and arid...and really close to the murder capital of the world.

Sooner91ATL
9/3/2012, 03:31 AM
El Paso is quite lovely for those who like the desert. I lived there for 5 years. Loved it. There is hiking, biking, 340 days of bright sunshine, dry climate, tons of things to do close by. Phoenix is near which was good for all those fiesta bowl trips. Its basically in southern NM which offers a ton of cool things to do from Las Cruces all the way up to Taos.

If one is not into the desert climate, then it may be a hell on earth. But I enjoyed the starkness of it and the beauty of the terrain. Riding my bike along the rio grande on a Sunday morning was my church. Even with the rattlesnakes.

Juarez has always been dicey but until recently it was very safe for Americans. Now, not so much. But being in the vicinity of Juarez is not dangerous, unless you buy/sell/make crystal meth/marijuana/cocaine. You are much more likely to be killed by a drunk driver, which in that area of the country (and tx and NM in particular) is sadly epidemic, than anything else.

El Paso is a safe place to live, low cost of living. yes, sleepy. But I have 3 kids and a wife from nearby and I wouldn't mind heading back someday. Oh, and the best Mexican food in the US. And nice people as well. Maybe not as nice as in Oklahoma, but pretty close. And every single OU game on TV is available - I didn't miss a game in 5 years.

Phil
9/3/2012, 08:23 AM
gah! No "Bad" "***" photos!

Is it as bad as it looks? Never been, but it looks hot and arid...and really close to the murder capital of the world.

Nah - it's not bad. But definitely close to Juarez. I'd venture to say that we played closer to Juarez, as the crow flies, than our tailgate was to Owen Field.

sendbaht
9/3/2012, 08:31 AM
Thanks for posting the photos..